Axl vs. Kurt Cobain

Vincent Vega

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, Axl is still alive. no matter how much you doubt his mental stability, he hasn't blown his head off

What does this have to do with anything?

Nothing.

I hate the "He's dead, so the other guy wins" or "Rap is better than Led Zeppelin cause it's newer" argument.

I've gained more respect as time's gone on for Nirvana than I once had. While I still rank them lower than Guns of course, I do LOVE In Utero and the scant 1994 songs we have. Kurt was going in a really beautiful direction and I wish he'd stuck around to show us it. They went from being a band I absolutely hated--and while I do still feel Kurt was in many ways a pompous, arrogant hipster asshole and that Grunge unwittingly killed Rock--to being in my top 10 or top 20.

Edited by Indigo Child

also, Axl is still alive. no matter how much you doubt his mental stability, he hasn't blown his head off

What does this have to do with anything?

Axl vs. Kurt Cobain

One of them is still alive, the other shot himself in the face

excuse me for not ignoring that, when you consider the fact it's just kind of like "yeah that guy wins"

I do still feel Kurt was in many ways a pompous, arrogant hipster asshole

:laugh:

Axl vs. Kurt Cobain

excuse me for not ignoring that, when you consider the fact it's just kind of like "yeah that guy wins"

I don't see how that is relevant to the questions Miser asked in the polls.

Axl vs. Kurt Cobain

I don't see how that is relevant to the questions Miser asked in the polls.

oh calm down you woman, I don't see what the problem is... it was just a stupid comment poking fun, wasn't supposed to mean all that much. did I offend you or something? Is this a sensitive topic for you? jesus christ...

j6lulj.jpg

Kurt and Axl were both so young when they started their little feud.

If Kurt had hung around, I think he would have outgrown all that and started showing a certain level of respect for Axl and vice versa.

Speaking of vice versas, those chocolates were yum.

Axl already respected Kurt...He promoted Nirvana, wanted them to get into the spotlight, spoke highly of their material.

It was Kurt who started the feud by being a self righteous little ass, after trying to make his band appear to be the same kind of music as Guns N' Roses by releasing Smells like Teen Spirit as a single to get more attention. (He admitted to this--He felt it sounded enough like Guns that people would think Nirvana was just like Guns and listen to them).

Edited by Indigo Child

Kurt deliberately detunes his guitar. Then he sings with a monotone indifference that descends into atonal wailing. The solo is chaos. Yet somehow it's mesmerising and amazing. This is why Cobain was so great and what most people miss when they talk about Nirvana now. Something you can't explain but something we've not seen since. Amazing scenes.

LOL

Edited by bacardimayne

Kurt deliberately detunes his guitar. Then he sings with a monotone indifference that descends into atonal wailing. The solo is chaos. Yet somehow it's mesmerising and amazing. This is why Cobain was so great and what most people miss when they talk about Nirvana now. Something you can't explain but something we've not seen since. Amazing scenes.

LOL

Who wrote that?

And I'm not sure if you're supporting them here...or not....

If this is representative of their live performances, Robin Finck would fit in very well as a second guitarist....

Edited by Indigo Child

LOL

Who wrote that?

And I'm not sure if you're supporting them here...or not....

If this is representative of their live performances, Robin Finck would fit in very well as a second guitarist....

It's the highest rated comment on that video. Thought it was pretty funny.

Not really a Nirvana fan, but I like a good percentage of their songs considering how much they've released.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, whether you find it true or not doesn't make it any more relevant, now does it?

uh why wouldn't it? suicide is always relevant if you're talking about Kurt Cobain, that isn't my fault

maybe if he wasn't so outspoken and arrogant, I mean he thought he knew all the answers, he was so preachy, seems like he always wanted to be the wise man. well, wise men dont shoot heroin and kill themselves because of how un-hip it is to be mainstream. I think thats a major weakness worth mentioning in this debate

Well, whether you find it true or not doesn't make it any more relevant, now does it?

uh why wouldn't it? suicide is always relevant if you're talking about Kurt Cobain, that isn't my fault

maybe if he wasn't so outspoken and arrogant, I mean he thought he knew all the answers, he was so preachy, seems like he always wanted to be the wise man. well, wise men dont shoot heroin and kill themselves because of how un-hip it is to be mainstream. I think thats a major weakness worth mentioning in this debate

The question is who was the better vocalist and who was the better lyricist. Thus the only relevant things are a) their vocals and B) their lyrics. Lithium meant his suicide is not relevant to those questions. It is like saying I prefer Axls voice because of the shoes he wears.

Ok, that's the point:

Kurt is Kurt, just a simple man, no need money, well, for Kurt all is: FUCK THE GLAMOURS!!!!!! I WANNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!

I like Axl, i grow up listenning Guns and Nirvana, i have all CD'S. When Kurt die, is very sad, THE ROCK STOP!!!!!!!! Kurt lyrics is AMAZING, included depression and other stuffs.

Axl disappear for three years after the last song "Sympath For The Devil" for Interview With A Vampire Soundtrack with Slash and old members. Goodbye for old Guns N' Roses.

Axl return with the song "Oh My God" to End Of Days Soundtrack, OH YEAH! The songs is ROCKS!!!!!! i like it! Really!!!!!! I have the End Of Days Soundtrack, I aways like Korn, Prodigy, Limp Bizkit, well the industrial/Nu/New Metal bands!

Axl and New Guns coming for ROCK IN RIO 3! I Like the show! Axl fat is not a problem, because he's run, and jump. Well, his keeping ROCK! When I see this performance I very curious to listenning Chinese Democracy, because the new songs sound very good in this concert.

Well, I buy Chinese Democracy, I DON'T LIKE IT! For me the songs is very week, Buckthead is ONLY the new Guns i like, the rest i feel so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Utero the last Nirvana work, BRILLIANT ALBUM!!!!!! If Kurt not die, the others works bassically sound like this!

Ah yeah, Kurt Cobain is the best lyricist.

Edited by Green Scar