Beady Eye has released a free download (Link Inside)

ITW 2012

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one would give a shit if this song was sung by the singer of Jet. Because it's Liam Gallagher, it creates the impression that the song (and band) is actually good, but I'm utterly underwhelmed. It's alright, but where's the balls?

Aye I have to agree. I saw a recent interview where Liam was running his mouth about how Beady Eye is going to be a proper "rock band" and is going to be much more rocking than Oasis stuff. Obviously we're not expecting Liam to suddenly start doing Death Metal but from what I've heard so far it's pretty limp wristed sounding.

The sheer fact that they are releasing a cover for the second song to convey them to the public should be testament that they aren't as fantastic as Liam Gallagher is letting them on to be.

I'm betting that the album will be shit except one or two songs.

I'm not singing LG's praises, he's not a consistent songwriter - but the cover was a b-side of a limited 12" release, not a single.

I think the album could be decent if Gem and Andy get involved.

From the artwork looks like it will be early Stones or Beatles something that got put out on Decca. Isn't Liam about the same age as Noel when Oasis started.

Noel Gallagher is 43 now, Liam is 38. So noel was only 25 when they started.

and yeah Sons of the stage is still no indication to what sound they're going for, as mentioned it's only a limited edition b-side. And the rip sounds pretty poor, still think it's a good song.

Guest Len B'stard

Liams clothing brand has won best mens thingie at the Drapers Menswear thingie, well done Liam That's so cool, if i had enough money i'd buy some of it, it's really cool like...mod gear and that.

I'm really pulling for Liam with his new band too, i really hope they do well, i think he's an amazing singer and a pretty underrated songwriter too. And a fuckin dude.

I think he gets an unfair shake too i mean, he's considered the sort of knuckle dragging ape to Noels aloof guitar God and like, everyone blames the break up on Liam but i reckon there's more than meets the eye to that one. Noel might go on about intimidation and all that shit but, every single one of their interviews i've seen Noel just mercilessly makes fun of Liam. Most of the time it appears to be in jest but by the same token i've never heard Noel say a nice word about him, whether as a singer or a person or anything and i've heard Liam rate Noels songwriting up and down umpteen times. Tons in the early days and tons later on too. But Noels routinely horrible about him, as i say, joking most of the time but still...he is your little brother, at least say one nice thing about him.

If you look at the earlier footage, the little scraps of it about you can see Liam is clearly enamoured by his brother musicianship and they're all like...singing Noels praises whereas Noel just took the piss out of everyone. And sometimes quite cruelly about poor Liam.

Liams clothing brand has won best mens thingie at the Drapers Menswear thingie, well done Liam That's so cool, if i had enough money i'd buy some of it, it's really cool like...mod gear and that.

I'm really pulling for Liam with his new band too, i really hope they do well, i think he's an amazing singer and a pretty underrated songwriter too. And a fuckin dude.

I think he gets an unfair shake too i mean, he's considered the sort of knuckle dragging ape to Noels aloof guitar God and like, everyone blames the break up on Liam but i reckon there's more than meets the eye to that one. Noel might go on about intimidation and all that shit but, every single one of their interviews i've seen Noel just mercilessly makes fun of Liam. Most of the time it appears to be in jest but by the same token i've never heard Noel say a nice word about him, whether as a singer or a person or anything and i've heard Liam rate Noels songwriting up and down umpteen times. Tons in the early days and tons later on too. But Noels routinely horrible about him, as i say, joking most of the time but still...he is your little brother, at least say one nice thing about him.

If you look at the earlier footage, the little scraps of it about you can see Liam is clearly enamoured by his brother musicianship and they're all like...singing Noels praises whereas Noel just took the piss out of everyone. And sometimes quite cruelly about poor Liam.

To be fair I think you might be reading a bit much into that.

I remember when Noel was on Jonathan Ross for that Definitely Maybe ten year DVD thing - and Jonathan said something about how Liam sounded better on that record than he did today and Noel immediately reacted and went 'well of course a man in his thirties sounds different to a twenty year old.' And when he used to guest on Russell Brands show, even when they shared funny stories Noel was always very much on his side. I mean there is no doubt that that dynamic exists but I can not imagine it really has any basis in this.

I do agree though that Liam is often underestimated with regards to how class he is.

:lol: :lol:

Beady_Eye_-_Different_Gear_Still_Speeding_online2.jpg

BEADY EYE release their eagerly anticipated debut album ‘DIFFERENT GEAR, STILL SPEEDING’ on 28th February 2011 on Beady Eye Records. The album features 13 brand new songs written by the band and was recorded at RAK Studios in autumn 2010 with producer Steve Lillywhite.

A taster for the album, ‘Bring The Light’, was made available for fans on the 9th November here at beadyeyemusic.com and was downloaded or played over 350,000 times in 24 hours. The VIDEO has received over 600,000 hits since it was premiered a week later.

The band (Liam Gallagher, Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock) also put their first UK tour on sale on 26th November with tickets selling out within 30 minutes. They will be joined by Matt Jones on keyboards and Jeff Wootton on bass for these dates and the European shows which follow the UK gigs. The full details of the UK dates can be seen HERE!

'Different Gear, Still Speeding' Tracklisting:

Four Letter Word

Millionaire

The Roller

Beatles And Stones

Wind Up Dream

Bring The Light

For Anyone

Kill For A Dream

Standing On The Edge Of The Noise

Wigwam

Three Ring Circus

The Beat Goes On

The Morning Son

The title will give Journos some hints. Beady Eye Gear Up For Tour. I thought the title was a bit cheesy until I saw the cover. But it makes me think they'll be speeding in a 30 zone. We're going 32 see. That's 2 mph faster than 30.

That album cover is great. Great humour to it.

Liam is on the cover of NME. Looks great, nice jacket liam :rofl-lol:

http://www.nme.com/magazine

The first "proper" single will be released in January.

Bring the light was just a taster, If there are a handful of better songs than bring the light, the album will be very very good in my opinion.

All we need next is for liam to say the album is better than definitely maybe. :Drock3

Edited by liquidmetal