Willing to bet.....

LA_0013

Putting my neck on the line here (well, not really)....

But I'm willing to bet any money, that there are no new songs played, the setlist pretty much follows the same blueprint of 2 years ago (a CD/Appetite megamix), and Axl looks exactly the same, moustache and all. We may get a curveball in there (Estranged), but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. The band has been following this tired formula since 2002 - albeit they introduced some new songs when the album came out.

I always laugh when band memebers say they are 'rehearsing.' Surely they don't need to rehearse, when they've been playing 80% of the setlist for years.... :confused:

If I'm proved wrong - all the better.

LA

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did play either a new song (or two) and/or a old song that hasn't been played for a long time (possibly Estranged or Civil War)

I mean, it's Rock In Rio, the biggest music festival in the world. It'll be streamed live the thousands of people around the world, and there also the 100,000 that are there live. What better place to at least re-introduce a old song back into the set-list.

If they play the same similar set-list as they had in 2009-2010, whatever. At least I got to see it live on Youtube. But for the bands benefit I think it would be best to have a surprise or two.

But I'm willing to bet any money, that there are no new songs played, the setlist pretty much follows the same blueprint of 2 years ago (a CD/Appetite megamix), and Axl looks exactly the same, moustache and all. We may get a curveball in there (Estranged), but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. The band has been following this tired formula since 2002 - albeit they introduced some new songs when the album came out.

I always laugh when band memebers say they are 'rehearsing.' Surely they don't need to rehearse, when they've been playing 80% of the setlist for years.... :confused:

LA

They're not rehearsing because they don't know how their parts go. They do it in order to sound tighter, and perhaps to tweak and change some things or aranements. So you're laughing 'cause you don't get it.

I bet things actually change a lot. There were hints on Facebook earlier of releasing some new music earlier in the year. I think the idea is being discussed. The albatross called Chinese Democracy is out. It was a nice album that fits in well with the GnR catalog. Not Appetite but not as bad as the ridicule it received by a long shot. I happen to think songs like Better, Madagascar, This I Love will definitely stand the test of time. Maybe Prostitute. There is no rule that every song a band writes needs to be a classic. The other songs on the album are just fine. But - with the release and ridicule over I think Axl can now go out and freely do what he wants. Rock bottom was hit a long time ago. I'm expecting a new setlist with more Illusion songs, maybe a new song or two to prime the pump for the next album, and traditional classics that the non-message board people want to hear. I think 2012 will be a nice year for GnR assuming they have the material written. U.S. Tour, RnR HOF induction, etc. Round 3 starts Sunday.

The albatross called Chinese Democracy is out

More like the pigeon

songs like Better, Madagascar, This I Love will definitely stand the test of time. Maybe Prostitute.

Really? They've not really stood until 2011. Or 2010 for that matter

Rock bottom was hit a long time ago.

There's been no pheonix from the ashes either

I think 2012 will be a nice year for GnR

Just like 1999, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 ,10 and 11?... Good luck with that one

:A

Edited by LA_0013

More like the pigeon

songs like Better, Madagascar, This I Love will definitely stand the test of time. Maybe Prostitute.

Just like 1999, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 ,10 and 11?... Good luck with that one

LOL!!!!!

im willing to bet they cancel a handful of show due to lack of ticket sales.

Of course they will. They've done it before, and they will do it again. Chinese Democracy Tour 5 (or 6 or whatever) doesn't seem so exiting as the first one.

Hey nipple boy if you are not content with GNR fuck off.

ohhh yeah fuck off nipple boy :kiss: ... but dont go away ... i need someone like nipple boy to laugh at!!!! :lol:

lol for shits and giggles how much you willing to bet?

I bet $50 USD that something new is played. I don't mean Estranged, Don't Cry or a cover, but something totally new. It may not be played in its entirety, but I think they fuck around with a new joint.

$50?

You win, I Paypal you the $50 (send mod receipt as proof), I win you Paypal me $50.

You accept?

Threads like this are useless.

And stupid!

That they may be........ but given the history..i wouldnt bet against it....for GNR its a given formula now..proven to pay off. In America nostagia sells..especially now thatthe original fanbase is almost done raising kids, turning middle aged and looking back at allthe bands that made going to concerts fun.

As long as SCOM, WTTJ NR and RQ ..99% of their audience will be drooling and raving about the time they got to see GNR play!

Obviously Axl isnt interested in making THIS band the "next biggest going concern anymore..if he was..there is, at his disposal vast amounts of possibilities to do so...least of them LEAST is some fanbase interaction/promotion.Twitter, Youtube, a functional website!! meet and greets, Facebook..random drop in appearances ect...hell for the ugly fun of it.. plaster Sunset strip with flyers just for the shits and giggles it would generate like in the old days.. in short: act interested in your product enough to create interest in a 5 second attention span world of oversaturated crappy music listeners..

Goes like this "hey boys and girls in MYGNRLAND..were gearing up for the biggest fucking show in the world where we still command headliner status and for all you that have stuck with us through all the shit.. weve got a treat for you.... weve got it and you want it! SOO were going to give it to you like we've never done it before.... were going to be doing something you all have never heard before..so stay tuned!!! Look for us to be promoting the fucking shit out of our upcoming album due out by ____________________!!! The guys and I have been working our asses off getting this album ready for what I think is the definative GNR record ever put out. Im excited by it..and looking forward to playing it for you...'Uncle Axl"

Headlines the next day: Axl Rose says NEW ALBUM is the DEFINATIVE GNR album ever recorded and promises to play new material never heard before at Rock in Rio and the following North American tour''

Wow..that took about thirty seconds to do...complete bullshit unfortunately but to the point..At thsi stage of the game they dont have to do one thing different than what they have for the last 10 years...if you got the money honey....

This may be a bit off-topic here, but talking about RIR has me asking: I know they're streaming RIR on youtube. I have work at Midnight going from Sunday-Monday Eastern Standard Time. I need my beauty sleep so I won't be able to watch it. Will it be on the internet (preferably youtube) afterwards in some form or will I miss my chance?

Edited by GnRDuff1

More like the pigeon

Well, inspite of that, you are still here following the band.

LA

I'm pretty confident/willing to bet we get at least 1 new song + 1 curve in the set (Estranged + Civil War perhaps?) I know it pays to be negative, cuz then you don't have to get your hopes up (That's what alot of ppl on this board seem to thrive on---it IS GNR after all) but hopefully tonight we are all rewarded.