Do we have the right to criticize Axl and New GnR?

Guest siliconmessiah

We have every right to criticize and say what we do and don't like. That's what a fan forum is all about.

There's only a handful of GNR fans on here. The rest are reunionist GNR phonies. So I'd be careful about throwing the words fan forum out around here.

There's different types of GnR fans. "Reunionists" are one of those types.

Whatever you say guy.

We have every right to criticize and say what we do and don't like. That's what a fan forum is all about.

There's only a handful of GNR fans on here. The rest are reunionist GNR phonies. So I'd be careful about throwing the words fan forum out around here.

Whatever you say guy girl.

Fixed

Whatever you say guy girl.

Fixed

Oh wow never knew that lol.

Edited by iftheworld

Whatever you say guy.

Do you really think that people who hate guns n roses would conspire to spend countless hours on this website trashing GNR nonstop just for the hell of it? Everyone here is a fan. The main point of argument comes from people who think that their view is right and everyone else is wrong. But what can't be disputed is that we are all fans and that we all deserve the oppurtunity to criticize what we think could be better in the GNR world

Edited by WhazUp

I didn't have the motivation to read the opening post in all honesty; but in terms of the question... you can absolutely criticise Guns N' Roses so long as its cohesive and respectful. I will say though when it's continual and with no element of productivity I question the validity of you or others having a membership of this forum (considering it's allegedly designed to be a platform for interesting and constructive debate in relation to a band we all supposedly share a "love" for). I would point out as well actually I find the brainless "Guns N' Roses can do no wrong" types as annoying those who vehemently oppose any action the "new" guys undertake.

You spell-checked something in Google and had to come back and fix it with an edit, didn't you?

I will start off by saying that I probably will be multi flamed for this input on this board. But I´m kind of used to it.

"Why are you hanging on these boards if you don´t like the band?"

"You are not interested in the band, go away!"

And the people that says this to me, is mostly people who joined this forum in 09-10 and 11. New fellow fans are cool and all, but these people are here just to accuse me of not being a fan. Ridiculous.

But I have also noticed by language and stuff that there are some multi-posters among them, so I don´t take too much of notice.

I am actually, a b-i-g, big fan of Guns N´ Roses, and was glad that Axl Rose, still my favourite singer, took hold of the name Guns N´ Roses, "just to keep it alive and release new music", as he put it in an interview on the homepage. But the number one thing that disappointed me, and probably Robin Finck, Buckethead and Brian Mantia too, is that these words was mostly bullshit.

I have been hanging around these boards for around 10 years now, or a little more. I guess you could count me as a GNR-fan since 1999.

I have "endured" all the ups & downs during these years, and was by starters very supportive of Axl Roses "New Guns" that started off in 2001. A fantastic move, as I had just started to get into the guns at that part of my life.

But my point here is, that even if Axl Rose is your favourite artist, like mine, he should also be able to be critiziced. But as soon as those discussions take place, some people tells me, or other people to fuck off and that Axl Rose is a godlike that cannot be criticized.

I say fuck that. A band like Guns N´ Roses staying silent for 6 months is just bullshit. What the fuck seems to be the problem?

I think that we fans should be able to discuss this out of interest and keep it on a level for grown ups.

This is what I don´t like about Guns N´ Roses:

1. Axl Rose saying that he took hold of the GNR-name & legacy to keep on making music, when in fact he has been on an AFD/CD-parade for over 10 years.

2. The way that the fans are being kept in the dark, and that the lousy homepage was updated lastly in 2008. Not even a note of ending the world tour, and no mention of Rock In Rio?!?!

3. The way that people in the band gets replaced, so that even the fans isn´t able to keep up with stuff.

4. The way nothing gets released.

5. Tommy Stinson making a record with Soul Asylum. Richard Fortus touring with Thin Lizzy. DJ Ashba recording with Sixx AM.

6. The way that the players of the "band" is like employees and cannot seem to get into detail with the music and future plans.

I come here a couple of times a week just to check out if there has been any news, but the only news about GNR there is, is about the members doing solo stuff. And that sucks.

Now, sorry for ranting. Now onto your opinion.

Do you think that GNR could do more to promote themselves as a real band? How?

Do you think that GNR is being run in a perfectly good way, or are there flaws in it? What are the flaws, and what could Axl do to minimize them?

Yes. Axl needs some lessons on how to promote a band.

No. Gn'R needs some remanagement.

Everybody has the right to criticize whomever they want. That's not the real heart of what you are saying.

First off, there might be 1-2 people on this forum that fit the Axl-Love description that you described.

99% of Axl fans agree with almost all the critical things you said about Axl. 99% of his fans wish he would speak to the fans more, would keep us updated on what the band is doing, wish he would put out more music, wish he wouldn't have went through so many band members, wish he would start all shows on time. The MAJORITY of Axl fans would join you in criticizing Axl on this things.

99% of don't think he is a God, we don't think he does no wrong, and we don't defend him to the death on issues where he clearly screwed up.

People get annoyed when you make statements like you did. You clump all Axl fans into this big mess of crazy fans, when in fact, the majority aren't. And for every Axl fan that fits the billing you described - there are 2 Slash fans just like it. THat is where the problem is. This is a board for people to talk about the current band, which Slash isn't in anymore. There are sections on this forum to talk about the old band and to talk about Slash. BUT the Slash-Fan-Boys still come to the CURRENT GnR section JUST to bash Axl.

You don't see that happening in the VR and Dust and Bones section. Axl fans aren't going out of their way to purposely bash Slash in a section full of Slash fans. But when somebody who is clearly a slash-fan-boy and who clearly dislikes Axl comes to the current GnR section JUST to bash Axl.....that is when you have people stepping up and strongly defending Axl.

And whether you like to admit it, there are several posters on here who do NOTHING but bash Axl. That isn't "criticizing" that is being a cupcake. And that's why people say that you should go support a band you enjoy.

Here's a question: Why don't the nostalgists spend more time in the pre-94 and reunion forums?

That's the main issue here: All the "good ol' days" fuckers like to spend all their time in here, reminding us in each and every thread what they don't like. It gets old. I don't deny that there are valid observations here n there, but at some point, you just have to move on and/or accept the reality.

Honestly some of you people come off as bitter misanthropic whining curmudgeons: hellbent on debbie downer-ing every goddamned thread. Your existence on this board is defined by obsessive critical statements, ad nauseum. It gets old, it really does. What's more egregious is the incessant need to make snarky comments in innocent threads where people are having fun discussing the band. There's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but expect the venomous spiteful comments tol be met in kind. ; )

I have a half a mind to hire some kid to run the statistics on some of these people: for example the percentage of silicon's and sunnydre's total posts which are negative toward the band. If more than half are anti-gnr rhetoric, wouldn't you agree there's a problem? hehe

Edited by mindsaber

It's a 2 way street I see a lot of "Nu-GNR" fans insult the old band on the old lineup sections as well

The majority of people here are cool, its a few that bash either the old band or the new band constantly

This isn't a "old GNR fans are the bad guys" or "the new gnr fans are the asssholes" its all individuals, regardless of which incarnation they listen to

Here's a question: Why don't the nostalgists spend more time in the pre-94 and reunion forums?

That's the main issue here: All the "good ol' days" fuckers like to spend all their time in here, reminding us in each and every thread what they don't like. It gets old. I don't deny that there are valid observations here n there, but at some point, you just have to move on and/or accept the reality.

Honestly some of you people come off as bitter misanthropic whining curmudgeons: hellbent on debbie downer-ing every goddamned thread. Your existence on this board is defined by obsessive critical statements, ad nauseum. It gets old, it really does. What's more egregious is the incessant need to make snarky comments in innocent threads where people are having fun discussing the band. There's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but expect the venomous spiteful comments tol be met in kind. ; )

I have a half a mind to hire some kid to run the statistics on some of these people: for example the percentage of silicon's and sunnydre's total posts which are negative toward the band. If more than half are anti-gnr rhetoric, wouldn't you agree there's a problem? hehe

In full agreement. There are categories here for a reason,but few seem aware of how to utilize them