Bumblefoot vid

ppruks

does anyone remember the video at the airport somewhere in South America, everyone else in the band is walking by the fans just smiling and when bumbles sees the fans he just goes: yeaaah! starts signing shit and then tells one of the airport workers in a yellow vest to: get the fuck out of the way, while smiling, I just remembered that and started laughing, I wanna see it again, it was on youtube, but I couldn't find it, it was either in Chile or Peru... I think

lol, "hey hey, get the fuck outta my way"

Bumble should wear that beanie onstage again, it and the Les Paul are what first defined him for me

Yeah when you think about it, hats are pretty iconic.

Yep, there are like 2 different Bumblefoots in GN'R

The first one in 2006 was an unpredictable beanie headed shredder, who did all this crazy 8 finger tapping on a freaking '59 LP (not exactly a shred guitar) just through a Line6 (when he could have chosen anything else)

The current Bumblefoot has an epic beard and plays awesome doublenecks, but wears no hat. He still has the chops but doesn't improvise that much anymore (because he has had time to learn the solos). He's a way more stable player than the first one and this time around he uses a "proper" amp too.

Bumble should wear that beanie onstage again, it and the Les Paul are what first defined him for me

The first one in 2006 was an unpredictable beanie headed shredder, who did all this crazy 8 finger tapping on a freaking '59 LP (not exactly a shred guitar) just through a Line6 (when he could have chosen anything else)

The current Bumblefoot has an epic beard and plays awesome doublenecks, but wears no hat. He still has the chops but doesn't improvise that much anymore (because he has had time to learn the solos). He's a way more stable player than the first one and this time around he uses a "proper" amp too.

Exactly. I'm not sure which version of him I prefer, but I think he's the greatest asset for Guns these days, guitar wise.

Guest ben9785

Yes I know exactly what you mean and I was recently thinking about it also.

Watching some videos from the 2006-07 tour and there is a difference.

The red beanie of course, the casual wear, the shredding over the songs.

Musically, in particular, how they used to play the title track then, first with the shredding/tapping during the verses while Brain was still in the band, and then the fretless that he added after Frank joined and they changed the rhythm of the song.

Now I guess he fits much better with the 'image' and what he adds to the songs musically.

He is still great and always been a nice guy, but I have a nice memory of him during that time.