bigcountry

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already bitching about a setlist for a show that hasn't happened yet

<_<

Does that surprise anyone? Not me

So you don't think it's worthy of comment that it appears this tour is going to consist entirely of old material?

<_<

So you don't think it's worthy of comment that it appears this tour is going to consist entirely of old material?

What material made you a fan?

Sorry you appear to have missed the part when I said I'd be happy if greatest hits meant more Illusions material? I'm just concerned that it appears the band has come full circle. I don't get the excitement that I did when Bucket, Robin, Brain lineup were together or for that matter the original lineup cos this says to me that we're moving into pure nostalgia act territory.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

<_<

What material made you a fan?

Sorry you appear to have missed the part when I said I'd be happy if greatest hits meant more Illusions material? I'm just concerned that it appears the band has come full circle. I don't get the excitement that I did when Bucket, Robin, Brain lineup were together or for that matter the original lineup cos this says to me that we're moving into pure nostalgia act territory.

Yup sorry, I missed that part. I guess I'm just fortunate because I like this version of the band better. I'm excited and I hope they make it close enough for me to travel to.

Yup sorry, I missed that part. I guess I'm just fortunate because I like this version of the band better. I'm excited and I hope they make it close enough for me to travel to.

I also like them as I do all versions of the band they just don't excite me in the way that the original or 2002 lineups did. Personally I have my suspicions that we may see something a little different in Rio and that the whole greatest hits thing is purely catering to the US market and what people want over there. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Azoff had something to do with this either. We know he was desperate for a reunion and maybe part of the US tour deal was that they play the hits to guarantee higher profits for the tour.

I also like them as I do all versions of the band they just don't excite me in the way that the original or 2002 lineups did. Personally I have my suspicions that we may see something a little different in Rio and that the whole greatest hits thing is purely catering to the US market and what people want over there. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Azoff had something to do with this either. We know he was desperate for a reunion and maybe part of the US tour deal was that they play the hits to guarantee higher profits for the tour.

I think that Rio Might give us a clue what to expect. I'm expecting them to go all out there and if they do play anything new, I'm sure they will play it here too.