Would 'The General' or 'Atlas Shrugged" increase interest in a US tour?

Chinese Prostitute

I think even just a single song leaking, or even 30 seconds would set off a shit storm that would undoubtedly ignite the boards and boost ticket sales.

When guns music leaks the news spreads all over the music sites so it's all rock music lovers who get to hear about it.

The OP is bang on, in 2006 those leaks made the gigs fantastic

Not even 1% of the ticket sales will be to people on the boards - the community is very small. Most people are going because of the classic songs - some may go because they genuinely like the Chi Dem and the new lineup - but the vast majority aren't on boards.

Of course.

I agree!

These guys have an opportunity to move the band forward and preview tracks that several of them were responsible for creating. instead, it appears that we may be getting a "greatest hits" tour or a "they haven't toured chinese democracy in the states properly" BS ... (like 2002 and 2006 wasn't enough) !!

I'm attending the orlando show but i would be willing to attend more if axl started acting like he wanted to move the new era forward, like he promised many times throughout the past decade and a half.

i say if we don't hear new stuff one way or the other on this tour, this band is offically over. it would be hard to argue that they are anything more than a nostalgia act ..

Have they even been writing new stuff though? Your definition of "new" stuff would still be songs that have been in the vault for years played by guys who aren't even in the band. I'm happy with any setlist. I love so many songs it would be impossible for me to narrow it down to what I'd like to hear.

Not that any news coming from Gn'R ever seems to really stick, but the band did promise via Facebook to release some music right? As a New Year's Resolution. It would be killer if they suddenly leaked a couple snippets of stuff before during or after the Rio show and kickstart the US tour that way.

I think that if CD II was tied to the US tour with a single it would make them feel special.

but I get the impression nobody is on board in this marketing role for GNR there's no manager with these kind of douchey ideas or a way of making them happen. it's really now just pure integrity in the face of a celebrity culture on it's knees.

Maybe for us fans but as for the general public: no.

Things that the new band could do to make it more customer friendly:

- Hire one member from the old band, etc. Izzy, to join the tour and promo it

- Release a DVD, album and PROMO it

- Fire Bumblefoot and bring back Bucket

- De-mote Frank back to a drum-tech and bring back THE Brain of the beat

- Hire Vince Neil as a background singer

- Bad-mouth Slash in public, call him a toaster (blabberouch would be on that in a sec)

- Leak some topless images of Axl

- Hire a manager, yes I said hire - not fire, burn or semi-fire

- Work with the manager and take a hint or two

- Play Sucker-Train-Blues and praise Slash while doing it

- Axl tells the public that Matt Sorum is really a woman and he wishes her all the best

- One long exlusieve interview with Pittman for Seventeen Magazine, inc. a poster

etc. etc. etc.

So there are a ton of things! Go do em...

Maybe for us fans but as for the general public: no.

Things that the new band could do to make it more customer friendly:

- Hire one member from the old band, etc. Izzy, to join the tour and promo it

- Release a DVD, album and PROMO it

- Fire Bumblefoot and bring back Bucket

- De-mote Frank back to a drum-tech and bring back THE Brain of the beat

- Hire Vince Neil as a background singer

- Bad-mouth Slash in public, call him a toaster (blabberouch would be on that in a sec)- Leak some topless images of Axl- Hire a manager, yes I said hire - not fire, burn or semi-fire

- Work with the manager and take a hint or two

- Play Sucker-Train-Blues and praise Slash while doing it

- Axl tells the public that Matt Sorum is really a woman and he wishes her all the best

- One long exlusieve interview with Pittman for Seventeen Magazine, inc. a poster

etc. etc. etc.

So there are a ton of things! Go do em...

How is that supposed to help?

Catcher should be a hit.

i agree i just don't see non guns fans in agreement to that

I actually thinks the one I'd play to non fans. Simple vocal you can hear nice tune. I can see people singing along to it.

Catcher, If The World and This I Love for mainstream pop audience.