Is anyone else hoping RRHOF doesn't mess the current band up?

Cosmo

Why do you people pledge such loyalty to this particular line-up? Do you loathe the Bucket-Robin-Brain line-up as well? - you know the one that actually wrote CD? Why do you give a fuck about the musicians

he finally scraped off the bottom that would take their salary and STFU and tour when he was ready yet haven't created anything themselves? I just don't get it.

Agreed. Anyone could play this material. It isn't Mozart. I have a feeling alot around here just try to make the best out of the situation they're presented with. I saw the band. They were fine, friendly, did the material justice. But thats it. They certainly don't have the intensity that the original band do or that a lot of other bands these days do. There were too many people for them to feel connected. I'm not a guy that takes Slash's side or anything, but his band on this solo tour was tight as you can get. Smaller group of guys and they also did the material justice. Personally, I was able to connect more with them than New GNR, and thats nothing against Axl. I think if he stripped the band down, played smaller places, and started seriously recording with these guys (again, like Slash is with this new band) it would be fantastic.

Exactly. Obviously Axl knows these guys can't compete with the original band. Why else have 3 guitar players and 2 keyboards? Trying to hide behind a wall of noise and hope the crowd doesn't notice.

Well, I don't know if thats exactly true. I don't think he is trying to compete with the original band. Just his thinking is it was always his band and these are his latest members. I agree that its excessive with all the players, but if you go back to the Illusion tours, the band was already starting to grow and I'm thinking the person who made that decision was Axl. He feels the need for a bigger band to handle the material.

Big bands are fine, I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band fan. But I think in this case, people are stepping on each others toes. It might not actually be happening amongst the players, but completely seriously as a fan I don't know who to watch. In other big bands there is usually one person to each instrument so they each have specific jobs. These guys have specific jobs, but like you say, with 2 keyboardists and 3 guitarists, it seems overly excessive. Especially because the 3 guitarists are all lead at different points so it leads to no connection in my mind.

Personally, I'm just a bigger fan of smaller bands because usually the connection is more noticeable and I was pleasantly surprised when I went to see Slash that "Hey, he's not all I have to look at because this band is fucking great." In the case of when I saw Guns, I thought "Well these guys all sound very good and they play the material very well, but there's too much going on and I don't know WHERE to look."

Just my opinion and I think its why I like the original lineup better because its tighter and more concise. I'm also always in the opinion though that Axl should go out with a different name or as his solo band because that is what it is at this point. Chinese Democracy is his creation and this band is doing what he says. Its not collaborative, and I hate to beat the Slash thing to a pulp, whereas Slash's touring band were working off each other and constructing their own music, not just what Slash was telling them. This isn't always the case with the New Guns. But it is alot of the time.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Who knows what will happen.. If there is a reunion with these guys it definately wouldn't be forced or for the money. It would because they all believed in it. If it did happen I don't think anyone would be complaining. I have noticed that Axl fans pretty much worship whoever is Axl's band at the time, so why not worship the classic lineup again? If it is going to happen, now is the time. They all have enough going on with side projects that it would make it that much easier for Guns to exist again. Axl made his statement with Chinese, now that it is off his chest who knows..

I keep saying this.

If Axl shows and co-operates with the desire for classic Guns to perform; the response could be too massive for New GN’R to surmount.

Axl plays and people will probably demonize/resent anything other than a reunion tour.

THANK YOU...which is why axl wont even show up. If he plays with them thats all people will focus on and all that hard work..all those years he worked to make this band work..will be down the toilet. Wasted. Gone.

People are making way too big if a deal out if this. Axl could play with the old guys and the current guys would think it was cool. People on this forum are the only ones worried.

WEll i guess we know where you stand on this...

Look a reunion would be cool, but even a performance is going to put an enormous amount of pressure on axl to do a reunion tour and ditch this version of the band. He's not gonna show up at all so accept it..and move on

People are making way too big if a deal out if this. Axl could play with the old guys and the current guys would think it was cool. People on this forum are the only ones worried.

Look a reunion would be cool, but even a performance is going to put an enormous amount of pressure on axl to do a reunion tour and ditch this version of the band. He's not gonna show up at all so accept it..and move on

Those reunion bitches are not going to give up are they?

Those reunion bitches are not going to give up are they?

putting pressure on axl wouldn't do it either...

Holding a grudge against Slash is the best career move he can make. Sure there has only been one album in 17 years he spent all those years writing and recording creative songs instead of releasing a series of crappy generic albums. If you compare Chinese Democracy to any 80's band that released an album in the last 10 years, CD is one of the few that were progressive and modern.

Who knows what will happen.. If there is a reunion with these guys it definately wouldn't be forced or for the money. It would because they all believed in it. If it did happen I don't think anyone would be complaining. I have noticed that Axl fans pretty much worship whoever is Axl's band at the time, so why not worship the classic lineup again? If it is going to happen, now is the time. They all have enough going on with side projects that it would make it that much easier for Guns to exist again. Axl made his statement with Chinese, now that it is off his chest who knows..

:rolleyes:

We all know that you guys want the reunion. Even after April, it is clear that Axl doesn't, would you still?

We all know that you guys want the reunion. Even after April, it is clear that Axl doesn't, would you still?

Anyone who thinks a reunion is possible is just as delusional as those who think there will be an album by 2012.

Anyone who thinks a reunion is possible is just as delusional as those who think there will be an album by 2012.

In 2012 there will be new record

You're fucking crazy! Oh child.