I really hope Guns don't announce a full scale US tour next year.

Towelie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hoping that 2010 marks the end of the Chinese Democracy era? They've been touring for over a year now and the Chinese Democracy tour has been ongoing since 2001.

Hopefully 2011 will be a year of productive songwriting. I'll happily wait until 2012 for a new record if they want to take time getting things just right. As long as they move on and stop flogging the dead horse that is Chinese Democracy.

The current line-up need to establish themselves with a new record and prove that they have more to offer than just covering AFD classics and songs written by Buckethead and Robin Finck.

I'd be happy if 2011 marks the end of the New GNR era. Bring on the reunion.

I personally think they will do some sort of tour in the US next year and then take a break and head into the studio and maybe end of 2012/13 we will see a new album. I'd take that.

New Sixx Am album is out next year so I wonder if DJ will mini tour that album or whether they will just play at Crufest

I hope they don't tour the US also. They can tour the US first when the next album comes out.

I'd be curious to see the current band if they tour the U.S. but lets face it there is not that much demand anymore here in the U.S. for NuGnR...I think the band would have trouble selling tickets...Not sure a U.S. tour is in their best interest right now without new music that Axl is willing to promote.....................

No rock act has much demand in the US at the moment. Their into Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber.

Aside from the likely poor ticket sales, does anyone have any idea why Axl is not touring the US?

you're always so seething with angst and hatred, and fear, lots of fear.

i decided to ignore haters on fan sites.

The current line-up need to establish themselves with a new record and prove that they have more to offer than just covering AFD classics and songs written by Buckethead and Robin Finck.

No offence but people saying this really need to get over it. There will be no permanent line up. This isn't a band like Tool, Metallica or AC/DC anymore, that ended after Izzy left(or some say when Steven left). Ever since then it has become like NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Megadeth and Kiss, with session/hired musicians playing songs live that were recorded by another person. There is no Guns N' Roses II. The general public(not hardcore fans) don't care if Ashba is playing Robin's solo or that Ashba isn't on the new record. There was a chance for the 2002 lineup to have a permanent thing going but that is over now, the precedent has been set, people will come and go.

I've tried to explain this for years. nobody else complains about those bands.

But the only difference is that in those bands(Megadeth, Smashing Pumpkins, NIN etc) the main songwriters are still there. Dave Mustaine from Megadeth was always the chief songwriter and bandleader from day one, same as Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins. NIN started off as Trent Reznor doing everything himself(guitars, vocals, drum machines, syth), only after he made it big did he recruit other guitarists etc. This is where is differs with Guns N' Roses, as it started off as a real rock band, in which everyone had an input. I don't really care about Axl using the Guns N' Roses name but using the 3 aforementioned bands as a reason for it doesn't make sense.

Anyone else hoping that 2010 marks the end of the Chinese Democracy era? They've been touring for over a year now and the Chinese Democracy tour has been ongoing since 2001.

Hopefully 2011 will be a year of productive songwriting. I'll happily wait until 2012 for a new record if they want to take time getting things just right. As long as they move on and stop flogging the dead horse that is Chinese Democracy.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that you'll stop starting threads. For them to stop touring especially after the Duff buzz and how awesome they sound would be retarded. Plus I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of American fans feeling left out and hurt. Think about shit before you make it a topic. You could pm me and I could have answered this.

Edited by iftheworld

The only thing I'm hoping for is that you'll stop starting threads. For them to stop touring especially after the Duff buzz and how awesome they sound would be retarded. Plus I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of American fans feeling left out and hurt. Think about shit before you make it a topic. You could pm me and I could have answered this.

New music is always better than a tour. There's nothing retarded about the suggestion at all. The band could issue a statement saying they intend to make a new record because the band are in the best form and feel it's right to capitalise on the moment, and promise to tour the US as soon as they can. I'd much rather have Axl's voice in peak form on a new record than a memory in my head (and in wank quality on youtube).

I've been to countless gigs but the CDs are what I go back to. Well apart from Radiohead's Glastonbury 2003 set, which has ruined the album version of Fake plastic trees, but that's a single exception.

You would prefer a tour, me and the dude above would prefer a new album. There's nothing wrong with either it's just a preference. I'm old enough to prefer the "long game" of the album than the the quick win of a gig, maybe. Have a shag tomorrow over a wank today etc...

LP

But it would be. Think about it. Let's tour Europe and fuck America. Hmm......

I'm sure that would make everyone want a new album.

I have thought about it. Logistically it would have made more sense to tour the US after the Canada dates.

But I think they chose not to tour the US because there wasn't the demand for tickets after the disappointing 2006 sales.

With a new album and the buzz that it would create they could potentially do a little better and make a US tour more feasible.

But putting that aside, as a fan a new album would be FAR better in my opinon.

Like I said they can explain why there's a delay to the US tour and promise they'll be there soon. They could blame Azoff etc... I doubt people would think that was a big "fuck off" to the US fans if there are legitimate reasons, and a positive one with work on a new album imminent.

This place would go bananas for a start.