Anybody else think DJ is trying to channel Hulkamania with all the hand cupping?

ITW 2012

Anybody else think DJ is trying to channel Hulkamania with all the hand cupping? Combining an immovable object (Axl Rose) with the most powerful force in the universe (Hulkamania) seems like a good idea to me. DJ should break out I Am A Real American

during his solo spot one night. Edited by ITW 2012

Anybody else think DJ is trying to channel Hulkamania with all the hand cupping? Combining an immovable object (Axl Rose) with the most powerful force in the universe (Hulkamania) seems like a good idea to me. DJ should break out I Am A Real American

during his solo spot one night.

Thats funny. And Hulkamania died in the 80's.

GNR is a lot like Hulkamania in the sense that no matter what happens it just keeps on going. Axl can be in hiding for years and then one day he'll wake up all shaking (kind of like in the November Rain video) and the next thing you know he'll be out on tour.

Edited by ITW 2012

Hmmm compelling discussion! Axl certainly is going with the Hulksters look these days as well... I'd wager the next time a bottle hits him he'll be unleashing the awesome power of the Atomic Leg Drop!!

He should probably save the leg drop for paparazzi. Replacing twittering with Mean Gene style interviews would be a good idea though.

It's just too easy for the written word to be misconstrued these days.

Seems like the Hulkster got a better reception from promoters in the UK.

Edited by ITW 2012

This is your best thread :lol:

Thanks. I thought this was something worth discussing. GNR's troubles often make for an interesting storyline. Sort of the same type of thing that attracts people to wrestling. They've always been an interesting band outside of just the music.

Edited by ITW 2012

during his solo spot one night.

Remember the Hulk Hogan Rock n' Wrestling cartoon? well the intro sounds like November Rain ending.

Rock n' Wrestling

This is especially funny because Hogan is on TV right this moment, on TNA Wrestling on Spike, which in my opinion is far superior to WWE nowadays..although WWE's monopolized business model wouldn't show it...similar to the way that even when GnR pulls a great show (Belfast, or for TNA, "The Whole F'N Show) no one hears about it, but when they really hit rock bottom big time (Dublin, and "Hardcore Justice" for TNA)..everyone from your mother to your great aunt seems to know of the failure..

Fucking media, they ain't eating their vitamins obviously

GNR is a lot like Hulkamania in the sense that no matter what happens it just keeps on going. Axl can be in hiding for years and then one day he'll wake up all shaking (kind of like in the November Rain video) and the next thing you know he'll be out on tour.

this real talk is brought to you by r.kelly

people give you shit but you usually have a point.

This is your best thread :lol:

You guys have got me thinking about which old school wrestling manager would best represent GNR. Let's see... We've got Miss Elizabeth, The Slickster, Bobbie "The Brain" Heenan, Jimmy "The Mouth of The South" Hart, and Mr. Fuji. For some reason I think Mr. Fuji would do the best job. That might just be in my subconscious though because Fuji represented Demolition, and the names Ax and Smash always made me think of Axl and Slash. I wonder if Demolition stole their names from GNR.

Edited by ITW 2012

You guys have got me thinking about which old school wrestling manager would best represent GNR. Let's see... We've got Miss Elizabeth, The Slickster, Bobbie "The Brain" Heenan, Jimmy "The Mouth of The South" Hart, and Mr. Fuji. For some reason I think Mr. Fuji would do the best job. That might just be in my subconscious though because Fuji represented Demolition, and the names Ax and Smash always made me think of Axl and Slash. I wonder if Demolition stole their names from GNR.

Jim Cornette.

Jim Cornette.

That name doesn't ring a bell.