18th october manchester dissusion

stebarker

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The setlist looks so much shorter when you mix the solos with their respective songs...

I know that however if the other way then people say the setlist is not correct they only played x ammount not 20+

I am not sure which way we would rather have it

The setlist looks so much shorter when you mix the solos with their respective songs...

I know that however if the other way then people say the setlist is not correct they only played x ammount not 20+

I am not sure which way we would rather have it

-Intro

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome to the Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Shackler's Revenge

-Fortus Solo

7. Live and Let Die

-Jam

8. This I Love

9. Better

10. Rocket Queen

-Dizzy Solo

11. Street Of Dreams

12. You Could Be Mine

-DJ Solo

13. Sweet Child O' Mine

-ABITW Jam/Axl Solo

14. November Rain

-Ron Solo

15. I.R.S.

16. Knockin' on Heaven's Door

17. Nightrain

ENCORE:

-Ron Improv Solo

18. Don't Cry (Jen Thal and Frank on tambourine)

-Jam

19. Madagascar

20. Whole Lotta Rosie

-Jam

21. Paradise City

amazing gig last night. im not sure how people say they were "2 hours" late though (1 at a push). Sebastian bach didn't finish till after 8.30.

They came on stage just after 10:30, which is when i expected them too haha. It's a guns n roses gig you know whats gonna happen when you buy your ticket and accept all that goes with that :P

Beisdes, totally worth the wait, they were on fire last night!

Got to bed at 3, up now for work, then doing it all again tonight with Alter Bridge at the Academy!

Got shit loads of pictures + vids, will try and upload somwhere public.

The greatest show on earth.

Phenomenal show, and the best concert I've ever been to.

Aerosmith a not so close second.

What a night.

Should have some rather nice video for you guys later, not got that much though, couple of full tracks and then some snippets, but strong quality.

I think Richard is going to explode on stage some night. He is just :o

Isn't he the most underrated GnR guitarist ever ( after Izzy maybe ) ?

This guy needs a promotion, seriously.

As much as he's almost invisible in the live videos, he's really all over the place when you see him live and his playing is really tasty when you hear him jam...

Probably my favourite after Bumble.

the top part of the arena is tarpped off , not good ticket sales maybe.

where`s Duff , I want a portion of my $ back!!

I don't know where the fuck you get your facts, but nothing was 'tarped off'.

Two sections of the upper block (right at the back, top tier) were empty. Rest of the arena was near full when they came on.

Granted, many got annoyed at the wait and fucked off home.

As much as he's almost invisible in the live videos, he's really all over the place when you see him live and his playing is really tasty when you hear him jam...

Totally agree, Fortus was awesome and some of his fills were the best sounding of the night (NR etc.)

Side note: Youtube taking ages with my 1080p videos, I'll have you some videos sometime in 2024 at this rate..

Edited by Azazel

Quality gig, way better than when i saw them in 2006. Was funny when someone threw some pants on the stage. Axl picked them up and hung them on a mic stand, later on DJ had them on his hat for a while and Axl told him to stop messing with his granny panties lol.

Was twitching when someone threw a coin on the stage near Axl but he just picked it up and said 'Im a rich man'

Everyone played well, Axl sounded great and all boo's for the late arrival were silenced as soon as they came on. Overall just an excellent night!

The show was fantastic. I had the best time.

Seb Bach's set wasn't bad. He was very into it; swinging his microphone over his head.

I was worried at first because the band hadn't hit the stage and it was almost 10:30pm and the crowd were getting restless but when the lights finally went down everybody seemed to forget about it.

During one of the earlier songs somebody threw something on stage, it turned to be a pair of underpants so Axl put them on Tommy's mic stand only for Tommy to put them on DJ's later on. A roadie put the pants on DJ's hat which was very funny.

The crowd were very lively. A woman beside me got knocked over because a couple of guys were doing a 'circle?' a row or two behind me.

I heard a couple of people singing along to the Democracy songs so that was a positive.

DJ was interacting with our side a lot; making faces and throwing plecs and cigarettes.

Axl was smiling a lot (during KOHD especially).

Bumble's smile could have lit up the arena. I tried to get his attention but he was busy pulling on his beard.

Does anybody know what song Dizzy was playing before Street of Dreams? I thought it was a Dire Straits song but I'm probably wrong.

Tommy took part in a November Rain sing-a-long.

Richard seemed to ooze confidence. He mouthed "Watch this before he started shredding."

Pitman would have been invisible if he wasn't wearing sunglasses. DJ shared his spot and sang with him.

Frank was excellent too. There were a lot of custom fills in several songs.

I saw Beta at the side of the stage and I thought I saw Vanessa at the back of the stage too.

The crowd were louder than Axl during Sweet Child.

I caught some confetti and became tangled in the silver strips.

I couldn't find that t-shirt some members have been raving about. The one with all the band members on it but oh well.

Probably the best gig I have been too.

I had the best time.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

Good show overall.

I was pleased to see Shacklers, as it's my favourite NuGuns song and it sounded great live.

The show wasn't very atmospheric though. It was my first Guns show and I was expecting the atmosphere to be electric, but it just wasn't. I feel sorry for the people who said that it was the best concert they've ever been to. They either haven't been to many concerts or they're kidding themselves.

WTTJ and Nightrain were probably the most atmospheric songs of the night. The crowd didn't respond much to the CD songs, which is a shame. Sorry and This I Love were great performances and IRS rocked the house! But the majority of the crowd sat down and seemed uninterested in the newer songs.

Ron's guitar spot was amazing. Holy fuck that man can shred! I was watching his finger work on the big screen and he was just all over the neck as if he was possessed.

Richard is a great guitarist, but he needs to sort out that horrid mess of a solo he does in November Rain. DJ and Ron deliver every time, but Richard's just off doing his own thing and it ruins the whole feel of the song.

DJ had a lot of charisma and he delivered on most fronts. My wife saw him in the afternoon on the way into the venue. He was staring at us, speaking to another guy (who looked like Richard). I think he was wondering if we were fans. My wife wasn't really aware of who he was, it was only later on when she him in the concert that she realised it was DJ.

Edited by Towelie

Quality gig, way better than when i saw them in 2006. Was funny when someone threw some pants on the stage. Axl picked them up and hung them on a mic stand, later on DJ had them on his hat for a while and Axl told him to stop messing with his granny panties lol.

Got a 1080p vid of that moment later :)

Here's the first of my videos..

Chinese Democracy - 1080p

Edited by Azazel

agreed!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Yeah totally agree.

He just gives it everything. It's not till you see him live that you notice him. He has won me over. He's a joy to watch. You can tell he's really enjoying himself.

Love Ron too. He comes across as this quirky bur amazingly cool guy on stage. When he smiles you can't help but smile with him. Most impirantly he can play some serious guitar. Watching him live is amazing.

Ashba needs to be applauded for his presence alone. He goes to serious lengths to make everyone feel involved and get the crowd participating. I love the guy. Was cool in Madagascar when he played drums with Frank. Who by the way is a great drummer! Drumming for Brownstone is just one of my favourites.

Tommys backing vocals are really good and fit in so well. I'm not a musician but why don't bass players get solos? I

really wish he'd do one.

My comments go off the point sorry. I just remember as I go along and I'm on my phone so it's akward.

anyone see that irish guy near enough twat that yank was funny as fuck

Oh no what did the Irish do this time? :no: Always embarrassing me :cry:

General comments:

1. Someone threw a sign at Bach: "Dude, Baz what

shampoo do you use?" everyone laughed as baz said a combination of sweat and shit he'd been smoking from years ago.

2. The booing got intense from about 10pm onwards. I was getting really scared that it would all go horribly wrong :scared: prior to this we did some awesome Mexican waves!

3. There was a screen where people could text in and leave messages for everyonevin the arena. A few where:

son: I need a slash

Dad: he's not here tonight son

4. The look on peoples faces when that weird song.. It's like bedebop dang dang or something :confused: came on when the lights went out :lol:

Got a 1080p vid of that moment later :)Here's the first of my videos..

Chinese Democracy - 1080p

Please post the clip of that Granny panties joke! Thank you!

4. The look on peoples faces when that weird song.. It's like bedebop dang dang or something :confused: came on when the lights went out :lol:

It was Blue Moon, the anthem for Man City.

Pretty good choice actually. Where I was City fans loved it and everyone else got a good laugh out of daft American's attempting to understand football.

Anyway, it's a shame a sizeable chunk of people were unable to stay to the end, because they missed out on an incredible show.