Dizzy Reed - GN'R have been in the studio

Ana_1991

I guess we didn't read the same interview. He said GNR is on a break

EDIT:

I misread, he did say that there is a lot of energy in the studio. But on the other hand he also said:

Q - “I heard you were in the recording studio yesterday,” I told him. “What’s going on? Can we expect a follow-up to ‘Chinese Democracy’ any time soon?”

A - “Most days off I’m in one studio or another,” Dizzy shared. “But no, GNR is taking some time off right now. Yesterday I was working on a concept album, still in its infantile stage, nothing worth talking about yet.”

Edited by gunnar

Time off? He didn't perform for 6 years and then a futher 2 years break off the road from 03-05. You would think that Axl would be amped after last years hugely successful tour! But his complet silence since last December it really does seem that Axl operates in a completely diff universe from anyone. He should go solo. It's not fair to drag his bandmates into this mess. His bandmates sound frustated and eager to do things.

Time off? He didn't perform for 6 years and then a futher 2 years break off the road from 03-05. You would think that Axl would be amped after last years hugely successful tour! But his complet silence since last December it really does seem that Axl operates in a completely diff universe from anyone. He should go solo. It's not fair to drag his bandmates into this mess. His bandmates sound frustated and eager to do things.

Hard to go solo and have no bandmates when you can only sing, play piano and (to some extent) play some powerchords on guitar...

They were on the road for a full year or so. Axl's taking a well earned couple of months off.

Give the guy a break

They were on the road for a full year or so. Axl's taking a well earned couple of months off.

Give the guy a break

I know he can have all the break he wants but what irks me is his bandmates coming out the past week and saying "I need the 411 on what's going on and "someome" needs to organise a record but there's the world and then there's Axl's world....

Give the guy a break

Agreed.

Also, I think that the constant complaining and pressure he gets from some fans/press etc doesn't exactly make him wanna hurry up, you know? CD was relased 2 and a half years ago and there have just been a big tour and still people are complaining. Before CD was released people were complaining about it not being released and now that it's here and we got a big tour people complain still.

Im excited for new music as well, but give it time and give Axl the break he deserves right now.

Guest siliconmessiah

Give the guy a break

There is nothing wrong with the band taking a break.

It´s the lack of news that is the problem.

They could take a fine half-year break if they only had the balls to let the fans know if there are more future plans other than another AFD-gig.

Edited by siliconmessiah

if you can take the time to post "my link," why not just copy and paste the text you are linking us to? saves everyone having to click through to another site, and it's just proper forum etiquette.

It's only one click so you must be handless or just retarded.

if you can take the time to post "my link," why not just copy and paste the text you are linking us to? saves everyone having to click through to another site, and it's just proper forum etiquette.

is it your first day on the internet, bitch? it's common forum etiquette. don't expect everyone to click through to read what you think they should read, just because you're lazy and rude. :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

and for the record, i didn't read either of your lazy ass links, so go fuck yourself.

is it your first day on the internet, bitch? it's common forum etiquette. don't expect everyone to click through to read what you think they should read, just because you're lazy and rude. :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

and for the record, i didn't read either of your lazy ass links, so go fuck yourself.

Blah, blah, blah...

Dude, are you fucking insane lol

Dude, are you fucking insane lol

we are all insane dude

we are still supporting one of the most insane person- somehow*?!

and yes I felt a little clever saying that

just let me have this one ok ? thanks

Edited by SL138

normal they've been in the studio,

some long time ago,

now is just the silly small top-hat doing some solos and intros and outros and under singing or up singing other's guitar works of the previous guys.

so fuck yeah it takes time to get the things done when you're working on some 30 tracks.

that's why the rest of the band are so relax and careless - they've done their parts. along time ago.

even Axl - if you believe that! - has done his back in 2007.

So, again, chill the fuck down, you sound all like a bunch of drug addicts looking to score.

the music will come. and will give to some of you, again, the opportunity to exercise you right to express yourselves, in the most negative way,

and I'm telling you now - fuck off! - and I will tell you the same thing then,

but I just don't want to forget it, since I might be really old by the time the next album comes out.

Edited by STARABOSTES

That is a cruel swipe at someone who has offered you some decent advice.

You copy and paste the text, then post the link. That is how things works. You are, otherwise, directly advertising another site. I would also add, to be fair, that your thread title is misleading.

You can still edit your original post and the title. But this does depend on how much integrity you have as a person.

Edited by Mysteron

Hard to go solo and have no bandmates when you can only sing, play piano and (to some extent) play some powerchords on guitar...

Not when you're paying em