The VIP Packages = Sellout?

watchman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, RICH fans buy VIP tickets so it's probably the same ratio as the regular show, maybe a bit more hardcore though for sure. If there's a rich "rock n roll" fan he'll probably buy VIP to guns n roses because he can afford it and he remembers really liking that song Paradise City, or something. I doubt hardly anyone off this website could name every member in the band and I don't think we should expect them too. Their names are only out there if casually mentioned in a review and the band changes people every few years. No other promotion = no one knows all of them besides people who go way out of their way to find out about them.

If you know one thing about "rich people" it's that they love to bitch if they don't get their way. Where are these reviews saying "I went to the VIP party and it was a complete waste of money because Axl didn't show."?

I haven't seen one yet.

No, RICH fans buy VIP tickets so it's probably the same ratio as the regular show, maybe a bit more hardcore though for sure. If there's a rich "rock n roll" fan he'll probably buy VIP to guns n roses because he can afford it and he remembers really liking that song Paradise City, or something. I doubt hardly anyone off this website could name every member in the band and I don't think we should expect them too. Their names are only out there if casually mentioned in a review and the band changes people every few years. No other promotion = no one knows all of them besides people who go way out of their way to find out about them.

If you know one thing about "rich people" it's that they love to bitch if they don't get their way. Where are these reviews saying "I went to the VIP party and it was a complete waste of money because Axl didn't show."?

I haven't seen one yet.

Yeah, come to think of it... the only people complaining are the people who haven't bought VIP passes and don't want to buy VIP passes. Everyone who's bought them for other bands, or plan to buy them for GNR seem quite happy about it.

"Hi, I'm a GnR member that's NOT Axl Rose. Here's my hand to shake. Sure I'll take a picture with you. Thanks. That will be $250. Now move along."

That is rediculous. :rolleyes:

Even if it was Axl, paying to meet him would be lame.

Agreed. It's amazing ppl still support GNR like they do...Axl has done how much to piss fans off over the years and has done little to make it up to them, other than continueing to show up late to shows..

Omg id love to put all the internet tough guys in the octagon and see which ones can actually back up their big mouths

Not a bad idea. If you can organize such an event in 2012, I'll happily fight for team Axl.

I've been team axl since day one...Team Axl is running out of members to help support him :question:

What's the point if Axl isn't there? It must be sort of a let down people going expecting to "meet the band" when they only know who Axl is and instead of Axl they get these other guys you don't know and a couple free drinks.

It's a "meet and greet" with the band then? What about fans (most fans) who only know who Axl is in the band? You go there, you get to meet like 10 guys "in the band" and no Axl.

That would be SUCH a bummer.

Axel...who? You mean the guy who sings that "Cold November Rain" song? Dude, where have you been?

It's all about us diehard Love Spit Love fans trying to meet Richard Fortus, and Frank Ferrer.

Or people who -- GASP -- have enjoyed the new band and enjoyed the new musicians even though they weren't part of the hair metal line-up. There were people around me at the show I went to who were impressed as hell by the musicians on stage, and I'm quite sure they would enjoy shaking their hands, meeting them a little, posing for a picture, or saying thanks.

According to you guys, it is a flat out impossibility for people to enjoy those musicians. The facts of reality speak a vastly different story. Namely the fact that VIP passes are being bought and sold. This is all the evidence you need to see that your personal beliefs are not necessarily shared by any and evedry music fan in the world. Tough love. You can accept it, or you can keep fighting these internet windmills.

Coolranch, why must u call em "hair band gnr" or w.e. you can say so we can decipher which version you're talking about but we know you're just stiring shit up. You could easily say classic or afd/uyi line up bcuz we all know gnr was never a fucking hairband despite having long hair. Thought we all knew the difference by now