The very best performances ever

Axl Rose aka God

So I've gotten really good at upscaling and remastering footage and upscaling audio by adding fidelity. With this I've decided to try my hand at remastering some Guns N' Roses footage. However, I need some help from all of you. Well, most of you. Not the double talkin' jive motherfuckers.

I'm looking for recommendations of footage. Preferably pro-shot. If a recent performance was considered one of the greatest but is only available in fan-cam footage or something I'll consider it, pending that the quality isn't beyond remastering. So what I'm looking for is five to ten performances of particular songs. You vote which is the best corresponding to the decade/time next to the song. I've given fifteen options incase you feel one song doesn't belong in the compilation or incase I'm feeling bold. Sound good? Plus, this topic is great for deciding what the best performances are anyway!

1. Chinese Democracy (2006 onward. Not accepting 2001 or 2002 because the song sounded differently)

2. Welcome to the Jungle (any time, would prefer not to use The Ritz in 88)

3. Sweet Child O' Mine (1980s)

4. Better (I'm thinking Rock Am Ring 2006 but its up to you guys)

5. Nightrain (any time period)

6. Paradise City (1990's)

7. November Rain (1990's)

8. Rocket Queen (any time period)

9. Perfect Crime (any time period)

10. Don't Cry (any time period)

11. You Could Be Mine (1990's)

12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (2000's, I'm thinking Rock Am Ring 2006)

13. Estranged (any time period)

14. Catcher in the Rye (obvious...)

15. Civil War (1990s)

It's very hard to limit this list to merely ten songs, or even five. I had trouble picking fifteen options honestly but I think these songs have all sounded great live when I've heard them. So get to choosing! Name the show, the date, and possibly a link to the performance.

1. Chinese Democracy - (2002 Boston / 2006 Download Festival / 2006 Los Angeles)

2. Welcome to the Jungle (1988 VMA Awards)

3. Sweet Child O' Mine (1988 Ritz / 1988 Tokyo)

4. Better (2006 Rock AM Ring)

5. Nightrain (1988 Ritz / 1993 Argentina / 2006 Rock AM Ring)

6. Paradise City (1993 Argentina)

7. November Rain (1993 Argentina)

8. Rocket Queen (1987 London / 1988 Ritz / 1988 Tokyo / 1992 Tokyo)

9. Perfect Crime (1991 Noblesville / 1991 St. Louis)

10. Don't Cry (1992 Chicago (ft. Shannon Hoon))

11. You Could Be Mine (1993 Argentina)

12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute / 2006 KROQ / 2006 Rock AM Ring)

13. Estranged (1992 Tokyo)

14. Catcher in the Rye (2010 Acoustic Paris Show)

15. Civil War (1992 Chicago)

Hope those suggestions help, they should all be in very good quality, as I'm pretty sure we've soundboards for nearly all of these or very good audience recordings.

So I've gotten really good at upscaling and remastering footage and upscaling audio by adding fidelity. With this I've decided to try my hand at remastering some Guns N' Roses footage. However, I need some help from all of you. Well, most of you. Not the double talkin' jive motherfuckers.

I'm looking for recommendations of footage. Preferably pro-shot. If a recent performance was considered one of the greatest but is only available in fan-cam footage or something I'll consider it, pending that the quality isn't beyond remastering. So what I'm looking for is five to ten performances of particular songs. You vote which is the best corresponding to the decade/time next to the song. I've given fifteen options incase you feel one song doesn't belong in the compilation or incase I'm feeling bold. Sound good? Plus, this topic is great for deciding what the best performances are anyway!

1. Chinese Democracy (2006 onward. Not accepting 2001 or 2002 because the song sounded differently)

2. Welcome to the Jungle (any time, would prefer not to use The Ritz in 88)

3. Sweet Child O' Mine (1980s)

4. Better (I'm thinking Rock Am Ring 2006 but its up to you guys)

5. Nightrain (any time period)

6. Paradise City (1990's)

7. November Rain (1990's)

8. Rocket Queen (any time period)

9. Perfect Crime (any time period)

10. Don't Cry (any time period)

11. You Could Be Mine (1990's)

12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (2000's, I'm thinking Rock Am Ring 2006)

13. Estranged (any time period)

14. Catcher in the Rye (obvious...)

15. Civil War (1990s)

It's very hard to limit this list to merely ten songs, or even five. I had trouble picking fifteen options honestly but I think these songs have all sounded great live when I've heard them. So get to choosing! Name the show, the date, and possibly a link to the performance.

1. Chinese Democracy » RIR 2001 (imho the best pro-shot version of the song, I liked the raw punk style it had back then)

2. Welcome To The Jungle » Tokyo 1992, Chicago 1992, Florida 2011

3. Sweet Child O' Mine » Tokyo 1988 (I believe)

4. Better » Download Festival 2006, LA 2006 (It's not proshot but it shits all over the Rock Am Ring performance)

5. Nightrain » Rock Am Ring 2006 (hands down)

6. Paradise City » Freddie Mercury tribute

7. November Rain » Indiana(?) 1991, It was the first time they played it live I believe. Anyway, it was a stripped down version and it was awesome.

8. Rocket Queen » London 2010, Osaka 2007, Toronto 2010

9. Perfect Crime » Indiana 1991, St.Louis 1991

10. Don't Cry » St.Petersburg 2010, Tokyo 1992

11. You Could Be Mine » Oklahoma 1992, Paris 1992

12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door » Rock Am Ring 2006, Tokyo 2010

13. Estranged » Anything fromm 2011 (except Rock In Rio), and MAYBE Indiana 1991 if you don't want a 2011 version ( <_< )

14. Catcher in the Rye » L'Arc Paris 2010 (private acoustic show)

15. Civil War » Oklahoma 1992

Hope this helps a little!

Nightrain Rock Am Ring '06. hands-down my favorite Nightrain ever.

Madagascar, Budapest '06? (he changes the ending just a tad, brings the note up much higher, just beautiful), and of course - Boston '02.

This I Love, Prague '10, San Sebastian 10/10/10

Whole Lotta Rosie, that intro. clip GNR Poalnd uses where Axl nails the intro scream and takes it higher...sweet.

Sailing, the non-acoustic version. Fucking unbelievable vocals from Axl.

Better, Download...he's pissed, doesn't move, but sounds fucking great.

Nice Boys, London with Duff...Axl sounds AMAZING!

Those are just a few of the many special performances GNR has delivered in my opinion.