Estranged, thoughts.....

bloodyhell1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that this thread was started about a song that was written, put in an album, and performed by members of the original band says it all. The "Saul" haters keep going because that is all you got. You do not have any new music, Axl God Bless him is disaster in a yellow coat, and his band cannot get by in a concert without playing the music from original members like "Saul"! And the sad part is that some of that music was the hi light of the concert.

All the "Saul" haters complain when a Slashite says something in this forum remember that you started this one!

Without playing music from original members? I't's always been GNR and GNR are playing GNR songs (better than before actually)

:kiss:

Oh come on now..Picasso painted Picasso..Rembrant painted Rembrant ect ect...other very talented artist in their own rights attempted to recreate him..but they were not him...that goes up and down the across many genres of artistic endeavor...GNR is much more than the collective of its personell..if it wasnt Yall wouldnt give a good goddamn about its central figure. "better is subjective...authentic is objective..a copy cat is still a copycat. what ever makes you stiff i guess ..but the proof is there...so far what Ive heard is an amazing tribute band.

The valid argument is this band has only the identity born of those that made it. Even CD was largely by other artists in the collective cooperative...NO one denies that this band has it all... but it is keen to note that they celebrate Slash Izzy and Duff everytime they play a riff chord note and song that they put their stamp on. Back then they were members and not as these fellas -employees of GNR.Paycheck boys. Hired help.a paying gig is a paying gig after all...not having to sweat it out and produce any new material is a bonus i guess. Show up at appointed time and play songs somebody else wrote for you and have your accountant cash your checks and put them into the bank while your out of town...good job! Every tour that trots out the classics is a way of paying homage and tribute to those that sweated blood to make it a world class band. To Piss on any of the alumni players is like pissing into the wind....I have to laugh at all of you that do that to yourselves..you call for the classics and then...show your ignorance for the very genious that made those classics iconic...like bragging about this new band being "better'... better than what.. you see them lighting any fires under the worlds ass yet? Whats it been now...10 years...6?? 14?? still faceless.. albumless...and still unless theres new stuff to be performed tonight..new songless. Not demanding to have any of those things makes them...GUTLESS.... and still I see them playing 25 year old songs without a single collective song of their own to demonstrate all through this next mini tour.