New song from Tommy feat. Fortus & Dizzy

xfreekx

When classifying this, you could technically put the artist as Guns N Roses, right? It was written and performed entirely by members of the band...

no, it says at the end of the vid that its tommy stinson with special guests richard fortus and dizzy reed. so i'd put it under tommy stinson. or, i already did put it under tommy stinson...

When classifying this, you could technically put the artist as Guns N Roses, right? It was written and performed entirely by members of the band...

no, it says at the end of the vid that its tommy stinson with special guests richard fortus and dizzy reed. so i'd put it under tommy stinson. or, i already did put it under tommy stinson...

Well, it's like Bother's technically just Corey Taylor, most people still think of it as Stone Sour. This has more members of GNR on it than Bother did members of SS... I'd consider it GNR.

Well, it's like Bother's technically just Corey Taylor, most people still think of it as Stone Sour. This has more members of GNR on it than Bother did members of SS... I'd consider it GNR.

I would consider Velvet Revolver's efforts more GnR than this, and i love the new band. Sorry but without Axl this is just Tommy, Dizzy and Fortus. My opinion anyway.

for some reason I expected it to be a bit shit, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Good little song, VERY bob dylan but there's nowt wrong with that, especially as Tommy can sing.

There's no need to compare to GNR as it's not supposed to sound like GNR. But it's refreshing to hear something a little more relaxed from the guys. Hopefully Axl can appreciate this simpler side of music for a few tracks on the next album.

Anyone have any idea of the best song from his solo album ? Wouldn't mind a quick listen see if I'd like his album!

Cheers

LP

"One Man Mutiny" was inspired by a conversation between our tour manager Del James, Richard Fortus, and myself somewhere in Ireland ...
Stinson to quit Guns N' Roses?

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose.

Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.

for some reason I expected it to be a bit shit, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Good little song, VERY bob dylan but there's nowt wrong with that, especially as Tommy can sing.

There's no need to compare to GNR as it's not supposed to sound like GNR. But it's refreshing to hear something a little more relaxed from the guys. Hopefully Axl can appreciate this simpler side of music for a few tracks on the next album.

Anyone have any idea of the best song from his solo album ? Wouldn't mind a quick listen see if I'd like his album!

Cheers

LP

All of Tommy's stuff is great.

Bash and Pop was his first post-replacements band... Very Faces/Stones vibe.

Perfect was after that and more punk/power pop-ish.

Village Gorilla Head is his first solo album and it's all over the place musically. Listen to 'Someday' and 'Motivation' and you'll get a good idea about the rest of the album.

"One Man Mutiny" was inspired by a conversation between our tour manager Del James, Richard Fortus, and myself somewhere in Ireland ...
Stinson to quit Guns N' Roses?

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose.

Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.

I thought it might be about Axl. Sounds like Tommy was pissed off and considered starting a mutiny on the pirate ship. Luckily Captain Axl pulled things together after the Ireland debacle and put the Shackler back in his cage.

Edited by ITW 2012