18th october manchester dissusion

stebarker

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knockin On Heavens Door (clip) - 1080p

Mainly a clip of the "panties" joke but I think you can also get a feel for the vibe of KOHD.

Didnt film the whole thing cause memory was low.

awesome :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

it's always great to see this kind of interaction with the band :thumbsup:

Edited by Cpi

Awesome! I walked past those barred gates looking for my buddies. What time did the band leave?

The band was being shuttled out of the MEN by a single taxi from about 3am, then Axl came out and met us (5 EXTREMELY LUCKY people) at about 3.40'ish.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Didn't see it.

Also missed the fight in Birmingham. The bye bye asshole one

I got a smack in London (he apologised though) and got felt up by some foreign guy :scared:

:(

Didn't see it.

Also missed the fight in Birmingham. The bye bye asshole one

I got a smack in London (he apologised though) and got felt up by some foreign guy :scared:

:(

Eh I was moving about :lol: what did you see? Might have been me!

Hmmm where u first couple of rows on DJ's side?

Ah I elbowed some mid-30's woman in the face, thought I might have chinned you! :rofl-lol:

Ah no I'm 23 :lol:

I got a full on whack in the face not an elbow :lol:

As long as you apologise it's ok anyway. I scrawled,hit and stood on loads of people during my excitedness. People were laughing and looking at me apparently. One night this kid was copying me it was so cute!!!!!

I was at the Manchester gig.....yeah they were late, but it didn't bother me, coz i new they would be late anyway.

The curfew is 11pm ( I hate curefews there dumb) for the Arena and they never came on till about 10:30pm so i kinda thought oh shit they will probably only be able to play a few songs but no.....they played a 3hour set! they never went of stage till nealry 1:30am....and the concert was AMAZING! they got a good reception to and Axl was in a really good mood he was laughing and smiling through the whole gig.

In my opinion they were definelty worth the wait! I would go see them again in a heartbeat! i'm now broke though but it was so worth it! Best night of my life!!!

Nicole.

Never been happier!

Edited by Drifter

Let the show begin!!... Sometime..... lol

Gutted there was no Scotland date on this tour. Was thinking about driving down for the Manchester gig but I figured that I probably wouldnt get back home in time for work given when these shows tend to finish haha

LA

Yeah i was hoping for a Scotland date to, but none where announced so i travelled down to the Manchester gig, and i'm so glad i got to see them!

Let the show begin!!... Sometime..... lol

Gutted there was no Scotland date on this tour. Was thinking about driving down for the Manchester gig but I figured that I probably wouldnt get back home in time for work given when these shows tend to finish haha

LA

Gutted about that aswell man, 06 was amazing

Ahhh Glasgow '06. Some gig :-)

LA

The best that ever was, never seen a crowd like it. Ron seemed pretty confused about why they couldn't make it to Scotland this time around...

A Glasgow crowd is always the best crowd! Wonder why they never came this time round though?

Edited by Drifter

the top part of the arena is tarpped off , not good ticket sales maybe.

where`s Duff , I want a portion of my $ back!!

I don't know where the fuck you get your facts, but nothing was 'tarped off'.

Two sections of the upper block (right at the back, top tier) were empty. Rest of the arena was near full when they came on.

Granted, many got annoyed at the wait and fucked off home.

I think a few went home because of transport, because if they had stayed for the gig then they probably wouldn't have been able to get home afterwards because trains and buses etc stop at like 12 or something.

I feel sorry for the poeple who left, coz they missed an epic show!

What I'm agry about is the fucking shit system they had at MEN. Have they ever organized a concert queue ever in their lives before? They'd no system at all. First off, we were like a few people there hours before anyone else, and they told us to stay at entrance and that door etc. But then they for some reason opened the doors at the two other entrances before, and the guy in our door had to have a big rant about 'no pushing', before even scanning our tickets (and he almost didn't get the scanner to work).

After that we'd to go to like four other queues to get wristbands, which were already long because lots of people were let in. Then everyone should walk down these super long staircases without falling. I freaked out as I saw people were at the front when I was still in the staircase, so I jumped out of the queue and ran to the front. They almost kicked me out for it (they were really strict about everything, many had to leave their hand bags outside etc..) I was so pissed off at them for that shitty system that I actually had a breakdown when I sat down at the barrier. Fucking MEN arena. I know one place I'll never attend a concert again. What's the point to queue from the early morning, when it's all random who they let in first.

And they complain about GN'R going on late? They can't even arrange how to open doors at a concert.

At least the show was amazing. One of the best shows I've seen with GN'R! Axl's voice was so tight at this show.. Better was one of the highlights to me, missed it in Birmingham. Funny thing was this big biker man pushing everypody in the crowd. Somehow he alone, managed to get through everyone all alone, and push everybody in the front really hard. He was like one meter higher than everybody else, and it was no way we'd let him forward. Some in the band saw it at laughed, he was crazy.

And it was awesome to meed Ron and DJ again after the show! I can't believe this was the last time I saw them. I want to see them in Spain so bad, especially when the first thing Ron said was "Are you coming to Barcelona as well??" God, wish I could say yes... :unsure:

Edited by Scaramouche

I know I have been very lucky this tour. I've met Axl twice and shared a beer with DJ after the Paris gig but I've waited 20 years for it. You are all young your time will come and fuck is it worth it! :wub: Suprisingly enough the waiting for the band to emerge goes so fast, if I had to queue in Tesco for the same amount of time to be served I'd bugger off! :lol:

Wow! Had not idea i attracted so much attention to you lot prior to the show.

Few corrections it was Fake Axl from Guns 2 Roses not UK Guns N Roses.

@yes i love you - Cheeky twat :rofl-lol: Fake Axl is not fat in real life he was very drunk on that night in real life though. ;)

@UKSUBS - Clean pants dude. ;)

Well just wanna say i was safe and sound no one through bottles at Fake Axl!!!

Was stood there with Fake Duff, Crazy Jason and Natalie which as some may sometimes plays the Fake Lady GaGa but not on this night.

We just got hammered on booze and had a great time and were letting people know were playing Manchester on the 30th of this month! :thumbsup:

Fake Dizzy was at the show in Birmingham the night before and regrets he couldn't make it to the MEN. :thumbsup:

Anyways here's a link to my incomplete collection of backstage pics from Manchester, Birmingham and the GNR / G2R jam in Oxford.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=288988&id=509291514

l_d464e04f94b04379ae4d2acbd14b2630.jpg

Oxford

l_b0d6bdf5761b43928ded358f0374728e.jpg

Birmingham

l_67c04661c9644f69982da2ec9aa4d2d2.jpg

Manchester

Fake Dizzy is on the right (Birmingham)

36184_486644151514_509291514_6917342_1316235_n.jpg

Oh and just to totally take the piss and since she was mentioned.... Fake Axl AND Fake Lady GaGa from the Daily Star photoshoot last August.... hahahaha :rofl-lol:

Coincidence you mentioned a Fake Lady Gaga as my girlfriend Natalie is actually her double for some of the real GaGa's London apearences.

l_5fae0d50852a478992be5d3b94b3a35d.jpg

Edited by G2R_AXL

Awesome! I walked past those barred gates looking for my buddies. What time did the band leave?

They were being taken away in a people carrier. Axl came out just after 3.30ish. There was a car waiting for him.

It was strange seeing his jackets and hat box being wheeled past us into a vehicle.

Just read your story Axlsend. That's seriously cool, however, i also hate reading all these stories as it makes me jealous and think "why didn't I wait" Rarrrr!!!!

Seriously cool story :)

Hiya how are you?

It would have been cool to hang out with you.

I waited because it was the last UK show and you never know when they will be back again. Not as warm as waiting in Paris but the time went quick. :lol:

Stupid Q probably but do you all think theyvwill tour Europe /UK again in another four years?

I'm depressed already and need to see them again

some pissed up american was pushing about swinging his arms about so i started goin mad at him then he started on some irish guy who grabbed him by the throat and pushed him through the crowd haha

one of the highlights along with the fat stripper lol

anyone see it then

i did! funny as fuck lol, they let him back him!

the top part of the arena is tarpped off , not good ticket sales maybe.

where`s Duff , I want a portion of my $ back!!

I don't know where the fuck you get your facts, but nothing was 'tarped off'.

Two sections of the upper block (right at the back, top tier) were empty. Rest of the arena was near full when they came on.

Granted, many got annoyed at the wait and fucked off home.

I think a few went home because of transport, because if they had stayed for the gig then they probably wouldn't have been able to get home afterwards because trains and buses etc stop at like 12 or something.

I feel sorry for the poeple who left, coz they missed an epic show!

Very few people left before the gig started if any. People only started to leave around midnight due to transport and work which is understandable. This crowd did not get pissed off by the wait even though it was the latest start of the UK tour.