"Electrionica with full guitars" - D'ya think Axl's still into that?

Cosmo

Of course he is, that's why the old band ended, because of Axl's "Vision" lol

There are two explanations for your post. Either Yyu didn't read a single post in the thread, not even the first one, or you're just trolling.

Ashba´s got the moves, the looks and also play the same songs.

I am disappointed that Axl didn´t follow through with Finck and Buckethead.

But at the same time, I hope Axl releases new material so DJ Ashba gets to prove what he´s doing and not only playing covers and covers of covers and look like Slash.

Really? He plays the same songs? :rofl-lol:

Same with any GN'R guitarist, for Christ's sakes, it's like the rant Axl went on about at RIR III about being criticized for playing the old songs.

Axl didn't follow through with Bucket? LOL WHAT?! From what I understand Bucket left the band because he didn't like the absence of releasing a new album/material and the touring.

^ I guess I dont like Ashba for the whole Slash shtick he has going on but I guess Slash probably one of his biggest heroes so maybe that kinda excuses it...but I digress, that being said I think hes gonna be the guy if anyone to get Axl back to hard rock and get him working on songs.

Besides the hats I don't really see much Slash Shtick. Slash didn't invent smoking on stage and pretty much every guitar player for GNR has a Les Paul.

Ashba´s got the moves, the looks and also play the same songs.

The moves are more of a Jimmy Page ripoff IMO, both Slash and Ashba.

True that. Jimmy Page had very similar moves, used a Les Paul AND a double-neck SG.

In the Del interview in early 2009, Axl said that the next album will have the same style & players, so I expect that it will flow with the first album.

Then again, he hasn't mentioned the next album since then, on any level. God only knows what he wants to do now.

I think Axl has had a rough idea of what the next CD is going to be, but prob. wants to involve the members of this band in on re-recording some parts. The more new songs they record, the less they're going to be doing the older songs, or at least change the setlist up a bit. I think all the songs from Chinese Democracy were played live at least once.

Electronics are now part of the GNR sound and it's likely that new songs will continue that way, but it's like calling Smashing Pumpkins an electronica band. I thiink Axl's gone closer to the Pumpkins than NIN as far as all thing electronic go. If you told people 15 years ago Smashing Pumpkins and GNR would have a similar sound 10 years from then, people would've thought you were crazy. Maybe Axl will be guest singing with Gorillaz or start doing side projects unrelated to GNR. Back in the day he used to do a lot of guest singing more often.

Of course he is, that's why the old band ended, because of Axl's "Vision" lol

There are two explanations for your post. Either Yyu didn't read a single post in the thread, not even the first one, or you're just trolling.

Good call :thumbsup:

Nothing he stated was really false. All the old members DID leave because of axls antics. They've all said it in the past.

Making the best out of a bad situation is something gnr fans have no choice but to do at this point. The nu band is at least playing a few shows, possibly previewing some nu songs, and there's no doubt they're at least good at giving a great show.

But why a few select people automatically blast other members for giving axl some well warranted criticism is just baffling. Its not "trolling". Its just frustrated fans. We all (myself included) need to start being more openminded to other viewpoints.

That is not the reason I said that. He simply missed all the points that were made previously on the thread. The fact that Axl was into that stuff in the 90's does not mean that he still likes it, more than 10 years later. It's not "obvious" as he stated, it's not because of "axl's vision" the band ended, it's for various factors, including the one you said, "axls antics", and not just musical differences.

Let's not turn this thread into a discussion.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Nothing he stated was really false. All the old members DID leave because of axls antics. They've all said it in the past.

Making the best out of a bad situation is something gnr fans have no choice but to do at this point. The nu band is at least playing a few shows, possibly previewing some nu songs, and there's no doubt they're at least good at giving a great show.

But why a few select people automatically blast other members for giving axl some well warranted criticism is just baffling. Its not "trolling". Its just frustrated fans. We all (myself included) need to start being more openminded to other viewpoints.

That is not the reason I said that. He simply missed all the points that were made previously on the thread. The fact that Axl was into that stuff in the 90's does not mean that he still likes it, more than 10 years later. It's not "obvious" as he stated, it's not because of "axl's vision" the band ended, it's for various factors, including the one you said, "axls antics", and not just musical differences.

Let's not turn this thread into a discussion.

They thrive on stating unconfirmed speculations like they are proven fact.Noticed several people doing this.

Not you though,GNR has always relied heavily on Axls vision,I'm glad of that. :thumbsup: