Civil War and Yesterdays

Kid A

Does anyone know why Axl refuses to play these live with the new band? Has he said anything in any interviews before?

Personally I wish he would drop either Live and Let Die, Riff Raff, or Rosie for one of these, particularly Yesterdays.

He cant sing em anymore with the voice and power you dream he can...The songs wouldent been done justice with a weak mickey mouse voice. Shame, civil war would rock

I've never been one to complain about setlists or what the do and don't play live much, but I've always thought ever since the original comeback 10 years ago that Civil War would be incredible with the new band (all variations of it over the past 10 years too).

A8R

BBF said yesterday that he loves Civil War and yesterdays and thet they were on the list of songs to add to the set.

...Really??

Yes he did. SOmeone asked him what UYI songs which hasn't been played and that he would like to play.

I think it all comes down to the vocals. Maybe Axl feels he can't sing them as good as he used to??? In saying that, they have played prostitute and citr a few times. Citr sounds great but prostitute was very weak. So I dunno but I'm thinking it's a vocal thing.

"who asked Frank" kinda says it all, the buck starts and stops with Axl, I'm sure all the band would love to play any other song but they have small if any choice in the matter

The Garden was a staple of 1993 shows. It was pretty good live, too. Prostitute was pretty terrible live, but that was because he was trying to sing in a register he doesn't really hit anymore. I think Axl would have nailed it in 2002. I wonder what it would have sounded like if he tried to sing it like he sang SOD and This I Love last year. I'm sure if they played it a few more times, it would have been better. The first few tries at This I Love were pretty weak, too. It happens.