Chinese Democracy II talk, "post TMS"

phaeryen

The release of the album depends on the success of the US Tour which seems to be going well so far.

I think that might be a part of it, but I still have a feeling that this tour was more of a legal obligation than anything else.

The lawsuit with Azoff ends, then not too long after, we get a tour.

Hmmmmm.....

Every time Axl has been forced to do something in the past, the results were far from good. I don't see him performing in top shape and having a good time doing it being the results of someone forcing him to do anything.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The release of the album depends on the success of the US Tour which seems to be going well so far.

I think that might be a part of it, but I still have a feeling that this tour was more of a legal obligation than anything else.

Hmmmmm.....

This is a perfect example of what I've tried to point out to you in the past. While not a bashing post, it is still a knocking what's going on.

Everybody attending the shows are giving great reviews.....instead of talking about that, and how awesome Axl and the band is doing, you have to caveat it by saying that GnR was forced to do the shows because of legal reasons.

Do u get what I'm saying? (Not trying to start an arguement, just wondering if u can see where I'm coming from?)

But even if it was a legal obligation to do these shows, what would that matter? GnR is playing three hour shows, with 30 songs, Axl and the band sound great, they are doing interviews......it matters to you why they are doing it?

You always say I look for the conspiracies in everything. But man, it really is the complete opposite. I care about the music!!!!! And the concert!!!!!! I don't care if they are doing it for fun, for money or for legal reasons. As long as the show is good, I'm happy.

But you care about the legal aspect of it????

I guess that is a huge reason we disagree on almost everything. It never even dawned on me to question Axls motives for putting on a kick ass 3 hour concert. I'm just happy everything is going so well, and fans in each city are going home happy.

I'm about to see them live again. And for those three hours I will just enjoy the show by a group of musicians. Cover band, legal issues, who broke up the old band, did VR sell more records, etc, etc, etc.....my gosh, I will never understand why some people are obsessed with all that.

(Bobbo, there were no insults in that post).

So, you got it now from the man.

The new album is a distant thought. They are working to secure new management, which will be followed with finding a new conduit ie. label for the release... and that is only the paperwork-side. Which apparently needs to be put into place before the band/axl can be arsed to record anything. and as long as the team stays the way it is, you can bet your money on a lot of recording being done before anything is going to be ready to go.

I just wanted to put it up here as a topic, because so many of you have called me a cupcake and put me through a series of personal insults and humiliation, just because of my willingness to bring you my truthful insight and considered opinion.

so when might we see the next album? ill put a guesstimate up here that its going to arrive in mid 2014. Though if everything works in perfect harmony and everyone has a real desire to work towards getting an album released, and theres a bit of luck with the label shenanigans and so on, just maybe we could see it during the last quarter of 2013 for the holiday sales... 2014+ is where my money would be at though.

alright ladies and gentlemen, lets have another go at it.

-----------

some numbers from another post I made:

the tour takes however long it takes.

then, theres a minimum of 6 or so months of downtime, axl likes to have his extended vacation after doing some touring work.

then, maybe 8 months of buggering around to secure the management+label.

followed by X months of recording mixing mastering, doesn't have to take long, lets say four months.

Then the label figures when it wants to put out the damn thing, always a damn delay here. lets say an optimistic 8 months of delay.

so taking into consideration three months of band on the road im at:

--------------------------

3+6+8+4+8= 29 months, two years and five months of wait. and I consider that optimistic.

--------------------------

chinese democracy II starts now. :)

wait your life away son.

Hmmmmm.....

Every time Axl has been forced to do something in the past, the results were far from good. I don't see him performing in top shape and having a good time doing it being the results of someone forcing him to do anything.

Yes, that's true.

There is no way this tour was forced. The terms of the settlement between Azoff and Axl may have included a payment, but not a stipulation as to the method of of payment (i.e. payment from revenues generated from touring.). Axl has other revenue streams anyway, so he doesn't necessarily HAVE to tour in order to pay someone. He has income from royalties, song licensing, and merchandise sales.

Ali

Even if the Azoff rumours are true and there was an agreement made regarding this tour, doesn't it make more sense that the band wanted a proper tour of the U.S. for a while now, but were prevented from doing so by Azoff and his minions? Any agreement made would have enabled GnR to tour the U.S., sell tickets through Ticketmaster, gain access to insurance and certain venues, end the lawsuit with Azoff, and perhaps send a few bucks his way. If there was an agreement, it wasn't to force Axl to tour the U.S., it was to enable GNR to tour the U.S.

Since GnR got a new manager we got :

-RIR

-Live videos

-An Axl Rose and band members video interview

-Live pictures on facebook

-An US tour

-And constant blabber about a new album

Which means that GnR and management are currently trying to promote GnR as a "normal band" and not so much as "whatever Axl is doing while he could easily reunite the old band".

This is good. It's more than what NuGnR fans got during the last decade.

However, if this new manager cannot manage to release it and suddenly leaves, and I don't want to sound pessimistic, I don't see it getting released ever...

I do have to say this Peter guy seems to be doing a good job. No other manager has been able to get Axl to do a sit down televised interview since the early 90s! Doc wasn't able to secure a US tour but that probably had to do with the Azoff case not being settled, there were probably other things he lacked.

Either way Phaeryn, Axl still owns you because you and all your little whining brethren keep coming back to this site. Ha.

I'm still captivated by the scope of his vision when the whole new GNR thing started rolling. so he owns that atleast. I want to keep CD2 chatter going, since I don't follow every single thread anymore and am hoping that if/when any nugget of actual info or even a hint surfaces, like say during talks on stage, I wan't for there to be a place where good info can crop up. And yeah, I am interested in everything that got recorded during the chinese sessions. maybe even a little interested in what this new formation has to offer songwriting wise.

only thing I whine about is the people who are thought policing other people or sabotaging threads of conversation with cries for sources for example. :)

Hmmmmm.....

Yes, that's true.

There is no way this tour was forced. The terms of the settlement between Azoff and Axl may have included a payment, but not a stipulation as to the method of of payment (i.e. payment from revenues generated from touring.). Axl has other revenue streams anyway, so he doesn't necessarily HAVE to tour in order to pay someone. He has income from royalties, song licensing, and merchandise sales.

Ali

How can you believe that? I know people would rather forget Chinese Democracy - but its release was also forced.