Do you believe a GNR (afd lineup) reunion imminent?

inthisriver

Is a GNR (afd lineup) reunion imminent?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes.

It is happening next year. That is why there has been no US tour yet. The US is getting the original band.

You can take that to that bank.

LOL, speaking of bank, wanna place a bet that a reunion wont happen next year, the year after or 50 years from now?

ill start off with $100.00 for this year but you name the price, after all I wont be the one counting my losses.

Edited by gunns5

Theres a bigger chance for a original reunion more then Buckethead ever rejoining.

Axl could just buy Bucket a friend for herbie, take him to disney land twice and buy him some michael jackson boxsets and merch and all would be forgiven.

Besides, at least Bucket KNOWS how to play the old AND new songs seamlessly.

Edited by gunns5

No.

I've been lucky enough to see the original and todays line up.

If the old band regrouped it just wouldn't be the same. They are all older and their musical styles are different. The past is the past and I have to say that the band today really rock. I am just grateful that I can still see Axl and hear my all time favourite songs live.

Long live GnR!

Nope. And I hope all this bullshit doesn't prevent Duff or Izzy making special appearances again, 'cause that'd be a damn shame. Seeing Duff was an awesome surprise, but it was also clear that they've all moved on.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

can't imagine GN'R without Ashba, Ron, Fortus... :no:

Wait, what?

They could be replaced an no one would notice except the forums.

Very true.

• 1 month later...

It would certainly be my dream come true.

And while I appreciate the "new" members and respect their talents, I came to see Axl perform when I went to see GNR live.

The songs people come to the gigs for are, sorry to say, the old ones. And although Axl does have part in those songs, he wouldn't have been able to be a part of those songs without the old members helping create them.

Now I know there are people here who cheer for Axl for any fart he lets, and I do respect that, because that's what die hard fans are for! But surely these fans can also see that if GNR were only to perform songs from Chinese Democracy, and leave out all the old tunes, then on a commercial level the tour would fail horribly.

The percentage of people (out in the world, not just in this forum) want the old band back. They go to shows because they want the old songs. And while there's a minimal of die hard fans that want this band to stay together, there's a whole lot more who disagree, and don't even bother now because they don't feel it's right that 4 very important characters are not in the picture currently.

=

thats spot on. I seen them last night and everytime a chinese democracy song got played the whole crowd just stood there not barely moving to the tune just waiting for it to finish so that we could get into one of there golden oldies that would basically get the crowd going crazy.

you should check the post I left on the last page of the it will be a cold day in hell before there is a reunion. its quite large but I think it might speak to you.

No.

I've been lucky enough to see the original and todays line up.

If the old band regrouped it just wouldn't be the same. They are all older and their musical styles are different. The past is the past and I have to say that the band today really rock. I am just grateful that I can still see Axl and hear my all time favourite songs live.

Long live GnR!

the new band arnt exactly young either. and all the othe original band members except maybe adler have been working in the music business since the split, (in more succsesful outfits than the new members probably came from anyway) so really there shouldnt be any reason they couldnt re-learn the songs they actually helped write the music for,