Shackler's Revenge Typography Animation Preview!

Axl Rose aka God

I have a background in 3D animation and other media technology elements (state computer animation champion with SkillsUSA and Business Professionals of America!). So I started work on a typography animation (my first!!) earlier this morning. It was 5 AM and I began looking up typography animations, and I saw one for Civil War and it inspired me to try to create one. So I looked up a few tutorials to get the gist of an animation down, and I applied the concept I learned in 2 or 3 hours to Shackler's Revenge. I was going to do one for Better, but somebody on YouTube already made the intro into a typography animation, so I chose not to. Perhaps when I'm more skilled at it later, I'll try it out. This is my first real attempt at typography animation, so I don't know that it's awesome or anything...the entire thing was created by myself in Adobe After Effects CS4.

I hope you enjoy it. Like it, leave a comment, and subscribe if you want to see more. More subscribers will encourage me to finish it sooner...because lord knows with the heat we're having here in Massachusetts I'm not gonna wanna do anything...

Thanks everyone! I've been working on it more since the original posting, I'm about 45 seconds into the song now.

I've been interested in learning typography as well. What program did you use, Live type?

No, I've been doing this all in Adobe After Effects. Creating the effects and graphics, and typing out every word of the song, then animating it. It's taking a while. I'm not sure what Live Type is.