Where the heck is the next album?

Nick85

My guess is it's a combination of both Axl's own reasons to hold on to the material which honestly could be varied and record company bullshit.

Does Axl's promotion standards are too costly? Did the release and handling of all the situation of Chinese Democracy and the Azoff

shit made him be extra carefull so it won't happen like that again?

Or is he just still finishing CD2 or even starting to write a new album? Who the fuck knows.

I think that Axl will release CD2 after he considers the process of touring and giving Chinese Democracy it's full backing over, and when in his view, the conditions and timing to release CD2 are just right.

I believe Axl does have a plan and he's working on finding the right balance between what he wants to what he can actually execute in reality.

Edited by Rovim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Axl does have a plan and he's working on finding the right balance between what he wants to what he can actually execute in reality.

We really need a facepalm emoticon...Come on Rovim after all this time do you really beleive Axl has some sort of master plan??........

I am willing to bet he has no idea what he is going to do most days when he wakes up in the morning..........

I think Axl wants to keep this band alive and to release CD2 because he considers Chinese Democracy to be a double album.

Also...he seems to be a lot more positive on tour then he was in 2002 for example. I think he believes in this line up and the crowds seem to really embrace the chemistry and image of the current band.

I'm not denying the years and years of frustration and nothing happening. I just think there's a lot we don't know and between that and what it took for Axl to rebuild the band and be satisfied with the music and release it, I guess I believe enough to think he's trying and I'm still onboard.

Again...not saying this band operate in an ideal way - far from it. But do I believe we'll hear more material? fuck yeah.

Edited by Rovim

Again...not saying this band operate in an ideal way - far from it. But do I believe we'll hear more material? fuck yeah.

I think we'll hear new music eventually too. But as far as Axl having some kind of "master plan" in place for the rest of the music...I think the master plan ship sailed when he bailed on CD's release.

My guess is that Axl has at least 15-20 more songs recorded, but they're probably the same sound-quality as the last round of leaks that we got from Kevin Skwerl in 2008. Bucket & Robin are probably all over them, and my guess is that Axl is not, at least in his own mind, finished with them since there's still no release in sight.

Although, Ron has been quoted saying that he recorded on a "good handful" of tracks that did not appear on Chinese Deomcracy. So who knows if his guitar work has been mixed in or not yet. If that's the case, it would make sense to have DJ record on at least a couple tracks as well.

Has he done that yet? Who knows. I just want to hear the friggin album. :shrugs:

I would really love to hear a new album form Axl and the band. However I think its understandable that Axl would tour the world for as long as he could first. The major money for bands nowadays is in touring as albums don't sell near as well (which is a damn shame, because there is a lot of good stuff out there.) and he probably needs to convince Geffen to see through another new album. He also may have a few bills from the Chinese Democracy sessions he needs to pay as well. Regarding the actual album itself, my main problem is all the hints that we do have towards the new album. Ashba has particularly kept me on edge saying he's got a lot of new things up his sleeve. Also all the other confirmed songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions, like The General and Soul Monster which have both had some good praise from those who have recorded or heard them, make me want an album even worse. I think that he should at least put out a new song just to keep the fans happy (It doesn't even have to be an awesome one, just a new song period.). I'd also like to see the final version of Oh My God and a studio version of Silkworms both of which would be amazing to have. We'll have to see what they do at Rio and what they say there to learn whether we should hope for a new album or just stick with what we've got.

A good option would be to get together for a week in a recording studio, and just record and album of balls to the wall, raw and dirty rock songs. Put a stake through the heart of all the negativity surrounding CD that is out there, by showing how good this band really is.