The Official Vancouver Thread: GNR Returns to the Greatest Province in Canada

ITW 2012

I'm glad Duff played on more than just YCBM. Fucking cool seeing him up there for Civil War, too (but does anyone else wish Axl would've returned the favor and turned up for one of Loaded's songs?). On a side note, I can't believe Duff can still rock skinny jeans, dude doesn't really age much.

That wouldn't happen. It'd ruin the surprise of the first "Axl sighting" as he comes out for Guns set. The better solution would be Duff coming out to do one of his Guns tunes during the Guns set, like So Fine or Dust N' Bones.

Pretty cool that Axl kicked out a fan, when was the last time that even happened? :lol:

Also awesome that Duff also joined for Civil War, can't wait to see a video of that.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beter sound

what is he singing?

Epic! rock3

Pretty sure he's singing "Happy trails to you ... until we meet again ... motherfucker!!!" :rofl-lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Trails_(song)

Anyone have a good quality video of the speech he gives after this about the Vancouver riot? Would love to hear that! And somebody post a vid of Civil War with Duff! What don't you Nucks have smartphones? :tongue2:

Oh and BC bud is the best! :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: @ DJ waving goodbye with a huge smile on his face to the guy Axl gets kicked out :lol: and :rofl-lol: Axl singing that song.

What did the guy do though? lol

Edited by RocketQueen1985

Tenth hundredth show

Date: 2011/17/12

Venue: Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada

Attendance: -

Soundcheck: -

Time: From 23:20 up to 02:20

Opening acts: Loaded

Songs: 25

Setlist:

01-Chinese Democracy

02-Welcome to the Jungle

03-It's So Easy

04-Mr. Brownstone

05-Sorry

06-Shackler's Revenge

07-Estranged

08-Rocket Queen

09-Richard Fortus Guitar Solo [James Bond Theme]

10-Live and Let Die

11-This I Love

12-Riff Raff

13-Motivation [Tommy On Vocals]

14-Dizzy Reed Piano Solo [baba O'Riley]

15-Street of Dreams

16-You Could Be Mine [With Duff McKagan]

17-DJ Ashba Guitar Solo [Mi Amor]

18-Sweet Child O' Mine

19-Jam [Another Brick in the Wall Part II]

20-Axl Rose Piano Solo [Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight]

21-November Rain

22-Bumblefoot Guitar Solo [Pink Panther Theme]

23-Don't Cry

24-Whole Lotta Rosie

25-Civil War [With Duff McKagan]

26-Knockin' On Heaven's Door

27-Nightrain

ENCORE

28-Madagascar

29-Better

30-Patience

31-Paradise City

Important Events:

-Duff McKagan joined the band to play You Could Be Mine and Civil War

-First time in Vancouver after the 2002's riot.

-Axl apologised the crowd about the previous riot and thanked for not tearing the place down this night.

-Axl kicked a guy out and said that he hasn't kicked out somebody for a while and he feels like old days doing that.

They played seven songs from Chinese Democracy, seven from Appetite For Destruction, three from Use Your Illusion I, four from Use Your Illusion II, one from Lies & three covers.

@Chinese Democracy World Tour Facebook

Awesome show last night, i'm glad I decided to go to this show rather then my girlfriends christmas party. It feels like a little piece of history was made last night in Vancouver. The only thing that pissed me off was waiting 25 minutes in a beer line up and only being able to purchase one beer at a time. :crazy: