During the solos, what does Axl do to regain his voice?

Cosmo

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to vocal exercises, but... we all know the various member solos throughout the concerts are, in a big way, there to let Axl take a rest vocally and physically during the concerts, as well as for figurine changes. I have seen a video here a while ago that showed a booth Axl goes to during those solos, that had sorta like an oxygen mask for Axl. The thing is - if WE get voiceless the next day after a concert just by singing with the crowd, how do the frontmen do it? What does Axl do to make through about twenty songs without having a big vocal drop at the end? Do any of you know what are the normal vocal exercises used by frontmen in these occasions? Just wondering.... :shrugs: If you guys can help me out, I'll be grateful!

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to vocal exercises, but... we all know the various member solos throughout the concerts are, in a big way, there to let Axl take a rest vocally and physically during the concerts, as well as for figurine changes. I have seen a video here a while ago that showed a booth Axl goes to during those solos, that had sorta like an oxygen mask for Axl. The thing is - if WE get voiceless the next day after a concert just by singing with the crowd, how do the frontmen do it? What does Axl do to make through about twenty songs without having a big vocal drop at the end? Do any of you know what are the normal vocal exercises used by frontmen in these occasions? Just wondering.... :shrugs: If you guys can help me out, I'll be grateful!

You have a hard time talking because you're not "singing" you're "screaming". You don't realize how LOUD you are in that kind of environment. Axl has amplification so he doesn't (in theory) need to SCREAM.

Also it's easy to blow out your voice if you're not singing properly. Anyone who's done karaoke and tried a song they shouldn't do know this.

Axl can do it because he knows his voice and does warmups. And he protects it by not singing like how he used to in the 90s "aw, forget my technique, I'll just scream this out to hit the notes!"

The way singers sing is completely different from the way you or I might sing a song. They have vocal coaches who teach them to do different things with their throat muscles with the way they sing. I never really cared enough to research it, but there was a vocal coach as a guest on Conan O'Brien years back and the way she explained it then was very interesting. She apparently worked with a lot of metal bands' lead vocalists.