Anybody else think they should release CD II a day or two before Rock in Rio?

ITW 2012

You never know-- This downtime may breed some creativity or more importantly productivity. Axl and co. certainly aren't naive to the fact that we want more music. They've got a good amount of time to finalize some tracks and at least debut one or two songs live.

I'm expecting that they'll unveil revamped versions of Silkworms and Oh My God. After 10 years I think the people are finally ready.

That kind of thing was pretty hot in 2000, but does it still fly in 2011?

Techno/electronica enhanced rock never really quite hit it big with maybe the exception of Linkin Park with their debut album ten years ago(yikes, time flies...)

As to the original question, yeah, why not release it, I just think the main problem is that there is no CD II waiting to be released..

I'm expecting that they'll unveil revamped versions of Silkworms and Oh My God. After 10 years I think the people are finally ready.

That kind of thing was pretty hot in 2000, but does it still fly in 2011?

Techno/electronica enhanced rock never really quite hit it big with maybe the exception of Linkin Park with their debut album ten years ago(yikes, time flies...)

As to the original question, yeah, why not release it, I just think the main problem is that there is no CD II waiting to be released..

ron said there was basically an albums worth or two he added parts to? so in all but name it exists if you want it? in some ways GNR has always been retro, doing electronica would be the next step, they've already sort of done it. it wouldnt be unexpected to get more Death in Vegas or Chemical Brothers type song like Setting Sun. everything theyve done before has been done before it's just GNR spin on it which is new.

Guest ben9785

Unless things are going on under the surface, I think a CD re-release would be more likely.

Making a new song available for streaming as part of a forthcoming release (e.g. a new track from a CD re-release or a bonus song as part of a live CD/DVD set etc) to coincide with the show, or even just debuting a new song during the set like they did with "Madagascar" at RIR3, would be really great.

Edited by ben9785

Anybody else think they should release CD II a day or two before Rock in Rio? They could then put a link up to where people can stream Rock in Rio live. And after all this they could debut a new video and announce a US tour.

Would be nice, but will most likely not happen.....

I can see them just playing the new stuff off CD that people in Rio havent heard. Sorry, Shacklers, If The World, This I Love.

Seems like they do have songs that are as ready as the songs on CD were, but unless they get a release they aren't anything.

Unless things are going on under the surface, I think a CD re-release would be more likely.

Making a new song available for streaming as part of a forthcoming release (e.g. a new track from a CD re-release or a bonus song as part of a live CD/DVD set etc) to coincide with the show, or even just debuting a new song during the set like they did with "Madagascar" at RIR3, would be really great.

They should put out a new album and debut it live at Rock in Rio. CD I has gone on for 10 years now. Call me crazy, but I think it's time to move on to CD II.

They should put out a new album and debut it live at Rock in Rio. CD I has gone on for 10 years now. Call me crazy, but I think it's time to move on to CD II.

it would be the most uncompromising way to promote CD II, just release it before the show and play a few tracks. they won't get a bigger show to launch it off?

it would be the most uncompromising way to promote CD II, just release it before the show and play a few tracks. they won't get a bigger show to launch it off?

Axl's got godlike status there. He should have them construct a pyramid on stage for him to shoot out the top in full Indy gear. Start CD II off with a spectacle.

Edited by ITW 2012

Axl's got godlike status there. He should have them construct a pyramid on stage for him to shoot out the top in full Indy gear. Start CD II off with a spectacle.

I wonder what happened to MJ's stage set up from This Is It. Those jump boxes look cool, they just fire you up out of the stage. and that cherry picker thing, tie Frank to that and have do a solo over the crowd.

Anybody else think they should release CD II a day or two before Rock in Rio? They could then put a link up to where people can stream Rock in Rio live. And after all this they could debut a new video and announce a US tour.

Good idea, which means that it's not going to happen. :shrugs:

They should put Axl's oxygen tent underneath the stage and shoot him up out of one of those jump boxes after every break. Maybe he could show off some of his Kung Fu kicks when they shoot him up.

would be good intro to Chi Dem, after Dj's riffage Axl blasts out of the stage. I think the oxygen tent should be on stage. If I had the money I buy MJ's jump boxes just to have a go.