DJ Ashba talking about Motley Crue...

The Glow Inc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How a mockery of a rock band like Mötley Crüe can be an influence to anyone is beyond me.

To each their own but jesus christ...

Lol did you see the bands that were kissing Motleys' ass? They could not be anymore in love with themselves, seriously... Shit bands too...

One album every 14 years.

Oh yes right, Appetite was out in 87, and the two UYI in 1991... wait, oh my god that's only 4 years! And they even released an EP, GNR Lies, within that time.

You're basically making a rule out of one album? :rofl-lol:

One tour every three years.

Wait, what? First CD Tour: 2001, then 2002, then 2006-07, then 2009-2010, and now 2011. That makes 7 out of 10 years, and at least 4 real proper tours. Your "one tour every three years" logic is complete bullcrap once again.

Must be the guitarists' fault !!!

BTW : promoting yourself when you're asked about something completely unrelated is douchey...

Kinda like Michael Jackson's father plugging his shitty label instead of talking of his son's death.

You're complaining about honest criticism towards Bumble and yet you're constantly shitting on DJ Ashba. Work on your music and stop losing your time with your negativity.

Edited by D..

Guest siliconmessiah

First CD Tour: 2001, then 2002, then 2006-07, then 2009-2010, and now 2011.

The neverending Chinese Democracy World Tour continues as it´s time for Cash ´N Grabbers to go on another round!

I wonder if Axl flips coin wether he´s gonna start with ZOMFG Jungle or OMFG Chinese Democracy.

Edited by siliconmessiah

The neverending Chinese Democracy World Tour continues as it´s time for Cash ´N Grabbers to go on another round!

I wonder if Axl flips coin wether he´s gonna start with ZOMFG Jungle or OMFG Chinese Democracy.

You have to take in consideration that the CD lineup encountered 2 major changes in its lineup with the departure of Buckethead and Robin Finck. Axl isn't the type of guy to release one album per lineup just to "cash n grab" money as you say and as a lot of other bands do, he takes the time to put every piece of the puzzle together and make it work. If you want a band to work, you need alchemy, and it doesn't come within a year, it's a process of magic that's very long to work, sometimes it never works out.

Besides, the songs arrangement changed a lot with the different line up, it isn't the same jungle or november rain or anything that's being played every tour because some fondamental members change.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Interviewer : What do you think of Motley Crue ?

DJ : Well, I'll be on the road with Guns n' Roses in september. Buy tickets !

You’re complaining about Dj discussing a band you allege to be a fan of? OK.

I’m personally glad Dj chose to address the matter of GN’R rather than speak continuously about Mötley.

Maybe DJ is really working for Nikki Sixx in an attempt to get Axl Rose and Vince Neil in the ring?

I had Axl winning that fight back in the day despite the obvious weight disadvantage. I think if they boxed right now, Axl would win by an even larger margin.

Guest siliconmessiah

Axl is a prick because he doesnt do enough interviews.....Dj is a prick because he does too many......so basically, you "fans" will complain and bash no matter what Axl and any band members do. Got it.

Nah...hmm...I think it would be cool if they sometime would decide to do something together, like a...you know...band or something.

But...whatever. I guess.

Axl is a prick because he doesnt do enough interviews.....Dj is a prick because he does too many......so basically, you "fans" will complain and bash no matter what Axl and any band members do. Got it.

That wasn't the point at all, and you know it. I'm glad DJ is enthusiastic about being in GnR and I've always said it : his attitude is refreshing.

It's just that promoting yourself when you are not invited to and when the discussion is about something completely unrelated seems really impolite to me but whatever, maybe I'm just being sensitive...

That wasn't the point at all, and you know it. I'm glad DJ is enthusiastic about being in GnR and I've always said it : his attitude is refreshing.

It's just that promoting yourself when you are not invited to and when the discussion is about something completely unrelated seems really impolite to me but whatever, maybe I'm just being sensitive...

He was the last one interviewed on the video, who knows they told him to give it a closing, or gave him the liberty to do it.

Just a little tip to DJ from a Guns-fan:

Get rid of your hat and reconsider your place as a guitarist for GNR.

Just follow your heart, get back to Sixwhateverthenameis and stick to designing clothes. Seems like to be more your cup of tea.

I agree. I've never liked top hats, they're pretty lame. Slash should get rid of his hat too, would do him good. No kidding, they would look cooler.

Really?

Whenever you and your crew bash the real GnR fans on here, u always say that you all just provide honest criticism for us to discuss.....this post pretty much renders all of your defenses as useless.

This post was not serious, it was not part of a mature discussion, you are not trying to have an honest debate.

So bobo is telling me I post because I have a homosexual crush on him and that if you support Axl then you have his cock in your mouth. Silicon made the post he just made.

Classic.....these are the people you support on the forum. These are the guys using "free speech" to make this forum fun for GnR fans to post at.

But sailaway, volcano and myself.....people who are fans of Axl and GnR....we are the cupcakes and the people who should leave the forum.

Madison had her faults.....but these idiotic non-productive posts would not be tolerated if she was still here. Fucking ridiculous.

Guest gunns5

I'd rather if Guns opened up with Chinese Democracy instead of Welcome to the Jungle. The latter should be saved for an encore.

um they do open with Chinese Democracy, followed by Jungle :confused:

Guest siliconmessiah

Really?

Whenever you and your crew bash the real GnR fans on here, u always say that you all just provide honest criticism for us to discuss.....this post pretty much renders all of your defenses as useless.

This post was not serious, it was not part of a mature discussion, you are not trying to have an honest debate.

So bobo is telling me I post because I have a homosexual crush on him and that if you support Axl then you have his cock in your mouth. Silicon made the post he just made.

Classic.....these are the people you support on the forum. These are the guys using "free speech" to make this forum fun for GnR fans to post at.

But sailaway, volcano and myself.....people who are fans of Axl and GnR....we are the cupcakes and the people who should leave the forum.

Madison had her faults.....but these idiotic non-productive posts would not be tolerated if she was still here. Fucking ridiculous.

I just posted my view on the fact that The Chinese Democracy (and AFD) World Tour goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

I can´t see how that is not honest criticism that deserves to be discussed?

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

God damn I want this guy out of the band.

Yes, me too.

Can´t believe he got the job of all the guitarists out there.

The generic L.A rock route was something I didn´t think Axl would take after all these years.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Sixx AM isn't really a touring band, even though they went on the road. Nikki felt Crue's live shows are where the money's at, band relationships are as good as they've ever been, and got to be the Kings of Sunset for a weekend. He was there to support a band he's worked with. But why Bush was there... Gavin wanted out of babysitting that night? Parking must've been a huge hassle, I don't remember if the train line is anywhere near there, and if you're from out of the LA area, can't park on side streets. I'm sure "pothole king" Tony Villaraigosa will say it lowered unemployment and use it to get votes.

Not sure what the big deal about DJ promoting during an interview. Why would someone his age talk about how Motley had an affect on him, when he's pretty damn close to Nikki's age (but no one's close to Mick's age).

6b.jpg?w=300&h=274

It was a heavily sponsored event. You see all the logos in the back.

Groghan's right, on this page of discussion at least haha.

On topic, that video is PAINFULLY embarrassing. You can tell by the end of his sales pitch even he knows he's being a douche.... who does that?.. God damn I want this guy out of the band. Pimping out not one, but two of his products when they were just getting people to pay respects to Crue.

Uber lame.

disagree with wanting him out of the band, but yeah that was embarrassing to watch