Media Reaching To Find Fault = Success!

DizzyReed63

I find it pretty hilarious that mainstream media and local reviews of this tour are trying so very, very hard to find things to make fun of or put down.

Here is a compilation of the re-dick things I've seen "journalists" use to fuel their "negative" feedback:

* Show is 3 hours - it's just too much rock and I'm tired!

* Too many new songs! In other words, "I've never listened to Chinese - play the songs I know from 1987 please!?"

* Axl runs off stage too many times.

* Axl switches hats and shirts too much.

* They do a couple cover songs!

* The arena is not completely sold out!

* They went on an hour after the opener! Why not 45 min?!

* The guitarists are almost too skilled.

* Axl is the only original member! (zzzzzz)

* The album took so long to come out!

And people wonder why Axl never speaks to the US press...

Agree with the OP. They want to hate this band soooo bad. Cept' after you see the show, you gotta reach pretty fuckin' hard to find fault with literally anything. Some of the reviews, mostly the Rolling Stone NJ review, have made me chuckle.

In short, they tear it the hell up live. I'm looking forward to the next GNR album more than ever now. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's all a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

No conspiracy. The media tells stories slanted in a way to sell their product. That's life. Axl criticisms sell.

I'm sorry, but to me, a lot of their criticism is warranted. I realize sometimes they blow things out of proportion, but most of the time they just call it like they see it, and people on here overreact to it.

I tend to disagree. Whenever I see a story on the news, I don't feel I can trust it until I see both sides getting discussed. Nine times out of ten, the media has told the story slanted, in my experience. Same with reviews. I've seen a review on a Carrie Underwood concert saying she "sang too much" and "her notes were too high." :rolleyes:

I find it pretty hilarious that mainstream media and local reviews of this tour are trying so very, very hard to find things to make fun of or put down.

Here is a compilation of the re-dick things I've seen "journalists" use to fuel their "negative" feedback:

* Show is 3 hours - it's just too much rock and I'm tired!

* Too many new songs! In other words, "I've never listened to Chinese - play the songs I know from 1987 please!?"

* Axl runs off stage too many times.

* Axl switches hats and shirts too much.

* They do a couple cover songs!

* The arena is not completely sold out!

* They went on an hour after the opener! Why not 45 min?!

* The guitarists are almost too skilled.

* Axl is the only original member! (zzzzzz)

* The album took so long to come out!

And people wonder why Axl never speaks to the US press...

Great post!!!!

The complainers are ridiculous - whether its the media or the fans still stuck in 1992. Always complaining, never happy. Nothing Axl does will ever be good enough in their eyes.