The Glow Inc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

Just a little tip to DJ from a Guns-fan:

Get rid of your hat and reconsider your place as a guitarist for GNR.

Just follow your heart, get back to Sixwhateverthenameis and stick to designing clothes. Seems like to be more your cup of tea.

Edited by siliconmessiah

That was not the point. This was about a tribute to Motley Crue and DJ comes out of nowhere and starts promoting his own bands...Wut teh feck ?

That's what he does, for better or worse really. He is a promotion whore. Although the most interesting thing is he said "we are leaving again in September", was that in reference to Guns? I thought the tour starts October 2nd?

Guest gunns5

That was not the point. This was about a tribute to Motley Crue and DJ comes out of nowhere and starts promoting his own bands...Wut teh feck ?

thats dj just being a businessman/promotion whore lol, seizing the opportunity to sell some more cds, its in bad taste but if the opportunity presents itself to grab a few more coins, it would be tempting..

Guest siliconmessiah

That's what he does, for better or worse really. He is a promotion whore. Although the most interesting thing is he said "we are leaving again in September", was that in reference to Guns? I thought the tour starts October 2nd?

Maybe there´ll be some rehearsal-shows? But wouldn´t they be announced by now?

Maybe not if they are planning to do some small venues...

Does anyone know anything?

Edited by siliconmessiah

It was a GNR ref..

But who care about that SSMF festival, celebration thing.. "Last year it was Slash, not its Motley.. " Ok that took away all credability.. Slash is great, but GNR would be the band that roamed on the strip.. Not Slash.. Otherwise they should start bringin' in Lemmy and not Motorhead and the rest of the guys that hang out at the rainbow, who's still alive that is..

Man I was dissapointed with the strip when I was there... I thought it was the last RNR bastion.. Apart from JD banners and some old rockers at the Rainbow, nothing happened.. The Whiskey was closed.. Well it was Friday after all and it was lame band playing there.. Its really just.. discouraging.. :(

Guest siliconmessiah

Man I was dissapointed with the strip when I was there... I thought it was the last RNR bastion.. Apart from JD banners and some old rockers at the Rainbow, nothing happened.. The Whiskey was closed.. Well it was Friday after all and it was lame band playing there.. Its really just.. discouraging.. :(

Ah.

Times do change.

I am too young for being able to see the strip in it´s glory days.

I remember when I was 13 years old, browsing through the cd/vinyl-collection of my best friends older brother. And we saw all the rock ´n roll show tickets hanging on his wall.

We cursed the fact that we were born too late, and thought we´d never see any of "the good bands" before they quit.

But we were able to grow up and see GNR, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica and Judas Priest anyway The band members had grown a little older, but certainly just as good.

I´m glad that they all hung on!

Ah, that was just a litte off topic. Sorry about that...=)

Edited by siliconmessiah

Maybe there´ll be some rehearsal-shows? But wouldn´t they be announced by now?

Maybe not if they are planning to do some small venues...

Does anyone know anything?

I remember a Guns member saying they hoped to be out before Rio a few months back...

I appreciate DJ Ashba's promo attitude more than Bumblefoot's "I'm your pal, I will play for you online, look at me" nonsense. That being said I hate Ashba's horror house with naked chicks everywhere but he's pretty good at marketing, good for him!

DJ promotes his bands, so what? It's good work, it's only fair for him to promote, that's how you do things in the real world, at least he's not being a hypocrite about it, as long as the material is good, then it's all good. I'm not a fan of the last Sixx Am album but it's still decent.

That being said, like I said once, it's hard for me to understand why these guys can't commit 100% to GNR instead of all having their stuff aside (Fortus touring with Thin Lizzy, Dizzy touring solo, Ashba with Sixx Am, Bumble touring solo, etc), my conception of a good band is that you only tour with your band. Does any member from Muse tour solo? Of course not. Did Axl Rose ever did a solo tour (ooh wait I'm waiting for the smartass comments "he's been touring solo for the last 10 years")? NO!

It's not like they stopped touring for 2 years, it's not even been a year since the tour ended!

^^Members of GNR have always done solo projects though, it's not something new. Axl seems to be the only one who sticks 100% to GNR (except for a few guest perormances on Baz's cd) I guess Axl enjoys the time off and needs to recharge for GNR where as the others might get bored sitting around for too long and therefor have other projects on the side, but GNR is always no. 1 prority.

One album every 14 years.

One tour every three years.

Must be the guitarists' fault !!!

BTW : promoting yourself when you're asked about something completely unrelated is douchey...

Kinda like Michael Jackson's father plugging his shitty label instead of talking of his son's death.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

well if this is our first solid clue at a US tour that's pretty cool, doubt it though.

Probably won't be a US tour in September. Elsewhere maybe, but November seems to be the word. Who knows though.

well i hope nobody shows up then, they've toured the world 3 times over without playing any American dates. For an American band, thats bullshit

well if this is our first solid clue at a US tour that's pretty cool, doubt it though.

Probably won't be a US tour in September. Elsewhere maybe, but November seems to be the word. Who knows though.

well i hope nobody shows up then, they've toured the world 3 times over without playing any American dates. For an American band, thats bullshit

I totally agree with you. If the do not tour the US this year, they deserve all the scrutiny they receive from the US media. Hell if they tour without a re-release or new album, then they deserve even more scrutiny.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Dj’s enthusiastic enough to address the matter of GN’R without even being asked, that’s cool (and a welcomed change from other players having to essentially be interrogated to provide a response to the most simplistic of GN’R related questions).