Beady Eye has released a free download (Link Inside)

ITW 2012

Guest Len B'stard

I didn't like Little James at all, but I'm Outta Time is pretty great. I wasn't trying to say that Liam couldn't write, just that he and the other guys wouldn't be able to keep it up over an entire album...and while they didn't really do that, they managed it better than I expected.

I'm not really that fond of any of those songs :lol: Hindu Times and Little By Little are pretty cool, and Stop Crying Your Heart out is alright, albeit very sappy.

have you heard the SCYHO demo with just Noel? Fucking sublime :) DBTT is even with HC and SOTSOG beats em both imo.

nah, but I have a bunch of oasis demos on my external hardrive that I haven't listened through...might be on there. will have to check.

and this live version i'm quite fond of too actually:

that beats the fuckin lot of em...wow :)

Edited by sugaraylen

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a first listen all the way through. It was surprisingly pedestrian which I think I found most disappointing about it. The lack of memorable melodies across the board was to be expected to be honest - too many songs ended and I realised I was just sort of waiting for them to finish and for the next one to come on and blow me away.

thanks for posting those vids len. good stuff. I prefer those versions to the album version...

also, I agree about the slower songs being the better on the beady eye record...didn't really think about it before but that's actually true. the only rocker that works is four letter word. and the kinks-ish b-side to four letter word (don't remember the name) is also among the best tracks they've done, and it's not a rocker. maybe liam should start doing bluegrass? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Also Liams huge hit songs have tended to be the gentler ones, whether thats got something to do with the commercial appeal of those is something else, his vocals rarely rage though if you think about it, he has a very mid range kinda voice thats suited to the wonderwalls and stop crying your heart outs and i'm outta times and little jameses etc

Edited by sugaraylen

Listened to the Zane show when it was on, they sound fucking monumental. So glad I got tickets for Isle of Wight AND the Albert Hall gigs, I'll be all over it!

Got the album delivered on Friday (ah, the perks of HMV pre orders!) and I'm loving it. The first 8 tracks are just brilliant, I can't get past them! Much in the same way as Dig Out Your Soul, I find those first tracks brilliant, but sadly it peters out in quality to the end. I still think the closing tracks are pretty decent, and for all my moaning over the years, like 'Oh, Oasis albums should've had more tracks on them!', I can't help but think this would've benefitted from being maybe just 10/11 tracks long. That said, fucking respect to 'em, they're having a go at it, can't say fairer than that.

I've been walking around listening to it and it's a great album, starts out with good energy, very breezy and goes very epic at the end. One of the tracks sounds like Falling Down, but I think it's the last one that goes really far out. There is rocker towards end I thought was weak but I like it more now. Even the little 60s ditties they do are convincing or authentic sounding. Yeah the last track I think sounds like Smashing Pumpkins on one of the vocals.

It's The Morning Son which is sort of Smashing Pumpkins, last three tracks epic.

Standing on the Edge of the Noise is the iffy rocker, but I think it's perfect for the album at that point.

Wind up Dream is like Falling Down.

I've had channel 4 abbey road taped for ages, just watching it the now. Great band, really changed my opinion on them. Kill For A Dream is sounding like a mellowed out (probably) all in the mind.

About thirty seconds into Four Letter Word it suddenly hit me how relieved I am Liam is still around.