Why do you think Axl is so gun shy?

ITW 2012

Record company don't interesting to realise gnr cd???????

Everything is ok,with your brain?Do ypu really think that one of the biggest bands in history of rnr music have a trouble with record company to realize new cd??????

Yes. They are GNR in name only. The record company wants the GNR who did Appetite For Destruction. Me, I just want Axl to be free to put out whatever kind of music he feels like making.

Edited by ITW 2012

Why is everyone so hopeful about new songs played in U.S.? , America houses this biggest shit talkers and spoiled brats the world over, do you really think uncle axl is going to sit us on his knee and sing sweet lullabies that will all be critisized and unappreciated?

What I don't understand is, what's the problem with a song getting heard live? Songs by bands are supposed to be heard. "It's like a song leaking these days if you play it live..."

Well yes and no. See I get the leaks being an issue because people may hear versions of songs that aren't ready/how you want them to be. A Live representation is always going to be different so it doesn't matter. It's road testing a song, maybe seeing what works what doesn't and taking the learnings into the studio.

BUT still my over all question in point is: What's the problem with people hearing your music. Unless it's shit and embarrassing I don't get the problem. People will always illegally download songs before/after an official release anyway. So sales won't be affected, unless it's shit and will put them off buying the album. But again you shouldn't be releasing shit songs.

Get the music out there if you're proud of it. get people wanting a new album and maybe the record company will forget about the chinese democracy album and support a new release. I get the fact that Axl is out of shape and his voice is rubbish at the moment, so if that's the case, then do what someone else suggested and release a song for free on your website, or release it via iTunes for 80p and get some buzz going.

These ideas have been around forever and GNR never take them up so there's no reason they will now. There are no reasons why new songs are played except for the decision of Axl, and no doubt it's the fact he has no confidence in the songs, himself, and the music business/press anymore.

I think I usually dislike your posts, but you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.

People keep talking like it is this fine "art" that Axl has created and if he wants to keep his art to himself, how dare we - as fans - ask for it.

Axl is a rock and roll singer. He makes music for fans to listen to. If he wants to create art just for himself.....then don't go on the road for years at a time, don't tell the fans you have and are going to release new music, don't tell fans you have albums planned. TELL fans you are NOT going to release any new music and that they should just sit back and enjoy all the old songs when GnR comes to their town on tour. But don't tell us you have new music, and then never release it.

It is ROCK AND ROLL. It is MUSIC.

Share it with your fans. Make millions of people happy. Make millions of dollars for yourself.

Pretty simple.

America houses this biggest shit talkers and spoiled brats the world over, do you really think uncle axl is going to sit us on his knee and sing sweet lullabies that will all be critisized and unappreciated?

Actually that would be Europe and those soon to be under water British Isles that houses the biggest shit talkers, hate to break it to ya.

Americans are just fat and gullible, but are not the biggest shit talkers.

America houses this biggest shit talkers and spoiled brats the world over, do you really think uncle axl is going to sit us on his knee and sing sweet lullabies that will all be critisized and unappreciated?

Actually that would be Europe and those soon to be under water British Isles that houses the biggest shit talkers, hate to break it to ya.

Australia recently overtook the US in fat people per capita. We're now number two. And isn't it ironic that America gets ripped to shreds and mocked by Guns N Roses fans when the band and singer/icon they worship is American? It's always good for a laugh.

Australia recently overtook the US in fat people per capita. We're now number two. And isn't it ironic that America gets ripped to shreds and mocked by Guns N Roses fans when the band and singer/icon they worship is American? It's always good for a laugh.

Australians have better senses of humor than Americans though, on average. lulz and i'm an american

Australians have better senses of humor than Americans though, on average. lulz and i'm an american

Pffft. My ex wife is Australian. Try making fun of Ian Thorpe or their national swimming team. Or try ripping on their favorite AFL team for that fact. THEN you'll see just how good of a sense of humor they have lol.

Edited by Nintari

It's best when artists keep evolving. Like seriously, who wants to listen to the type of retro shit that people like Jack White make? Him and Dave Grohl are the worst mainstream rock musicians alive. I SERIOUSLY FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

Jack White not evolving? Hmmmm,

If you can't see the difference between White Blood Cells -> Elephant -> Get Behind Me Satan you must not have listened.

Dave Grohl is decent, he's better than Nickelback, Staind, Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, etc etc etc. He's also an AMAZING drummer (see Them Crooked Vultures and of course Nirvana)

I'm not trying to argue, there's just a lot worse people out there than these two dudes.

Jack White takes music of the past and makes second rate shit songs out of it; just like Wolfmother does. And Dave Grohl makes boring middle of the road diet rock.

It's best when artists keep evolving. Like seriously, who wants to listen to the type of retro shit that people like Jack White make? Him and Dave Grohl are the worst mainstream rock musicians alive. I SERIOUSLY FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

Jack White not evolving? Hmmmm,

If you can't see the difference between White Blood Cells -> Elephant -> Get Behind Me Satan you must not have listened.

Dave Grohl is decent, he's better than Nickelback, Staind, Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, etc etc etc. He's also an AMAZING drummer (see Them Crooked Vultures and of course Nirvana)

I'm not trying to argue, there's just a lot worse people out there than these two dudes.

Jack White takes music of the past and makes second rate shit songs out of it; just like Wolfmother does. And Dave Grohl makes boring middle of the road diet rock.

That reminds, I need to go listen to "seven nation army", but seriously I hate Dave Grohl I have tried painstakingly to find what the appeal is of this muffled, cut and paste chanting by a guy who looks and acts like a monkey with Parkinson, and he was in a band that destroyed and crippled rock n roll and its image.............I wonder what the Illuminati has against great artists?

New songs will come once the US tour is done and CD has been fully toured around the world (a few times). Then CD session songs will be released shortly thereafter. And then a new album. And then goodbye tour... FACT!

Edited by Coma16

and he was in a band that destroyed and crippled the particular kind of rock n roll that I like, along with its image.

Fixed.

Great fix.

I'm always amazed at people who "hate" certain artists or types of music. And it never is some lessor known band or singer, but a band/singer that has gained some success. I don't hate any music, band or singer with a passion. I give every new song - regardless who it is released by - a chance to see what it sounds like. If I don't like it or even thing it is terrible - then i simply choose to not listen to it. I wouldn't invest enough energy into it to move to the "hate" stage.

I love all types of music, regardless if it is popular or not, or who sings it. And each new song is a unique experience that has nothing to do with past songs.

Foo Fighters are a great example. They have songs that I can't stand, like the mentos song, which I thought was a joke the first time I heard it. But I loved Everlong and Times Like These. Same thing with U2. Some of there songs make me cringe. But I love other ones.

and he was in a band that destroyed and crippled the particular kind of rock n roll that I like, along with its image.

Fixed.

lol

Fixed.

lol

I love all types of music not just rock n roll, I just don't like an artist that infringes on a certain genre destroys it integrity and gets rewarded for it, that's all.

Fixed.

lol

Fixed.

lol

I love all types of music not just rock n roll, I just don't like an artist that infringes on a certain genre destroys it integrity and gets rewarded for it, that's all.

But what if that artist is just staying true to himself?

Grohl wrote the first Foo's album (apparently, from what I've read). He was writing songs while in Nirvana, that didn't fit the Nirvana genre.

When that band ended, Grohl produced an album where he wrote every lyric and musical note, and he played every instrument on it.

That isn't a guy trying to destroy a genre. That sounds like a guy who is trying to put out the music that he loves.

He writes and creates the music that he enjoys and loves.......I don't get the destroying/crippling thing? Should he try and follow some old formula, instead of creating his own music?

Why do you think Axl is so gun shy? I get that the record company probably isn't interested in releasing another New GNR album, but what is stopping Axl from playing some new songs on this tour? Do you think he's just been waiting to get his voice back before debuting new songs?

It's more like his 1) ego and 2) (the lack of) 'logistics' has gotten into the way.

He can't downplay his earlier grandstanding, because the man is all about pride and not backing down, and then there is the fact that there really is no more supportive framework that would be willing to risk any effort on 'the red haired one's' insanity. Who would want to gamble three million on Axl, the guy who doesn't do press, does a copout on his 10+ years in the making album, tops it off by going AWOL on record company executives on the eve of the release of albums? Axl just can't be trusted, so there is no support for an album, eventhough anyone of the remaining 4 record companies would love to cash in on the affair ...

its not like you can blame the industry players for shying away from Axl.

He's got a pretty damn bad track record if you take into equation,

the past 10 years of silence, misery and unfulfilled promises.

The whole industry knows there is money in new GNR.

Particularly records, since they keep touring them.

It's just that, if you give Axl money to record.

He will fail to deliver on his promises.

The cookies crumble this way.

I feel a little sad about it all.

I wanted to hear CD II.

Apparently I won't.

:(

Fixed.

Great fix.

I'm always amazed at people who "hate" certain artists or types of music. And it never is some lessor known band or singer, but a band/singer that has gained some success. I don't hate any music, band or singer with a passion. I give every new song - regardless who it is released by - a chance to see what it sounds like. If I don't like it or even thing it is terrible - then i simply choose to not listen to it. I wouldn't invest enough energy into it to move to the "hate" stage.

I love all types of music, regardless if it is popular or not, or who sings it. And each new song is a unique experience that has nothing to do with past songs.

Foo Fighters are a great example. They have songs that I can't stand, like the mentos song, which I thought was a joke the first time I heard it. But I loved Everlong and Times Like These. Same thing with U2. Some of there songs make me cringe. But I love other ones.

I agree except for the hatred thing. There is one thing that I just can't stand to the point of pure hatred and disgust and that's people who hire studio song writers to write their albums/hits for them and then parade around like they're talented or an icon. Those people make me sick because imo, they're nothing more than a paid actor or actress. It's fraudulent by nature to take credit for something that someone else did and so when I see people winning a grammy without ever writing a lick of music? Man, fuck that.

As long as it's YOUR music that you wrote yourself and you're doing it for artistic purposes, I'm cool. Doesn't matter what genre either.

Edited by Nintari

Why do you think Axl is so gun shy? I get that the record company probably isn't interested in releasing another New GNR album, but what is stopping Axl from playing some new songs on this tour? Do you think he's just been waiting to get his voice back before debuting new songs?

It's more like his 1) ego and 2) (the lack of) 'logistics' has gotten into the way.

He can't downplay his earlier grandstanding, because the man is all about pride and not backing down, and then there is the fact that there really is no more supportive framework that would be willing to risk any effort on 'the red haired one's' insanity. Who would want to gamble three million on Axl, the guy who doesn't do press, does a copout on his 10+ years in the making album, tops it off by going AWOL on record company executives on the eve of the release of albums? Axl just can't be trusted, so there is no support for an album, eventhough anyone of the remaining 4 record companies would love to cash in on the affair ...

its not like you can blame the industry players for shying away from Axl.

He's got a pretty damn bad track record if you take into equation,

the past 10 years of silence, misery and unfulfilled promises.

The whole industry knows there is money in new GNR.

Particularly records, since they keep touring them.

It's just that, if you give Axl money to record.

He will fail to deliver on his promises.

The cookies crumble this way.

I feel a little sad about it all.

I wanted to hear CD II.

Apparently I won't.

:(

Fixed.

Great fix.

I agree except for the hatred thing. There is one thing that I just can't stand to the point of pure hatred and disgust and that's people who hire studio song writers to write their albums/hits for them and then parade around like they're talented or an icon. Those people make me sick because imo, they're nothing more than a paid actor or actress. It's fraudulent by nature to take credit for something that someone else did and so when I see people winning a grammy without ever writing a lick of music? Man, fuck that.

As long as it's YOUR music that you wrote yourself and you're doing it for artistic purposes, I'm cool. Doesn't matter what genre either.

Agree 100%