Nov Rain, Estranged, Breakdown

jerry

18 minutes?

I have heard some of the versions like the accoustic guitar, piano with Axl, and the "again and again" one. Does anyone know about this 18 minute version? (other than whats in wiki)

And I was always curious about the recording history of Estranged and Breakdown. I heard the instrumental version of Estranged, but was wondering if it was ever broken down into multiple songs. Any opinions or commentary is appreciate, thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Rain

Slash states in his autobiography that an 18-minute version of "November Rain" was recorded at a session with guitarist Manny Charlton (of rock band Nazareth) in 1986, before the recording sessions for Appetite for Destruction began.[7]

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to hear the 18 minutes version of NR. Estranged, breakdown and also coma are like very very underrated songs. Or maybe it's just me getting into these very long songs

I thought it was common knowledge that Estranged is perhaps the most popular song among fans

I'd really like to hear the 18 minutes version of NR. Estranged, breakdown and also coma are like very very underrated songs. Or maybe it's just me getting into these very long songs

I thought it was common knowledge that Estranged is perhaps the most popular song among fans

Sorry to dissapoint you but it will never get past SCOM, WTTJ or KOHD. Also the absolute girl's favourite Don't Cry. Don't get me wrong, i totally love these aswell, but they can't match the previous ones in my own GNR chart. Oh, and by fan i understand someone who simply enjoys listening to a band's song(s).

For more dedicated fans i think YCBM, Rocket Queen, Nightrain or Civil War also get to top of the list.

Sorry to dissapoint you but it will never get past SCOM, WTTJ or KOHD. Also the absolute girl's favourite Don't Cry. Don't get me wrong, i totally love these aswell, but they can't match the previous ones in my own GNR chart. Oh, and by fan i understand someone who simply enjoys listening to a band's song(s).

For more dedicated fans i think YCBM, Rocket Queen, Nightrain or Civil War also get to top of the list.

By fans I actually meant people like us here on the boards, I am aware of SCOM and PC being the favorites of the casual fans... As for the list of fave songs of the "dedicated fans", I would at least take out YCBM (is that really anybody's favorite..?) and add Coma and Estranged.

Yes, there are a lot of options indeed. I can somehow understand the band's decision not to play all of them live at once since those 4 alone cause it would take more than half an hour for just them.And there are many people that simply can't dig songs over 6 minutes long. A rotation would have been very cool imo.

About Estranged, I am aware that many fans love it, but it didn't even make it on Greatest Hits album, when Ain't It Fun did. And hell it would have deserved that place imo

Yes, there are a lot of options indeed. I can somehow understand the band's decision not to play all of them live at once since those 4 alone cause it would take more than half an hour for just them.And there are many people that simply can't dig songs over 6 minutes long. A rotation would have been very cool imo.

About Estranged, I am aware that many fans love it, but it didn't even make it on Greatest Hits album, when Ain't It Fun did. And hell it would have deserved that place imo

Guns didn't put that record together, Geffen did. They screwed up big time, has to be said.