Guns N' Roses' best and worst songs

Encore

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Best: Sweet Child O' Mine

Worst: My World. If we count Axls new band, they've done several songs that are even worse than My World. TWAT, Shackler's or Oh My God share this one, as they are equally shitty.

I forgot to mention Silkworms by Axls new band. It is almost as shitty as TWAT, Shackler's Revenge and Oh My God. But not quite as shitty.

Best: Sweet Child O' Mine

Worst: My World. If we count Axls new band, they've done several songs that are even worse than My World. TWAT, Shackler's or Oh My God share this one, as they are equally shitty.

I forgot to mention Silkworms by Axls new band. It is almost as shitty as TWAT, Shackler's Revenge and Oh My God. But not quite as shitty.

Shackler's and OMG I can understand (although I don't agree with you), but how in the helll can you consider TWAT to be a shitty song? Don't you even like the second half of it? Eller säger du bara så för att retas med de troende här?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No, I think it's a really shitty song. I've never liked it. I cringe when people here are saying that it's the new bands Estranged or November Rain. If anything, that shows how far behind the new band is towards the real band.

altogether best: november rain

altogether worst: rhiad and the bedouins

afd best: scom

afd worst: michelle, crazy, think about you

lies best: million

lies worst: nice boys

uyi1 best: rain

uyi1 worst: bad obsession, apples, horse

uyi2 best: war, estranged, ycbm, cry

uyi2 worst: blues, so fine (my world is not a song)

spaghetti best: farm, sidhy

spaghetti worst: power, new rose, human being, memory, laygg

cd best: better

cd worst: rhiad

Edited by the rush

What is so bad about Rhiad? I mean, of course the lyrics are dumb, but really a lot of GNR songs have stupid and/or cheesy lyrics.

Is

"I got one chance left

In a nine live cat

I got a dog eat dog sly smile

I got a Molotov cocktail

With a match to go

I smoke my cigarette with style"

really that much better than

"Oh sweet salvation

Like all my frustrations

Caught up in lies

No one had wove as well

Somewhere in time

where only I could tell"?

What is so bad about Rhiad? I mean, of course the lyrics are dumb, but really a lot of GNR songs have stupid and/or cheesy lyrics.

Is

"I got one chance left

In a nine live cat

I got a dog eat dog sly smile

I got a Molotov cocktail

With a match to go

I smoke my cigarette with style"

really that much better than

"Oh sweet salvation

Like all my frustrations

Caught up in lies

No one had wove as well

Somewhere in time

where only I could tell"?

I ignore lyrics. They are not important to me. If they were, I would not listen to GN'R because only a few songs have reasonably remarkable lyrics. The current lyrics go well with gnr music though. It helps that English is not my mother tongue because if it were, many gnr songs would become unlistenable

I'm a melody/harmony man

Edited by the rush

And then there’s the behaviours.

Friends who see themselves as rock music connoisseurs (but actually don’t know that much about GnR) will tell you Coma.

Then there’s the real GnR connoisseurs who’ll say Dust n Bones, because they know it represents something very ethereal right at the heart of the band. The band I mean.

Time’s short, your life’s your own. Izzy knew it way back when.

Best - Estranged

Worst - Knockin On Heavens Door (with the reggae jam)

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion

But YOU SIR ARE WRONG!

Knocking on heavens door with the reggae jam is AWWWEEESOME

You opinion is wrong this time I tell ya WRONG

I know!

You dont get a little Giddy when you hear Axl screach 'Gimme some Reggae'

I like if the world. I dont see people problems. Shit solo...but again, its more Axl than anything else which makes it one of the best CD songs imo.

Edit: Just listened to If the world again...Yeah...I was thinking of something else. It's shit.

Edited by Loaded-Velvet-Rose

A lot of these worst picks are perplexing but I guess that is the beauty of opinion, no one is right and no one is wrong.

OG Guns:

Best - It's So Easy, Locomotive, Breakdown (too hard to chose)

Worst - My World

New Guns:

Best - Better

Worst - Silkworms, Rihad

Personally I don't think covers should be included.

I smoke my cigarette with style

This is possible the best line ever written in a song.

AGREED!

Can't say what's best and what's worst.

Favourites:'' Estranged'', ''Coma'', ''Nightrain'', ''November Rain'', ''Ain't Goin' Down'' and ''Shadow Of Your Love''

Not so good songs: ''Dust N' Bones'', ''Think About You'', ''Shackler's Revenge''

I think ''My World'' isn't song at all.

BEST SONG: Estranged or It's So Easy. This based off the fact that i have listen to these songs more than any other songs

WORST SONG: Back Off Bitch. After listening to the UYI albums thousands of times i always skipped this song

Honorable mention for best song: Coma, Dead Horse

Honorable mention for worst song: Get In The Ring

Edited by Butters

Can't tell you best, can tell you favorite.

Paradise City, Coma

least:

My World, Silkworms

Are you judging Silkworms from the 2 well known live versions or is there a studio leaked version floating around?

Old GN'R Favorites: The big 3 (November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry) plus Nightrain, SCOM, Mr Brownstone, and Rocket Queen

New GN'R favs...I love the whole CD album accept Shecklar's Revenge (what the hell is that shit)

Old GN'R disappointments:OH MY GOD!!!!....big yuckmania, also not to fond of My World, and Nice Boys.

Edited by Getizzyback