Is Slash still doing something that pisses off Axl?

stratus

my understanding is that he didn't control the band, he just had the name if it went south. he was looking for them to collab but that never happened. They may have valid reasons for quitting, but after you quit you can't have much to say. I'd say both sides are believeable. It's kind of like the Zodiac killer we'll never know who did it.

Axl wanted Izzy to sign an employee contract cutting his percentage, which is one of the reasons he quit, and he wanted the others to do the same after he got control of the band name...seems to me he wanted to control the band and have the others as his employees unless I am missing something?

Wasn't Slash in on cutting Izzy's percentage? I think it had something to do with them feeling they were working their ass off live, and Izzy hardly contributing.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the real question is: what did he do in the first place to warrant the vehement hatred of axl? walking away from the band can't be it, duff did that too.

Well, I think it has a lot to do with Axl and Slash being the big stars of the bands. I think there has always been tension because of that. All this debating about who contributed the most to their songs and their success, everybody saying how Axl couldn't do it without Slash, and so on. And on top of that Slash has been much more insensitive about the matter in interviews through the years. I think Axl has felt undermined by Slash since '95.

Edited by Changes

I wonder if Slash is still doing something that pisses off Axl or the hate comes from things Slash did in the past. If it's the former, it would be cool if Dexter comes out to say "well, the guy is suing me/selling out/still smoking/whatever and I hate that" otherwise I don't really understand why Axl being a very religious person just don't let it go in some form. I'm sorry Axl and crew if I don't see the big picture here--it was never shown. Bullet points, please.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a "I hate Axl or even I hate Slash" post or "I want a reunion" one. It's just very hard to understand with the information we've got during the years how two guys who used to be very close friends can't even be in the same room for a minute and won't say "hey, how are you doing?" if they see each other. It's been more than 10 years! The anger against Izzy and Duff is gone. Why not Slash? Is Slash still doing something wrong on Axl's view?

Have you taken into account the known fact that Axl is a man who likes to carry his grudges for a LONG time.

We know for a fact that he still harbours resentment and anger towards other people for the things they did during the freaking 80's(!) and those were a lot smaller things than what Slash has done to him.

I know it might seem silly to a -lot- of people but it's who Axl really is you know. He just doesn't let go of the things he really feels that were done against him and to hurt him. Personally I think that he will go on hating Slash for the rest of his years. Slash, in effect, showed defiance where Axl wanted subservience, Slash is in Axl's world someone who destroyed something precious and beautiful. So this hate towards him will keep on keeping on, no matter what anyone says or does.

my understanding is that he didn't control the band, he just had the name if it went south. he was looking for them to collab but that never happened. They may have valid reasons for quitting, but after you quit you can't have much to say. I'd say both sides are believeable. It's kind of like the Zodiac killer we'll never know who did it.

You can’t tell that story without having something to say. But I guess after 15 years the setlist says it all.

Then again, you’re the guy who said “Skwerl is the Oswald of mygnr”. Talk about good quote – that one was near-perfect.

I agree a little more with this post. A contract though, where someone gets sole control of an asset on the condition of everything going south is suspicious when that triggering event had significant probability. I think that the "alleged" and publicly displayed animosity towards Slash doesn't make sense currently. Neither did the explanations for showing up or late or the long and continued wait for new music. I doubt the facets will be understood in our lifetimes nor in this universe.

I like the Zodiac Analogy.

Yeah, it's called 'winning'.

Eh?

Axl has just finished traveling all over the world playing in front of millions with his band?

Slash is playing club & festival gigs and nowadays supports acts like...Fergie.

And what has Axl done beside doing a small world tour? Nothing. No tv sessions, no interviews, no photoshoots, no promotion for C.D. (videoclips etc.),...

the reason they broke up seemed to be that Slash quit. the rest was just drama. Axl is late isn't a great reason to quit. my guess is that axl doesnt like slash because of the way he portrayed the break up for 10 years as axls fault? after sifting thru this stuff for a decade that's all i came up with. i can buy axl controlling the band. slash wanted to roll with what they had his way, axl held off. it was frustrating. but slash quit. quit, fine but dont blame axl for staying on?

I don't think it's a question of blaming Axl for staying on. But when *everyone else* leaves and has been able to work with each other and hang out with each other except one guy, that kind of tells you where the problem lay.

I know someone will point out Axl and Duff reconciling, and yeah that's good news...it only took close to 15 years of them not talking.

Maybe Axl has some sort of abandonment issues around Slash leaving. That's the most logical thing I can come up with. It's really puzzling the way Axl has built Slash up in his mind as this evil person that's out to get him with the statements he's made, "cancer" et al and the incredibly confusing press release based on Slash showing up at his house a few years back.

Axl being Late to everything is more than enough reason to quit. That is his job. His being late causses riots, the band to look band, destruction of venues, general fan discontent, and gives off that arragant, Im Axl I do what I want, attitude. At some shows he doesn't even show up and decides to stay at his Hotel and watch a sporting event or gamble. Axl is always late to sessions with the band. He was 8 WEEKS late to show up in CHicago when the BAND was writing Ilusions. I will say that Axl is a great frontman, so good that it allowed him to pull stunts like this. There was to much money involved for people to dismiss him and he took FULL atvantage of that whenever he could. Axl thinks he ows no-one an appology ever and he isnt responsible for his actions. Back to my point though, I THINK AXL ROSE BEING LATE or not showing up to his job with no REAL excuses is Definately reasons for members of Guns n Roses to leave. This is my opinion and like everyone on here, Im entitled to it...PEACE

yes, he is still alive. :shrugs:

Are you fucking serious?

She is.

It doesn't take much to piss Axl off.

Exactly.

So in your opinion Slash has to die to keep Axl happy? Speaking about a mental dysfunction.

Maybe you should start taking things a bit less literal. It was perfectly clear she meant that by this point, Slash's pure existence is bothering Axl. No one wants anybody dead because of this.

Are you fucking serious?

She is.

Exactly.

So in your opinion Slash has to die to keep Axl happy? Speaking about a mental dysfunction.

I'm sure even if Slash did die Axl would find a way to be pissed off about it.

Are you fucking serious?

She is.

Exactly.

Maybe you should start taking things a bit less literal. It was perfectly clear she meant that by this point, Slash's pure existence is bothering Axl. No one wants anybody dead because of this.

Exactly.

I'm sure even if Slash did die Axl would find a way to be pissed off about it.

Probably. :shrugs:

Probably

Yep. The whole successfully touring, releasing music, and communicating with the fans thing must really upset Axl, as none of this helps erase Slash from existence.

Sue Activision asking for 20M due Slash image usage tied to WTTJ and Duff playing with the band doesn't help to erase Slash from existence, right. Thanks for trolling though--wrong target, buddy. thumbsup.gif

Right, because nobody thinks of Slash when they hear WTTJ just like nobody thinks of Keith Richards when they hear Start Me Up. :rolleyes:

I love how Axl-apologists accuse people of 'trolling' whenever they offer an opinion that strays from sucking on his proverbial ass.

I love how Axl-haters accuse people of "trolling" whenever they offer an opinion that is positive about the singer that they love? So in your world, it is ok to worship Slash and everything he does...........but if you dare say something positive about Axl, then you are just an axl nut-swinger. Interesting how that works.

As for the original topic.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would bet every dollar I own that there is more "axl-v-slash' drama on THIS FORUM than there is between the two men in real life. There are about 10 people on this forum who think more about the daily workings of axl hating slash than Axl spends worrying about the subject. And that is just friggin crazy. There are a few people who I cannot stand in real life, who absolutely disgust me. And I spend NO time on a daily basis thinking about them. Why do you people assume that Axl sits at home, in his mansion, worrying about what slash is doing????

Ask yourself the same question. How much time do YOU spend on a daily basis stressing out or getting mad about somebody you don't like?

There are people on this forum who are more consumed with this issue than the actual person you are talking about.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would bet every dollar I own that there is more "axl-v-slash' drama on THIS FORUM than there is between the two men in real life. There are about 10 people on this forum who think more about the daily workings of axl hating slash than Axl spends worrying about the subject. And that is just friggin crazy. There are a few people who I cannot stand in real life, who absolutely disgust me. And I spend NO time on a daily basis thinking about them. Why do you people assume that Axl sits at home, in his mansion, worrying about what slash is doing????

Ask yourself the same question. How much time do YOU spend on a daily basis stressing out or getting mad about somebody you don't like?

There are people on this forum who are more consumed with this issue than the actual person you are talking about.

Axl has to go out every gig and give his all to perform along to Slash's riffs and leads, regardless of who's playing them. That would keep him pretty fresh in his memory, no?