Beady Eye has released a free download (Link Inside)

ITW 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like another solid album track. I hope Liam has got some proper singles on this album though. This band definitely seems to have a harder edge than Oasis. Makes me wish Slash had called Liam up to do a song with him on his solo album.

Edited by ITW 2012

hello there, i've been reading these boards for years (think its a great forum)

Anyway Beady Eye just released another free song called "Four Letter Word" & sounds great, really looking forward to album.

Amazing song.

Clearly a dig at noel.

I was telling someone about Andy Bell being a great guitar player, such a shame that they save his solo till the last dying seconds of the song. Could have been fucking huge.

Be interesting to see who wrote this, if it wasnt liam, then clearly Andy or Gem have issues with noel too.

Edited by liquidmetal

I hate that I like this track. Though it does sound a little flat and empty...like it is missing an Izzy type player to pad it out a little more.

Cannot stand Liam Gallgher.

Noel's stuff will turd all over this,

i like the song is a good one, it's below Oasis standards but it's good, it caught people by surprise but the more you listen to it the more you realize what's missing... Noel maybe?, but yeah i can't wait for Noel's retaliation... we just want new music right?, so is us to bennefit

having said that. Gem is a hell of a guitarrist

Edited by dario27

The title will give Journos some hints. Beady Eye Gear Up For Tour. I thought the title was a bit cheesy until I saw the cover. But it makes me think they'll be speeding in a 30 zone. We're going 32 see. That's 2 mph faster than 30.

That album cover is great. Great humour to it.

Liam is on the cover of NME. Looks great, nice jacket liam :rofl-lol:

http://www.nme.com/magazine

The first "proper" single will be released in January.

Bring the light was just a taster, If there are a handful of better songs than bring the light, the album will be very very good in my opinion.

All we need next is for liam to say the album is better than definitely maybe. :Drock3

He did didn't he, he said it was better than Definitely Maybe. I wonder if they'll do Rock n Roll Star live though.

Edited by wasted

• 2 weeks later...

'I think people will be fucking pleasantly surprised...'

LIAM GALLAGHER: It's 13 songs, all brand new, and I'm happy with it. It's really rocking in places and really psychedelic in places. Colourful... not black and white. It's just us giving it our best shot. And I think people will be fucking pleasantly surprised. It was produced by Steve Lillywhite. He's a top guy, man. I'd never heard of him. I didn't work with him 'cos of his records, though I like The La's one that he did. I just met him round our manager's house and he was the first person that said, "Right, can I come and work with you?" And he walked in the door and had more to say about the matter than I did. I thought, 'right - I like him.' A lot of energy. That's what we need in the studio; we don't need people coming in tutting and humming. We need fucking man 'uns like us, know what I mean?

There's a couple of great tunes on there. One called "Morning Sun" that closes the album. It's a bit Mind Games by Lennon. A lot of strings kind of stuff. "Bring The Light" didn't take me long to write. I just got on the guitar and booted it around the room a bit, and then took it to them lot. And it got the nod. It was recorded quick. We had this version that was a bit Stonesy and a bit sluggish. So we went home and pulled out a few Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent records and thought 'That's the way to go.' It's a bit Pistols and Velvets an' all. I like the fact there's hardly any guitars on it. You're not meant to be scratching your chin to it. You're meant to be jumping up and fucking down. It's got a little theme. Bring the light. Fucking sort this shit out.

There's a tune called "Wigwam" which is probably about drinking too much and gambling. And then it veers off into something else. I'm winging it, mate. You won't get me talking about Oscar Wilde or all that bollocks. I'm just writing the first thing that comes into my head.

Gem [Archer] does his thing, Andy [bell] does his thing and I do my thing. Then we all demo them and work on the songs together. I write on guitar. Or... I barely write on guitar. I've got a guitar in the house on its last legs, man. I sit round and play the guitar 'til I get bored. Then I go for a walk. Try to get some lyrics down and away we go.

There are a few songs on there which will remind people of Oasis... and why not? It was a fucking good band. But you'll hear some new bits. I mean, Oasis weren't groundbreaking. It had all been done before. I wouldn't know anything about my brother's solo stuff, mate. I haven't spoken to him, I haven't seen him. It's all very hush-hush 'round his camp. I put up with 18 years of that fucker so I'm arsed what he's doing. I'm sure it will be all very civilised and... grown-up. One of those gigs you can really stroke your chin at. With four rent-a-Scousers wearing shell-suits. This is the whole fucking myth, mate. Me and him never really spent any time with each other. He did the soundcheck. I walked onstage, had it, went backstage, had a drink. He'd go to his room... fuck knows what he'd get up to there, probably putting women's clothes on.

Listen, mate - he wanted out, and that's the way it is. It'll all come out in the wash, mate. I've heard his fucking new record 'cos I fucking sung on half of it. When I was in America for Dig Out Your Soul. And he swiped some off 'cos he obviously knew he wanted to do a solo album. So he can talk all the bullshit about "Oh, I was intimidated," and all that. Fucking nonsense. Behave. He knows. The people know. And I know. So no - it's not better. And it won't get any fucking better.

Man, just 'cos someone else wasn't having a good time in Oasis... there was good times to be had. I had a fucking great time. But the bigger you get the harder it is to move and groove. People expect this or that so it's hard to nip about. Now we're like a little Mini. We can dart about a bit more. Before, we were just a big fucking fat Bentley - it might feel nice but it's fucking hard work to drive. The reason we're doing this is 'cos we wanna do it, not 'cos we have to. I've got fuck all to prove. We've made an album and the next thing to do is play it to the people. I don't beg anyone to listen to it. I don't beg anyone to fucking buy it.

Download the magazine from http://avaxhome.ws/magazines/m_music/UNCUT-February-2011-UK.html

I remember seeing this thread when it first got started, had been meaning to check out the single but never got around to it. I had a moderately high interest in this band and then kind of forgot about them.

Heard that first song, and I dig it alot! Listening to Four Letter Word now and its alright but not terribly great. Maybe it will grow on me :shrugs:

I'm kind of excited for this, not stopping everything I've got like if this were Oasis, but I'm def. interested :)

As most people probably think I believe this is going to be hurt with the lack of Noel, but I'm expecting a fun album nonetheless

• 2 weeks later...