The VIP Packages = Sellout?

watchman

Yup. Appealing to those that are easy to please and making money off the brand. If axl isn't there, that's exactly how I see it. And its def only a drink or two. Im not saying its the worst thing they could b doing, but its s tad childish to tweak on me because I disagree with you on this minute detail. Really not something to get worked up about. I swear to god I think some of you would take a bullet for the guy, and that really sucks when he couldn't give a fuck enough about you to show up to his own bands meet and greet that you just shelled out 250.00 for. Don't agree with me, that's fine. That's wat these forums are for. But I have a legit argument. And I really don't think you can deny all my points either. I've been on these forums forever. I've seen the lack of appreciation from the man to the fans for even longer. He could make the effort to b there is my biggest problem with it I think.

Meet and greets are fine, as long as they're there to meet and greet with you rather than take your dough, not lift a finger, and send the new guy with the eye liner and the monster t shirt to meet me. Cuz that's really worth 250.00.

You are completely reading things in to this that aren't there. I don't know how you are pulling out of your ass that I said anything to stick up for Axl. I wouldn't buy the backstage shit myself even if Axl was there. It just annoys me when people like you try to make yourself look superior to the people that do spend their money on this. I have never heard a single person bitch about paying for it, so why should you care? They obviously felt that it was worth it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say I was superior to anyone? Whose reading things that aren't there now? My biggest point was the fact axl can't make it to his own meet and great, and that being completely disrespectful. All I've been saying this whole time. You really don't agree that its bs to call it a gnr meet and greet and not have show up? Whatever im done with this, cuz its quite obvious you'd argue with me all day, meanwhile im not trying to argue at all. Hope you find someone else to waste your morning arguing with. Something tells me its not going to b a problem for you to find that guy.

I didn't say I was superior to anyone? Whose reading things that aren't there now? My biggest point was the fact axl can't make it to his own meet and great, and that being completely disrespectful. All I've been saying this whole time. You really don't agree that its bs to call it a gnr meet and greet and not have show up? Whatever im done with this, cuz its quite obvious you'd argue with me all day, meanwhile im not trying to argue at all. Hope you find someone else to waste your morning arguing with. Something tells me its not going to b a problem for you to find that guy.

OK, you're right. Calling people fools for spending their own money on this isn't acting superior to them at all. What was I thinking? If you don't like arguing, you probably shouldn't start them, because I didn't quote you first. Anyway, have fun.

When I did Anthrax VIP I got to see and attend almost all of soundcheck.

I bought VIP for both nights in Vegas. I've met everyone multiple times aside from Chris & DJ - so for me this is a small price to pay to meet the rest of the band.

Plus, the exclusive VIP shirt & Lammy (which will probably be on a special landyard) & the provided eight by ten logo photo is all kinda cool.

Well regular tickets are what? Let's say $60. Then you get a free shirt which are $40 at least. Then you get this laminate thing that I have no idea what is worth, so we'll say $5 dollars. Then you get an open bar and snacks, and that is priceless. So you're really not paying too much to meet the band.

That laminate isn't worth the paper its printed on. And I thought you only got a voucher for a drink or two. Im allset. Im a real fan. I don't want to waste my time b4 the show competing with hot girls to get a word in with some of the hired hands. Its not like they ever have anything of real substance to talk about anyways. Now if slash, duff and izzy were there, I wouldn't even give a fuck if axl showed up tbh.

Like I give a fuck about Slash, Duff and Izzy, or if you think it's worth it. You can whine about whatever you want to, just don't whine to me. There are obviously people that are more than happy to pay the money, or they wouldn't be doing it. And if you think a single mind is going to be changed because drtydane is crying about there being no classic members there, you need to reevaluate your lack of influence.

YOU-MAD-BRO.jpg

Well regular tickets are what? Let's say $60. Then you get a free shirt which are $40 at least. Then you get this laminate thing that I have no idea what is worth, so we'll say $5 dollars. Then you get an open bar and snacks, and that is priceless. So you're really not paying too much to meet the band.

That laminate isn't worth the paper its printed on. And I thought you only got a voucher for a drink or two. Im allset. Im a real fan. I don't want to waste my time b4 the show competing with hot girls to get a word in with some of the hired hands. Its not like they ever have anything of real substance to talk about anyways. Now if slash, duff and izzy were there, I wouldn't even give a fuck if axl showed up tbh.

Like I give a fuck about Slash, Duff and Izzy, or if you think it's worth it. You can whine about whatever you want to, just don't whine to me. There are obviously people that are more than happy to pay the money, or they wouldn't be doing it. And if you think a single mind is going to be changed because drtydane is crying about there being no classic members there, you need to reevaluate your lack of influence.

YOU-MAD-BRO.jpg

you are the one mad bro. Lol, herp derping about "original" members and hired hands. :rofl-lol:

I bought VIP for both nights in Vegas. I've met everyone multiple times aside from Chris & DJ - so for me this is a small price to pay to meet the rest of the band.

Plus, the exclusive VIP shirt & Lammy (which will probably be on a special landyard) & the provided eight by ten logo photo is all kinda cool.

Part of a meet and greet should be the soundcheck & Q&A, and even if Axl isn't there, should sign something for the people going, like the booklet to ChiDem or the tour book. If there's 20 people who paid for the VIP thing, he'd be done in a minute, and then part of the VIP experience is to have your pick of where to sit. He doesn't "owe it to the fans", but he should be making sure they're getting their money's worth for paying extra. The people who are paying for that VIP package are fans with extra money wanting some priority treatment. He gets treated as a VIP, and wouldn't want to be treated like "riff raff".

Part of a meet and greet should be the soundcheck & Q&A, and even if Axl isn't there, should sign something for the people going, like the booklet to ChiDem or the tour book. If there's 20 people who paid for the VIP thing, he'd be done in a minute, and then part of the VIP experience is to have your pick of where to sit. He doesn't "owe it to the fans", but he should be making sure they're getting their money's worth for paying extra. The people who are paying for that VIP package are fans with extra money wanting some priority treatment. He gets treated as a VIP, and wouldn't want to be treated like "riff raff".

Thank you.

YOU-MAD-BRO.jpg

notmad.jpg

What's the point if Axl isn't there? It must be sort of a let down people going expecting to "meet the band" when they only know who Axl is and instead of Axl they get these other guys you don't know and a couple free drinks.

It's a "meet and greet" with the band then? What about fans (most fans) who only know who Axl is in the band? You go there, you get to meet like 10 guys "in the band" and no Axl.

That would be SUCH a bummer.

If you can't read the "with select members" that is clearly printed on it, you probably shouldn't be out in public in the first place.

What's the point if Axl isn't there? It must be sort of a let down people going expecting to "meet the band" when they only know who Axl is and instead of Axl they get these other guys you don't know and a couple free drinks.

It's a "meet and greet" with the band then? What about fans (most fans) who only know who Axl is in the band? You go there, you get to meet like 10 guys "in the band" and no Axl.

If you can't read the "with select members" that is clearly printed on it, you probably shouldn't be out in public in the first place.

One who is not a big fan of the band would probably subconsciously think "the only guy anyone knows or cares about is Axl, so at least he will be there. The other guys would be cool too I guess". Sort of assuming Axl will be there. Most people won't look it up and find out it's not Axl it's just a couple of the hired guys.

Here's where you fail to understand that casual fans don't usually purchase the VIP tickets. Anyone buying them almost certainly knows who's in the band.

One who is not a big fan of the band would probably subconsciously think "the only guy anyone knows or cares about is Axl, so at least he will be there. The other guys would be cool too I guess". Sort of assuming Axl will be there. Most people won't look it up and find out it's not Axl it's just a couple of the hired guys.

You're so full of it. Love 'em or hate 'em, people know there's a new band. Unless you're deaf, blind and dumb and have been completely oblivious to all the inane "reunion" rumors resulting from the Hall of Fame announcement.

In your weird world, everyone is demanding a reunion, but everyone also thinks they're seeing the reunited band in concert. Well, which is it?

I don't see a problem either. Nobody forces people to pay this. People who are, are willing to do so. Case closed. :shrugs:

Anc come on, people who are such casual fans that they don't even know the original guys aren't there anymore, wouldn't even buy VIP-tickets.

Edited by st0n3r

if you're unable to understand it, do not assume that some people will have the same problem as you

You're so full of it. Love 'em or hate 'em, people know there's a new band. Unless you're deaf, blind and dumb and have been completely oblivious to all the inane "reunion" rumors resulting from the Hall of Fame announcement.

In your weird world, everyone is demanding a reunion, but everyone also thinks they're seeing the reunited band in concert. Well, which is it?

I think you highly overestimate how much the average fan knows about the band. Most fans remember liking this band when they were 14, and they listen to them on the radio or on their CD player occasionally on the commute to or from work, or maybe on their iPod at the gym. They probably don't know they are being inducted into the hall of fame, or if they do, they only know because Mikey Mike the DJ at the local classic rock station said it in between 10 minutes of commercials on the Drive at 5:00. During the same announcement he said they were on tour and so they went to ticketmaster to see when they were coming, and maybe they bought some tickets. Then the next morning on the drive to work, they dusted off their Appetite CD and put it in and listened up to Think About You, but they skipped It's So Easy and Out Ta Get Me because they never really liked those ones that much.

That's the average fan. The average fan doesn't have 11,000+ posts and 8 years on mygnrforum, thank God. That would be pathetic.

you are the one mad bro. Lol, herp derping about "original" members and hired hands. :rofl-lol:

Lol, that wasn't me. That was DirtyDiana or something. I'm DirtyDeeds.

Its drtydane. Not to b confused with daneiscool. Too many similar screen names

I'm gonna claim seniority on this one. Y'all gonna have to change your names. :drevil:

I never knew what that emoticon meant, by the way, but I felt I needed one.

Okay, so you've decided that there's no real need or demand for VIP packages, based on your thoughtful analysis of what GNR fans, casual and hardcore, believe about their band.

Guess what? You are wrong. If you need evidence of this, look no further than the fact that GNR is selling said VIP passes, and fans are buying them.

You do not have a God's eye view of anything but the inside of your own asshole.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing