New Music

GnR Chris

The fact is that the best GnR music has already been sone/written in AFD/UYI. CD was a nice but underwhelming album. I seriously doubt that Axl has a "better" album in works...

It's a bit like Slash albums - they're nice and all, but nothing truly outstanding like the stuff in older GnR albums.

Wtf does Axl do during almost one year of no touring?? Sit on the couch and eat pizza and drink beer??? It's not like he was staying in shape for Rio or anything. At least work on some music duuude.

From a demanding fan-point of view, I think it's a rather good question.

He's been touring non stop for the last 3 years.

Why do people keep asking when we think we'll get new material from the current Guns N' Roses?

Think about it. They have a backlog supposedly of 30 or so songs yet we don't even get any of that.

You think these guys, even if they're in the studio right now creating new material, will release it any time soon?

Axl isn't old by any means, but at 50, how much longer does he have to release new music and be a viable force in the industry?

It's his own fault the current Gn'R isn't a continuation of the legacy built by the real lineup. RELEASE MUSIC. It's not that difficult.

Yes, it IS that simple, particularly in this day and age.

I don't expect new music any time soon because I'm happy with Chinese Democracy and the band are still out supporting it. When they've hit everywhere they want to hit in support of the album, then I'll be looking for them to release something new.

Wtf does Axl do during almost one year of no touring?? Sit on the couch and eat pizza and drink beer??? It's not like he was staying in shape for Rio or anything. At least work on some music duuude.

From a demanding fan-point of view, I think it's a rather good question.

He's been touring non stop for the last 3 years.

Not entirely true. The last show of 2010 was on December 16th in Abu Dhabi and the first show of 2011 was on October 2nd at Rock in Rio. A gap of nearly ten months.

Whilst ultimately it is Axl's (the band's?) call as to when we next see some new music; I still find it hard to believe that they couldn't at least put a track or two (an EP?) out there to give the fans something new to enjoy. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see a new album in 2012; possibly 2013 if we're lucky. Hope I'm proved wrong and a release is closer than we think!