Duke Nukem Forever - How CD should have been released

ags_rule

http://www.psu.com/media/articles/image/duke_balls_of_steel_edition.jpg

Just look at all that stuff - poker chips, dice, a 'certificate of authenticity', a collector's editon comic book, a replica bust of the Duke himself, and loads more.

They're really going all out for the release of Duke Nukem Forever.

Whilst for Chinese Democracy we got an album consisting of mostly leaked material and a bicycle on the front-cover.

Note to Axl: If you wanna re-release Chinese Democracy, take a leaf out of the Duke's book

Edited by ags_rule

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Realistically though, how certain could Axl have been that people were willing to splash out on an extensive box set related to such a contentious album? I think the intention was always to eventually plug a re-release. By initially releasing just the record and a very basic box set (not very money consuming production wise) Axl was able to develop an idea (taken into account subsequent touring) in terms of whether or not there was a market for more “Chinese Democracy”. Mister Saint Laurent is leading us to believe that research has turned in positive results.

You never got the collector from CD??

I was telling this to my buddies today, this Duke Nukem collector edition is as much bullcrap as the CD collector edition that came out in europe in 2008 (it had the album, the vinyl, a bandana, poker chip, and other shitty stuff that you're never gonna use), I mean who is gonna use poker chips and a card game??

I'll definitely listen to CD while playing to Duke nukem forever when it comes out hahaha.

Edited by D..

A bust of Axl. Quite sure that would wet a lot of people's pants over here. :rolleyes:

The only thing they should have done is maybe add a dvd with some live clips. That would've been cool. I don't care about all the rest. T-shirts I get at concerts and all the rest of this 'extra' stuff that they might've added is useless anyway.

http://www.psu.com/media/articles/image/duke_balls_of_steel_edition.jpg

Just look at all that stuff - poker chips, dice, a 'certificate of authenticity', a collector's editon comic book, a replica bust of the Duke himself, and loads more.

They're really going all out for the release of Duke Nukem Forever.

Whilst for Chinese Democracy we got an album consisting of mostly leaked material and a bicycle on the front-cover.

Note to Axl: If you wanna re-release Chinese Democracy, take a leaf out of the Duke's book

You lose some credibility by taking a jab at the cover art. I mean, really.

And just to refute your analogy:

Duke Nukem Forever is a first person shooter among millions.

Chinese Democracy at least was unique. Gotta give Rose credit for not conforming to yet another blues rock album (not there are anything wrong with blues rock albums, but like First Person Shooters, they're everywhere)

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

(it had the album, the vinyl, a bandana, poker chip, and other shitty stuff that you're never gonna use), I mean who is gonna use poker chips and a card game??

Don't you understand the term “novelty item”? Okay the box set could have been a little more lavishing (in terms of maybe a DVD etc.) but I found the set pieces to be a quite quirky actually.