New Pro Shot Footage from KOHD at the ARC club in Paris

The Glow Inc.

I have always wondered why Axl sings "long black cloud" instead of the GNR-version "cold black cloud" live.

:question:

"Long black cloud" is the original way Bob wrote it, but even he's changed the words on KOHD around a thousand times that there is no "correct" cover version. GNR plays this song a lot closer to the original than they did 20 years ago.

Did Slash personally go to Bob when the band decided to record KOHD? I know he played on his "Under the Red Sky"..

This band has way to many musicians. I hope Axl trims some of the fat the next time they take a break.

I disagree

Way to back up that disagreement.

If I remember correctly, this band had more fame and success with only 5 people on stage instead of 8-9. This isn't fucking Slipknot or Rammstein.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby, Sorum, Dizzy, Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag. That's 9 for a start. So they've been like 'fucking Slipknot or Rammstein, multiple years before either of those bands existed.

I have always wondered why Axl sings "long black cloud" instead of the GNR-version "cold black cloud" live.

"Long black cloud" is the original way Bob wrote it, but even he's changed the words on KOHD around a thousand times that there is no "correct" cover version. GNR plays this song a lot closer to the original than they did 20 years ago.

Did Slash personally go to Bob when the band decided to record KOHD? I know he played on his "Under the Red Sky"..

That song is covered by almost everybody..

My lyrics go

Momma take these tears that I cry

I cant cry them any more

all I see is her leaving

walking away closing that door....

Did Slash personally go to Bob when the band decided to record KOHD?

I think I read in Slash's book that he did, and if I can recall, Bob said something like "That's cool, when do I get my money?". I think.

Did Slash personally go to Bob when the band decided to record KOHD?

I think I read in Slash's book that he did, and if I can recall, Bob said something like "That's cool, when do I get my money?". I think.

No, I think Axl told it during one of the Asian shows. I maybe wrong though.