I really hope Guns don't announce a full scale US tour next year.

Towelie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on some points. It was smart of Axl to tour around the world. Also, I think he should kind of boycott the USA. I view the 2002 and 2006 tours as the US Chinese Democracy tours. It was also kind of smart that he toured the States before the album came out. This current tour has still been great though. GNR have been to more places in a week, than I will probably ever go to in my life. As far as the US, it would be cool to see them here again, but I think it has been too long now. I would still like to hear some of the new songs live, but I don't know how the general public would react.

It would be great if they could do a new album with this lineup. I think it would be a complete surprise and nobody would know what to expect. I hope they start writing some songs on tour while they are all together. I also imagine Axl still has a few songs lying around that the guys could add parts to. Ashba could probably write an album in a few weeks! :xmasssanta:

crazy. a few weeks around the US is hardly going to delay any big album plans. we all know how long it takes to persuade axl to release an album, a few weeks isn't going to change it.

i hope all fans have the opportunity to see a show, even if they have to drive/fly/train a few hours out of their town

The current line-up need to establish themselves with a new record and prove that they have more to offer than just covering AFD classics and songs written by Buckethead and Robin Finck.

No offence but people saying this really need to get over it. There will be no permanent line up. This isn't a band like Tool, Metallica or AC/DC anymore, that ended after Izzy left(or some say when Steven left). Ever since then it has become like NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Megadeth and Kiss, with session/hired musicians playing songs live that were recorded by another person. There is no Guns N' Roses II. The general public(not hardcore fans) don't care if Ashba is playing Robin's solo or that Ashba isn't on the new record. There was a chance for the 2002 lineup to have a permanent thing going but that is over now, the precedent has been set, people will come and go.

The current line-up need to establish themselves with a new record and prove that they have more to offer than just covering AFD classics and songs written by Buckethead and Robin Finck.

No offence but people saying this really need to get over it. There will be no permanent line up. This isn't a band like Tool, Metallica or AC/DC anymore, that ended after Izzy left(or some say when Steven left). Ever since then it has become like NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Megadeth and Kiss, with session/hired musicians playing songs live that were recorded by another person. There is no Guns N' Roses II. The general public(not hardcore fans) don't care if Ashba is playing Robin's solo or that Ashba isn't on the new record. There was a chance for the 2002 lineup to have a permanent thing going but that is over now, the precedent has been set, people will come and go.

What he was saying is that the current lineup has a sort of chemistry that the 2002 and especially the 2006 lineup did not have and, thus, are more likely to record something good than if DJ left and was suddenly replaced with somebody like Ryan Roxie for instance...

slash has more chance of coming up with a decent solo that is somewhat reminiscent of his work in guns then Axl ever reuniting with him for anything (and trust me, thats very very, VERY bad odds lol).

fuck a reunion, i wanna see more tours, more material from cd era + new material, some music videos for the lulz and some of those cocaine mermaids Axl was talking about , yum

Edited by gunns5

slash has more chance of coming up with a decent solo that is somewhat reminiscent of his work in guns then Axl ever reuniting with him for anything (and trust me, thats very very, VERY bad odds lol).

fuck a reunion, i wanna see more tours, more material from cd era + new material, some music videos for the lulz and some of those cocaine mermaids Axl was talking about , yum

Cocaine Mermaids?

agreed! i would love to hear all the CD era shit, videos and a brand new album thats promoted., we can always hope.

these last couple years have been pretty productive when you think about it.

although i do think the US fans do deserve something

Cocaine Mermaids?

lol i thought axl mentioned something about drugs and mermaids in his chat, my memory might be fuzzy though...

usa do deserve a tour, but until then GNR ARE COMING DOWN UNDER WOOOOOOOOOOOFUCKINHOOOOOOOOOOO

What he was saying is that the current lineup has a sort of chemistry that the 2002 and especially the 2006 lineup did not have and, thus, are more likely to record something good than if DJ left and was suddenly replaced with somebody like Ryan Roxie for instance...

Sorry but he clearly said "the current line up need to establish themselves". I hear it all the time these days, people thinking that because the band is touring, that the current "band" needs to put out a CD made up completely of their input with no previously made songs. Guns N' Roses haven't been a traditional band since 1993(at most). Average Joe Blow doesn't care if the new Guns N' Roses disk is comprised of current members of the band. There are people under the impression that this incarnation will be a permanent line up, aka Guns N' Roses part III(2002 version was part II) when it is simply who is available in the band right now. Apparently Tobias still helps out in the studio, Axl is still open for Buckethead's involvement, Fortus is more of a touring musician than an actual studio member and Brain is still involved with Guns. The live version of Guns N' Roses is just that, almost like NIN. Its not like Aerosmith or Tool. They don't all go to Axl's house and jam out ideas then all go into the studio and record.

The 2002 line up had a chance to present themselves as the "new" Guns N' Roses because it was still new and anticipated. This was before the main songwriters(other then Axl) left. Now its just Axl and whoever is in the band, its a revolving door, like Megadeth or Smashing Pumpkins. I hate to say it but the only way they could really "establish" themselves is if they went on with an original band name, and not Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses was/is an established name. They had soo much success in the past that they would have to top that in order to re-establish themselves which quite frankly, won't happen. And i don't even care about Axl using the Guns N' Roses name, but that is how the general public would see it.

I hope they don't tour the US also. They can tour the US first when the next album comes out.

I'd be curious to see the current band if they tour the U.S. but lets face it there is not that much demand anymore here in the U.S. for NuGnR...I think the band would have trouble selling tickets...Not sure a U.S. tour is in their best interest right now without new music that Axl is willing to promote.....................

No rock act has much demand in the US at the moment. Their into Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber.

Aside from the likely poor ticket sales, does anyone have any idea why Axl is not touring the US?

you're always so seething with angst and hatred, and fear, lots of fear.

The average fan has no idea that this incarnation isn't the one that has been around since the original band broke up except for Buckethead.

i decided to ignore haters on fan sites.

I've tried to explain this for years. nobody else complains about those bands.

Aside from the likely poor ticket sales, does anyone have any idea why Axl is not touring the US?

At least I'm truthful - you are delusional if you think Axl's going to sell lots of tickets in an arena tour in the US. I'm simply wondering if he's afraid to play to half full venues stateside. South Americans and Europeaners eat up anything American, despite their proclamations of hatred for the United States, so its very easy to spend over a year in Europe completely afraid to tour the US...AXL's the one who has lots of fear, but then again, that's ok because he can do no wrong, correct?

Edited by GeorgeGlass

The point i was trying to make is that as far as the general public is concerned these are the guys who made Chinese Democracy. In a way that's good, it give legitimacy to the current lineup. They need to release more material (the standard by which any group is judged) and fire out one cheesy hit that is a nod to appetite sorta like saints of los angeles. then the rest of the next record and tour in the U.S. would be much more successful. JMO. Thats the model in the states and has been for several decades.

At least I'm truthful - you are delusional if you think Axl's going to sell lots of tickets in an arena tour in the US. I'm simply wondering if he's afraid to play to half full venues stateside. South Americans and Europeaners eat up anything American, despite their proclamations of hatred for the United States, so its very easy to spend over a year in Europe completely afraid to tour the US...AXL's the one who has lots of fear, but then again, that's ok because he can do no wrong, correct?

No one's doing well in the U.S. at the moment.

They would do just fine on a limited tour of 10-15 cities. They'll sell out New York, Boston, Chicago, would do well in Dallas, Phoenix, Los Angles, Philadelphia, etc. What we need to avoid are the Boise, Idaho type of shows where it's just not profitable.