Beady Eye has released a free download (Link Inside)

ITW 2012

After hearing that tracks on YouTube I'm pretty excited about the record. Can't see how Noel will make one better. Four letter word seals it.

Also like how Liam has chicks in underwear in the video. If they had more budget maybe they could have had kitchen built on set.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Anyone heard it? Whats it like? :)

I can't find it, sometimes the internet is beyond me.

You're a Roses fan, nothing is beyond you, you're a prototype for God ;)

Guest Len B'stard

Listen to just over two thirds of the album, gotta say i'm not overly blown away. Its good, its a good rock n roll record, it's OK but...i'm not gonna say it :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Listen to just over two thirds of the album, gotta say i'm not overly blown away. Its good, its a good rock n roll record, it's OK but...i'm not gonna say it :lol:

Could have used some Noel Gallagher penned tracks?

Now i didn't say that, you did, so i'm still hip :lol:

*cough* couldhaveusednoelwritingthemajorityofthesongssotheyactuallyhavemelodysandaren'tjustbasedonriffsandhadbetterlyrics *cough cough*

No, it is with great sadness that i say that i don't think it's very good. In fact i don't think, what i've heard of it stands up to even the worst of Oasis albums. And i really am sorry to say that cuz i was seriously pulling for this band/album.

Edited by sugaraylen

*cough* couldhaveusednoelwritingthemajorityofthesongssotheyactuallyhavemelodysandaren'tjustbasedonriffsandhadbetterlyrics *cough cough*

No, it is with great sadness that i say that i don't think it's very good. In fact i don't think, what i've heard of it stands up to even the worst of Oasis albums. And i really am sorry to say that cuz i was seriously pulling for this band/album.

Some of the stuff reminds me of later era Oasis b sides; it's alright but it's kind of generic. Liam needs a good songwriter behind him.

I was listening to Definitely Maybe today. Even Noel will never be able to write songs like that again. I just hope his solo album isn't like Dig Out Your Soul. He needs to leave that psychedelic nonsense to those people who are actually still doing the drugs. Though I must admit that I loved Falling Down.

Edited by ITW 2012

Guest Len B'stard

Some of the stuff reminds me of later era Oasis b sides. It's alright but it's kind of generic. Liam needs a good songwriter behind him.

I was listening to Definitely Maybe today. Even Noel will never be able to write songs like that again. I just hope his solo album isn't like Dig Out Your Soul. He needs to leave that psychedelic nonsense to those people who are actually still doing the drugs.

See i loved Dig Out Your Soul, i thought it was REALLY good and i do think Noels songwriting more than stands up to his Definitely Maybe stuff, just cuz it's not wide eyed young man shit doesn't mean that it's not in the same league anymore. I did REALLY like DOYS though, Shock of the Lightning was a fuckin bangin' track, music to drive your car too fast to, And Get Off Your High Horse and Bag It Up, Waiting for the Rapture, I'm Out of Time, The Turning, so you see i'm not impossible to please. It's just this album sounded a bit...wishy washy. To Noels credit i think he really understood where the power of Liams vocals lay and wrote for them or maybe he just naturally wrote songs that fit Liam, maybe thats what you call chemistry.

It literally and figuratively and in every sense Oasis without the songcraft, lyrics and melody. It literally seems like they sat there with a bunch of riffs, added bass and drums and vocals and the odd bit of decorative instrumentations, slung the lyrics on and called it a day, it's missing like...the whistle-ability that Noels stuff had.

Yeah, exactly, late era Oasis B sides, not even the early fucking amazing B sides they put out.

Edited by sugaraylen

Some of the stuff reminds me of later era Oasis b sides. It's alright but it's kind of generic. Liam needs a good songwriter behind him.

I was listening to Definitely Maybe today. Even Noel will never be able to write songs like that again. I just hope his solo album isn't like Dig Out Your Soul. He needs to leave that psychedelic nonsense to those people who are actually still doing the drugs.

See i loved Dig Out Your Soul, i thought it was REALLY good and i do think Noels songwriting more than stands up to his Definitely Maybe stuff, just cuz it's not wide eyed young man shit doesn't mean that it's not in the same league anymore. I did REALLY like DOYS though, Shock of the Lightning was a fuckin bangin' track, music to drive your car too fast to, And Get Off Your High Horse and Bag It Up, Waiting for the Rapture, I'm Out of Time, The Turning, so you see i'm not impossible to please. It's just this album sounded a bit...wishy washy. To Noels credit i think he really understood where the power of Liams vocals lay and wrote for them or maybe he just naturally wrote songs that fit Liam, maybe thats what you call chemistry.

It literally and figuratively and in every sense Oasis without the songcraft, lyrics and melody. It literally seems like they sat there with a bunch of riffs, added bass and drums and vocals and the odd bit of decorative instrumentations, slung the lyrics on and called it a day, it's missing like...the whistle-ability that Noels stuff had.

Yeah, exactly, late era Oasis B sides, not even the early fucking amazing B sides they put out.

They should have asked Noel if they could use Record Machine and Stop the Clocks. Hopefully Noel finishes those two for his solo album. Record Machine could be a classic tune.

Guest Len B'stard

They should have asked Noel if they could use Record Machine and Stop the Clocks. Hopefully Noel finishes those two for his solo album. Record Machine could be a classic tune.

By all accounts, Noel ain't finishing shit at the moment :lol: He's busy scratching himself in rural England somewhere and more power to him, he's more than made a contribution. I'll be open eared for first hint of solo matierial though :) Says he ain't even recorded nothing yet.

I wouldn't say that this is worse than all Oasis albums. Re-listened to Heathen Chemistry last night and it's pretty crap, imo this is better, if only because it's got more spirit and will. But yeah, it's kinda obvious that none of the guys in Beady Eye are good enough songwriters, that said, it's better than I thought that Liam would be able to manage, considering. I thought the tracks not penned by Noel on Dig Out Your Soul were pretty bad, except for I'm Outta Time, but overall this is better...not by leaps and bounds or whatever but still. I'd rank it above Heathen Chemistry, and about equal with Don't Believe The Truth and SOTSOG.

Guest Len B'stard

I wouldn't say that this is worse than all Oasis albums. Re-listened to Heathen Chemistry last night and it's pretty crap, imo this is better, if only because it's got more spirit and will. But yeah, it's kinda obvious that none of the guys in Beady Eye are good enough songwriters, that said, it's better than I thought that Liam would be able to manage, considering. I thought the tracks not penned by Noel on Dig Out Your Soul were pretty bad, except for I'm Outta Time, but overall this is better...not by leaps and bounds or whatever but still. I'd rank it above Heathen Chemistry, and about equal with Don't Believe The Truth and SOTSOG.

I must be a romanticist but i thought Liam'd suprise the fuck outta me based on I'm Outta Time and Little James...maybe thats why they limited his input. Perhaps his talent lies in gentler stuff and he was too intent on rockin' out. And come on man, Hindu Times, Force of Nature, Little by Little, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Songbird, they songs are fuckin epic :)

I'm actually really fuckin heartbroken bout this album though :(

Edited by sugaraylen

I didn't like Little James at all, but I'm Outta Time is pretty great. I wasn't trying to say that Liam couldn't write, just that he and the other guys wouldn't be able to keep it up over an entire album...and while they didn't really do that, they managed it better than I expected.

I'm not really that fond of any of those songs :lol: Hindu Times and Little By Little are pretty cool, and Stop Crying Your Heart out is alright, albeit very sappy.

Guest Len B'stard

I didn't like Little James at all, but I'm Outta Time is pretty great. I wasn't trying to say that Liam couldn't write, just that he and the other guys wouldn't be able to keep it up over an entire album...and while they didn't really do that, they managed it better than I expected.

I'm not really that fond of any of those songs :lol: Hindu Times and Little By Little are pretty cool, and Stop Crying Your Heart out is alright, albeit very sappy.

have you heard the SCYHO demo with just Noel? Fucking sublime :) DBTT is even with HC and SOTSOG beats em both imo.

Edited by sugaraylen

have you heard the SCYHO demo with just Noel? Fucking sublime :) DBTT is even with HC and SOTSOG beats em both imo.

nah, but I have a bunch of oasis demos on my external hardrive that I haven't listened through...might be on there. will have to check.

Album is okay. Not great, but okay.

The Roller is still an incredible song. One of liam's finest ever vocal performances.

Still waiting to hear the best quality rip.

Aye I still like The Roller. The rest of the album just washed over me, it sounds like a pretty green designer writing songs to be played in his store.