Is Slash still doing something that pisses off Axl?

stratus

I wonder if Slash is still doing something that pisses off Axl or the hate comes from things Slash did in the past. If it's the former, it would be cool if Dexter comes out to say "well, the guy is suing me/selling out/still smoking/whatever and I hate that" otherwise I don't really understand why Axl being a very religious person just don't let it go in some form. I'm sorry Axl and crew if I don't see the big picture here--it was never shown. Bullet points, please.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a "I hate Axl or even I hate Slash" post or "I want a reunion" one. It's just very hard to understand with the information we've got during the years how two guys who used to be very close friends can't even be in the same room for a minute and won't say "hey, how are you doing?" if they see each other. It's been more than 10 years! The anger against Izzy and Duff is gone. Why not Slash? Is Slash still doing something wrong on Axl's view?

I've two hypothesis in mind, but just a few really know what happened and what's still up in the air:

• Did Slash (tried to) screw up any Axl relationship right before leaving? Dude, you know--if one of your best friends is pissed off leaving your band and manages to screw up one of our existing relationships in some capacity. There's a chance you will hate the guy forever no matter what he tries to tell you in the future. The cancer thing comes to mind.
  • Heated debate including things like "I will never talk to and play with you again." "so be it" -- It isn't clear how Slash told Axl he was out and what happened the days before and a few days after.

Thoughts?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably

Yep. The whole successfully touring, releasing music, and communicating with the fans thing must really upset Axl, as none of this helps erase Slash from existence.

Probably

Yep. The whole successfully touring, releasing music, and communicating with the fans thing must really upset Axl, as none of this helps erase Slash from existence.

Sue Activision asking for 20M due Slash image usage tied to WTTJ and Duff playing with the band doesn't help to erase Slash from existence, right. Thanks for trolling though--wrong target, buddy. thumbsup.gif

Probably

Sue Activision asking for 20M due Slash image usage tied to WTTJ and Duff playing with the band doesn't help to erase Slash from existence, right. Thanks for trolling though--wrong target, buddy. thumbsup.gif

Right, because nobody thinks of Slash when they hear WTTJ just like nobody thinks of Keith Richards when they hear Start Me Up. :rolleyes:

I love how Axl-apologists accuse people of 'trolling' whenever they offer an opinion that strays from sucking on his proverbial ass.

meh it is what it is , they both seem to not really give a shit about eachother anymore . i think were fortunate that atleast slash and axl are still active and are making music and as long as that is still happenin im not gonna cry over spilt milk .

Probably

Right, because nobody thinks of Slash when they hear WTTJ just like nobody thinks of Keith Richards when they hear Start Me Up. :rolleyes:

I love how Axl-apologists accuse people of 'trolling' whenever they offer an opinion that strays from sucking on his proverbial ass.

Not wanting GN'R music to be used to promote a separate band/entity like VR does not constitute erasing Slash from existence. Nothing could cause that. The past cannot be unwritten. It's about not conflating two separate band/brands.

Ali

I wonder if Slash is still doing something that pisses off Axl or the hate comes from things Slash did in the past. If it's the former, it would be cool if Dexter comes out to say "well, the guy is suing me/selling out/still smoking/whatever and I hate that" otherwise I don't really understand why Axl being a very religious person just don't let it go in some form. I'm sorry Axl and crew if I don't see the big picture here--it was never shown. Bullet points, please.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a "I hate Axl or even I hate Slash" post or "I want a reunion" one. It's just very hard to understand with the information we've got during the years how two guys who used to be very close friends can't even be in the same room for a minute and won't say "hey, how are you doing?" if they see each other. It's been more than 10 years! The anger against Izzy and Duff is gone. Why not Slash? Is Slash still doing something wrong on Axl's view?

I've two hypothesis in mind, but just a few really know what happened and what's still up in the air:

• Did Slash (tried to) screw up any Axl relationship right before leaving? Dude, you know--if one of your best friends is pissed off leaving your band and manages to screw up one of our existing relationships in some capacity. There's a chance you will hate the guy forever no matter what he tries to tell you in the future. The cancer thing comes to mind.
  • Heated debate including things like "I will never talk to and play with you again." "so be it" -- It isn't clear how Slash told Axl he was out and what happened the days before and a few days after.

Thoughts?

I was just thinking about this last week. I mean, we have all been really pissed off with people at some point in our lives but we tend to get over it. Axl speaks of Slash with such distain and anger and it seems to be more and more heated each time Axl has something to say about Slash.

Now, I have pretty much always been "pro Axl" so this has nothing to do with anything like that, but I am just really curious as to what happened that filled Axl with that much anger and hatered that has lasted for 15 years.

And, surely Axl and Slash have both crossed paths in this time. They lived in the same town for many years. They would have had to have been at the same party, bar, hotel, club, McDonalds at the same time at some point over the last 15 years.

I wonder if Slash is still doing something that pisses off Axl or the hate comes from things Slash did in the past. If it's the former, it would be cool if Dexter comes out to say "well, the guy is suing me/selling out/still smoking/whatever and I hate that" otherwise I don't really understand why Axl being a very religious person just don't let it go in some form.

Whose In the since when now?

Wonder if Slasher came up when Axl & Duff hung in London? Duff will never tell us, but be interesting to know and if so what was said by who. I mean Axl must have asked about VR/how's the singer search, how's Matt/Slash etc...can't imagine it not coming up. To have been a fly on that wall....

Axl being a very religious person just don't let it go in some form.

I never got that from him. Feel free to point out something that would indicate that, I just haven't seen it...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=56053&st=0

Nothing from Axl himself, but this issue was raised here many moons ago. It's definitely not a short thread though.

Axl probably is jealous of slash. Slash is widely accepted and liked. Weather he "sold out" is a matter of opinion. Mine is , you can make the arguement that alot of artist have sold out and selling something or getting sponsors, havng songs in movies, commercials, playing with different acts is what older muscians do. I'm not a fergilicious fan but he didn't sell out in my mind. He's just workin and possibly havn fun at the fucking superbowl. Did his friend ozzy sell out for having a show. Axl might want people to think slash sold out but only because he hates him because of jelousy of his popularity, success, normal way of conducting business. He is a hater, period. I totally dig everything axl does but I don't like his way of conducting himself. He seems very self centered and he seems to think he's better than everyone else... Especialy his old bandmates. It's actually really sad IMO . Without his personal problems he could be the biggest rock star in the world like he used to be.

Axl probably is jealous of slash. Slash is widely accepted and liked. Weather he "sold out" is a matter of opinion. Mine is , you can make the arguement that alot of artist have sold out and selling something or getting sponsors, havng songs in movies, commercials, playing with different acts is what older muscians do. I'm not a fergilicious fan but he didn't sell out in my mind. He's just workin and possibly havn fun at the fucking superbowl. Did his friend ozzy sell out for having a show. Axl might want people to think slash sold out but only because he hates him because of jelousy of his popularity, success, normal way of conducting business. He is a hater, period. I totally dig everything axl does but I don't like his way of conducting himself. He seems very self centered and he seems to think he's better than everyone else... Especialy his old bandmates. It's actually really sad IMO . Without his personal problems he could be the biggest rock star in the world like he used to be.

Do you think so? Why doesn't Axl do more to promote himself/the band then? I mean, if Axl is jealous of Slash popularity even if it isn't conscious. It would drive him to match and surpass that. Axl does the opposite.

I don't think he is jealous but not necessarily disagree that Axl wants/wanted more respect due his work in old and new Guns. "last man standing not bragging not proud" sentence (quoting from memory) comes to mind.

I never got that from him. Feel free to point out something that would indicate that, I just haven't seen it...

http://www.mygnrforu...opic=56053&st=0

Nothing from Axl himself, but this issue was raised here many moons ago. It's definitely not a short thread though.

Ya, I saw that one a looooong time ago. Memories.

Still. Nothing really concrete on that...

When you are raised in Indiana under Axl's circumstances and decades later still wears crosses and write "I hope to god she hears me" if that's not being very religious I don't know what is. x_santa.gif

Do you think so? Why doesn't Axl do more to promote himself/the band then? I mean, if Axl is jealous of Slash popularity even if it isn't conscious. It would drive him to match and surpass that. Axl does the opposite.

I don't think he is jealous but not necessarily disagree that Axl wants/wanted more respect due his work in old and new Guns. "last man standing not bragging not proud" sentence (quoting from memory) comes to mind.

http://www.mygnrforu...opic=56053&st=0

Ya, I saw that one a looooong time ago. Memories.

Still. Nothing really concrete on that...

When you are raised in Indiana under Axl's circumstances and decades later still wears crosses and write "I hope to god she hears me" if that's not being very religious I don't know what is. x_santa.gif

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Axl said that religious communities turn people into self-important hypocrites and he does sing: most organized religions make a mockery of humanity (it's one of those song lyrics that I just love, I totally agree with that statement) I don't believe he is religious in the sense that he is an avid follower of Christianity, I think he likes the religious symbolics and the spiritualism that comes with that, believing in a soul and a higher power (be it whatever/whoever you want it to be), I don't believe that someone as individualistic as Axl would follow anything in a cult fashion. And judging by his conservative highly religious upbringing I highly doubt it. But then again, that's my interpretation, really none of my business whether he is or isn't but I just like the discussion of religion, because it always brings up great points about humanity in general. In regards to wearing a cross...I look at it this way...yes, it is a symbol of Christianity, but it's still just a symbol, I wear different crosses, but I like to associate myself with that spiritual side of Christianity and not with the organized religion/Bible part if that makes sense. Spiritualism doesn't really have a symbol and the cross just kinda stuck, true Christians might say that I'm being a poser or desecrating their symbol, but I don't look at it this way... I was drunk at a party and probably doing smth. inappropriate while wearing a cross and this random girl just came up to me and grabbed my cross and said, what does this even mean to you? I could see how she could misinterpret my beliefs but I still told her to fuck off, since it's none of anyone's business how and why people wear the stuff they wear...