Sweet Child O'Mine

saulhudson88

What the hell is going on with SCOM on youtube???

In every official video the guitar 'verse/solo' is missing ---> the part from 2:32 till 3:30.

Per Wiki

''The "Sweet Child o' Mine" video depicts the band rehearsing in the Huntington Ballroom at Huntington Beach, surrounded by crew members. All of the band members' girlfriends at the time were shown in the clip. Axl Rose was dating Erin Everly at the time, whose father was Don Everly of the Everly Brothers fame. Duff's girlfriend Mandy from the all-female rock band "The Lame Flames" was there, as was Steven Adler's girlfriend Cheryl. Izzy Stradlin's dog was also featured. The video was extremely successful on MTV, and helped launch the song to success on mainstream radio.

In an effort to make "Sweet Child o' Mine" more marketable to MTV and radio stations, the song was cut from 5:56 minutes to 4:12, with much of Slash's guitar solo removed. This move drew the ire of the band members, including Axl Rose, who commented on it in a 1989 interview with Rolling Stone: "I hate the edit of 'Sweet Child o' Mine.' Radio stations said, "Well, your vocals aren't cut." "My favorite part of the song is Slash's slow solo; it's the heaviest part for me. There's no reason for it to be missing except to create more space for commercials, so the radio-station owners can get more advertising dollars. When you get the chopped version of 'Paradise City' or half of 'Sweet Child' and 'Patience' cut, you're getting screwed."''

Edited by Indigo Child

In every official video the guitar 'verse/solo' is missing ---> the part from 2:32 till 3:30.

The Single was an edit of the Album version - if that's what you are talking about ?

You talking the music video? The music video used the edited version of the song which cuts out the short solo after the second chorus and instead goes right to the chorus that's before the big/main guitar solo.

That's even the cut of it that's on Welcome to the Videos - it's not an issue with YouTube or those uploading it.

The version on their official channel is the edit version the label made so it would appeal more to MTV and radio audiences.

Here's the original in HD:

Yeah I was at the Hard rock café two months ago and by luck, they played SCOM (they almost never play GNR even though there are pics of Axl and mostly Slash on the walls, they prefer playing cheap ass pop music like Sting or U2) and I was sad that it was cut.

GNR songs were always too long and had a complicated structure for the radios, what the radios and people want to hear is simple shit music with a basic structure and a small solo like "with or without you" by u2 or "poker face" by lady gaga, or lastly "undisclosed desires" by muse (those guys understood how to make it big and decided, what the hell, we're going to write the most simple and lamest song we ever wrote) It's the sad truth.