Is anyone else hoping RRHOF doesn't mess the current band up?

Cosmo

Let's be honest: The chances of a full reunion tour are slim to none. The chances of a reunion album are almost nonexistent. The current line-up has amazing chemistry, attitude, charisma and talent. It has a future. And it is promising. Is anyone else hoping for a reunion event on RRHOF, maybe some place else too, but is afraid it will mess with the current line-up? I'd never trade a failed attempt for a reunion to the healthy foolproof band we have today. Would I like a reunion tour and album? Sure. Will it happen? No. Is a reunion worth it?

Not worth it... and NO way does Axl ever put himself in that position IMHO. Maybe someday Tommy decides to move on to other challenges/opportunities and that opens the door for Duff to come back- but that's the absolute maximum I can ever see happening in the way of a "reunion".

Interesting... IF there is some sort of a reunion at R&RHOF, I still don't think it will mess up the new line-up as far as touring with the original line-up afterwards is concerned because lets face it:

1) they haven't really frequently hung-out for at least 14-16 years now.

2) There is still probably a lot of discomfort/bad blood between certain members <_<

3) They all are doing their own thing right now. VR is recording a new album according to Slash's tweets, Duff has Loaded, Axl seems really happy and content with the new line up, Izzy and Matt have their own thing going too.

So chances of it ruining what the GnR line-up have now are very slim. There is the (VERY small) possibility that the original lineup play together at HOF and it will be really cool and fans will go crazy and thus every gig the 'nuGnR' play after that will "pale in comparison" and the current band members will buckle under the (renewed) pressure and leave or the band will simply disband. This is a very likely scenario if a reunion does take place at the event but the band don't really want to tour together due to reasons stated above. In that case, if the new lineup does get fucked, it will be our fault as fans for not moving on (and you have to admit that GnR fanbase is quite... intense, just look at this forum!).

This is the reason why I don't think they should play at the HOF. I do hope to see some reconciliation between Slash and Axl just so that they and the rest of us can get some closure on that front. If they do play it should be a mixed line-up of the old and the new.

That is saying Axl turns up at all. He has to be very careful as to how he deals with this event. From what I've read and seen so far he seems very uncomfortable with this event due to its implications and the 'fans' will probably rip him to shreds no matter what. I say it would be easier if he dosn't show up at all but then the induction will be a hollow victory if the FRONTMAN is not there!

Just thinking about it gives me a headach,wonder how Axl feels or if he even cares... :confused:

Edited by KiraMPD

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I keep saying this.

If Axl shows and co-operates with the desire for classic Guns to perform; the response could be too massive for New GN’R to surmount.

Axl plays and people will probably demonize/resent anything other than a reunion tour.

I agree with the OP. As someone who supported this band through the last five years or so, it would suck if this was all undone for some "reunion." I love all the old members, but I think a reunion wouldn't be as cool as the old days. But, whatever, if Axl and Slash meet and get over their differences, then maybe they could work on some cool stuff later. I just don't want it to be that I see them this month, and then in April or May they announce a reunion tour for later in the year. I think it would make this current band look like a joke then. So I guess I'm kind of 50/50, but I won't be pissed if they don't reunite. I think it would just be cool to see them all on the stage together accepting the award.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The solution to a reunion swallow of New GN’R is for Axl and GN’R to host an alternative show on April 14th.

Preferabbly @ MSG.

There's no guarantee Slash, Duff or Izzy would want to do a reunion tour. A few stadium gigs? Maybe. But a full fledged tour? Not happening. They've made enough money that they don't have to take their marching orders from anyone. And it's a big roll of the dice with Axl's involvement. He's a brilliant frontman, but a major pain in the ass. Even a few of the current guys, to their credit, have said it's all up in the air until Axl shows. They have no control over anything that's going on. I understand why a guy like Richard Fortus will fall in line like a good soldier, but the old guys? They have no reason to put up with Axl's nonsense..

It'd be great if he just showed up and played with the original band. One night only. No strings attached. But I don't see that happening unless he gets something out of it (i.e.) Slash and Duff signing over their rights to the back catalogue. And they're not going to do that..

-Kickingthehabit

If the reputation of the nu band is THAT fragile, that Axl can't accept an award in the company of the people that helped get him there, then maybe the last 15 years have been a waste...

It is fragile. The problem is not Axl accepting the award and thanking Slash and Co. for their immense role in GnR, it's him performing with them, creating a huge nostalgic vibe all around the world. That would certainly compromise the current line-up.

If the reputation of the nu band is THAT fragile, that Axl can't accept an award in the company of the people that helped get him there, then maybe the last 15 years have been a waste...

It is fragile. The problem is not Axl accepting the award and thanking Slash and Co. for their immense role in GnR, it's him performing with them, creating a huge nostalgic vibe all around the world. That would certainly compromise the current line-up.

The new members knew what band they were getting into. I'm sure if Axl performed with the original band at the Hall Of Fame, they would absolutely understand it was for the fans. Or that the other guys did it for themselves or for closure. Either way, I'm guessing they are all fans of that lineup too and know that just because Axl plays with them, it doesn't mean the new guys are out of a job because obviously the old lineup won't tour. Its theirs and Axl's fault for continuing this band name if their reputation is actually this fragile.

Chinese Democracy > Appetite

Current Line Up is the best ever. I'll take it over the original 5 any day. I have no desire to see Axl and Slash play together again. I stopped caring when Slash came out on American Idol and played November Rain with Tpain and Jamie Foxx. I continued to lose interest with the Super Bowl and Fergie, and the latest Phineas and Ferb. I just don't care anymore.

There is just no way the original 5 play at the show. They will show up I'm sure and accept the award, but don't hold your breath on Axl playing anything with those guys.

Let's be honest: The chances of a full reunion tour are slim to none. The chances of a reunion album are almost nonexistent. The current line-up has amazing chemistry, attitude, charisma and talent. It has a future. And it is promising. Is anyone else hoping for a reunion event on RRHOF, maybe some place else too, but is afraid it will mess with the current line-up? I'd never trade a failed attempt for a reunion to the healthy foolproof band we have today. Would I like a reunion tour and album? Sure. Will it happen? No. Is a reunion worth it?

Maybe it would be be nice if the original members started a song and the current members joined them halfway through and they finish together. Then there would be blending of the old to the new - but I guess that's just a dream too. I like the current lineup, they're fresh, friendly and seem happy for now. Would hate to see friction amongst them when all seems to be going smoothly. rock2

People are making way too big if a deal out if this. Axl could play with the old guys and the current guys would think it was cool. People on this forum are the only ones worried.

The problem isn't the new guys getting pissed, it's the negativity it could generate towards the new line-up.

Why do you people pledge such loyalty to this particular line-up? Do you loathe the Bucket-Robin-Brain line-up as well? - you know the one that actually wrote CD? Why do you give a fuck about the musicians

he finally scraped off the bottom that would take their salary and STFU and tour when he was ready yet haven't created anything themselves? I just don't get it.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The solution to a reunion swallow of New GN’R is for Axl and GN’R to host an alternative show on April 14th.

Preferabbly @ MSG.

That. Is a plan :).

Employ me Axl; a handful of show passes will suffice.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Personally I would rather see the current band continue than see a reunion of the original lineup if I had to choose. I know this will piss a lot of people off but so be it. And I say this as a fan of the original band since Appetite came out when I was like 13 years old. Lightning doesn't strike twice, as they say. The current lineup is on FIRE and I would hate to gamble that away for the original lineup which would probably implode within 24 hours anyway. Just my opinion of course.

Why do you people pledge such loyalty to this particular line-up? Do you loathe the Bucket-Robin-Brain line-up as well? - you know the one that actually wrote CD? Why do you give a fuck about the musicians

he finally scraped off the bottom that would take their salary and STFU and tour when he was ready yet haven't created anything themselves? I just don't get it.

Agreed. Anyone could play this material. It isn't Mozart. I have a feeling alot around here just try to make the best out of the situation they're presented with. I saw the band. They were fine, friendly, did the material justice. But thats it. They certainly don't have the intensity that the original band do or that a lot of other bands these days do. There were too many people for them to feel connected. I'm not a guy that takes Slash's side or anything, but his band on this solo tour was tight as you can get. Smaller group of guys and they also did the material justice. Personally, I was able to connect more with them than New GNR, and thats nothing against Axl. I think if he stripped the band down, played smaller places, and started seriously recording with these guys (again, like Slash is with this new band) it would be fantastic.

Agreed. Anyone could play this material. It isn't Mozart. I have a feeling alot around here just try to make the best out of the situation they're presented with. I saw the band. They were fine, friendly, did the material justice. But thats it. They certainly don't have the intensity that the original band do or that a lot of other bands these days do. There were too many people for them to feel connected. I'm not a guy that takes Slash's side or anything, but his band on this solo tour was tight as you can get. Smaller group of guys and they also did the material justice. Personally, I was able to connect more with them than New GNR, and thats nothing against Axl. I think if he stripped the band down, played smaller places, and started seriously recording with these guys (again, like Slash is with this new band) it would be fantastic.

Exactly. Obviously Axl knows these guys can't compete with the original band. Why else have 3 guitar players and 2 keyboards? Trying to hide behind a wall of noise and hope the crowd doesn't notice.