Where the heck is the next album?

Nick85

Seriously, what happened with that, and why is Axl giving fans the silent treatment regarding it?!

Axl talked about releasing the trilogy in 2002, with his claims of multiple albums being recorded backed up by Sebastian Bach in 2007. This year, both Ron & DJ have confirmed that there is also more than 1 album of finished material down the pipes. But no release, that we know of, is remotely close.

The kicker is that during his 'chats' soon after CD's release, Axl seemed quite optimistic about about possibly putting the next album out the following year in 2009, and openly discussed upcoming tracks The General, Atlas Shrugged, & Soul Monster with the fans.

Since then....Nothing. Not a hint from any credible sources that the next album could possibly still be on the horizon. So my question is, why is Axl keeping us in the dark about this? Why would he openly & enthusiastically discuss the next album with us, only to never mention it again for going on 3 years now.

Does anyone think he's scrapping it altogher & starting fresh? IMO, that would be a shame and probably keep this album in limbo for (even more) years on end. :shrugs:

Thoughts?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be problems with the label?

unhappy with how CD released?

fear of letting go of the beast and what comes after that?

re-recording robin's and buckethead's parts (hopefully not)?

calm before the storm?

not giving a shit anymore?

there are 24 time zones on this planet

and then there is axl time

lets just hope it will be released as long as hes is alive and kicking, approving the material even if that means a compromise here and there

maybe we could work out something for upcoming shows like doing chants or banners "we want new music" or something

DJ mentioned that he has yet to write something with Axl, maybe they are just more concerned with touring and RIR at the moment and will focus on an album after they are finished with these tour dates

I get not revealing plans until they're set in stone, as it avoids disappointing fans. But letting three years go by after hyping it up, with no mention since seems like a bit of a tease to me, leaving it open-ended like that.

How hard is it to release a statement saying something, anything, to let us know what they're hoping to do, or not do, with it if they're planning on starting fresh.

Not mentioning it at all leads one to believe that Axl may have these songs finished, but has no idea what he's going to do with them.

Edited by sofine11

Seriously, what happened with that, and why is Axl giving fans the silent treatment regarding it?!

Axl talked about releasing the trilogy in 2002, with his claims of multiple albums being recorded backed up by Sebastian Bach in 2007. This year, both Ron & DJ have confirmed that there is also more than 1 album of finished material down the pipes. But no release, that we know of, is remotely close.

The kicker is that during his 'chats' soon after CD's release, Axl seemed quite optimistic about about possibly putting the next album out the following year in 2009, and openly discussed upcoming tracks The General, Atlas Shrugged, & Soul Monster with the fans.

Since then....Nothing. Not a hint from any credible sources that the next album could possibly still be on the horizon. So my question is, why is Axl keeping us in the dark about this? Why would he openly & enthusiastically discuss the next album with us, only to never mention it again for going on 3 years now.

Does anyone think he's scrapping it altogher & starting fresh? IMO, that would be a shame and probably keep this album in limbo for (even more) years on end. :shrugs:

Thoughts?

How can you guys even begin to delude yourself into believing there is another album in the works that you'll hear about or see anytime soon? And why in the world do you seem mystified at the lack of communication from this band? I mean...c'mon man.

Thoughts?

How can you guys even begin to delude yourself into believing there is another album in the works that you'll hear about or see anytime soon? And why in the world do you seem mystified at the lack of communication from this band? I mean...c'mon man.

You certainly are a negative shit purveyor.Guns N' Roses are playing RIR and several other confirmed dates. Whether they choose to share any information,considering the amount of people that would misinterpret it,overanalyze every word etc. I can't say I blame them.Look at the unfounded false rumors that have started already and been shot down.Some people here are only here to degrade GNR.

Whether they choose to share any information,considering the amount of people that would misinterpret it,overanalyze every word etc. I can't say I blame them.Look at the unfounded false rumors that have started already and been shot down.Some people here are only here to degrade GNR.

Yeah you're right. They should make announcements and no one should care.

The rumors exist because the band never says anything so people have to guess what's going on.

Thoughts?

You certainly are a negative shit purveyor.Guns N' Roses are playing RIR and several other confirmed dates. Whether they choose to share any information,considering the amount of people that would misinterpret it,overanalyze every word etc. I can't say I blame them.Look at the unfounded false rumors that have started already and been shot down.Some people here are only here to degrade GNR.

And why do these rumours get started? oh yeah that's right it is because Axl refuses to give the fans any real news on what is happening...lack of information breeds rumours which people then latch onto as fact because they don't have any real information .......you see how that works right?.........

Funny how other bands can keep their fans informed while Axl seems to think we are the enemy

Funny how some people who "claim" to be "fans" constantly encorage untruths and perpetuate bullshit gossip.

I think some of the self-proclaimed "fans" ARE the enemy.

I wonder, is it a total pipe-dream to think it's possible for Axl to surprise us with a late 2011 release? Would we we have heard rumblings of an upcoming release by now?

I guess when you consider that the next album is already complete, other than possible mastering, that a release can come whenever Axl and the label come to terms. :shrugs:

Guest siliconmessiah

Funny how some people who "claim" to be "fans" constantly encorage untruths and perpetuate bullshit gossip.

Funny how a newbie suddenly just comes waltzing in telling what people on this board should think and do to be considered a fan or not, when there have been ten years of good discussion and highlights about the band on this board. With the current situation, the fanbase has all the right in the world to discuss it, and yes, even be skeptical if they like.

I might as well inform you that what´s going on right now is not a highlight in gnr´s career over these 10 years we´ve had. Welcome aboard.

And come on...enemy? Are you being serious? We are fans, discussing our favourite band on a internet messageboard. Again...enemy? You cannot be for real.

What are you, like DJ Ashbas cousin, or Bumblefoots nephew? Duh...

Edited by siliconmessiah

Funny how a newbie suddenly just comes waltzing in telling what people on this board should think and do to be considered a fan or not, when there have been ten years of good discussion and highlights about the band on this board. With the current situation, the fanbase has all the right in the world to discuss it, and yes, even be skeptical if they like.

I might as well inform you that what´s going on right now is not a highlight in gnr´s career over these 10 years we´ve had. Welcome aboard.

And come on...enemy? Are you being serious? We are fans, discussing our favourite band on a internet messageboard. Again...enemy? You cannot be for real.

What are you, like DJ Ashbas cousin, or Bumblefoots nephew? Duh...

Although I haven't been here that long I have been into GNR since the late 80's. Please tell me you aren't going the post count route :rolleyes:

Slash - the true spirit of GNR, is starting pre-production of his next album. Follow him on Facebook for updates. Forget Axl releasing a new album. It is not going to happen. I believe he called the people who were asking about the next album as "idiots." Let Axl tour outside the U.S. and take advantage of the ownsership of the band name.

cupcake bait :rolleyes:

I wonder, is it a total pipe-dream to think it's possible for Axl to surprise us with a late 2011 release?

Yes. Yes it is.

I can't believe people are questioning why it's been 3 years and we've heard nothing. Do you not remember it took 14 years for Chinese to see the light of day?

In Axl's words "I don't know if SOON is the word".

And to be perfectly honest, after hearing Chinese Democracy I don't think I want to hear another "New Guns N' Roses" album.

I'll stick with the old albums, Contraband and Slash's solo stuff thanks.