Killswitch Engage fire Howard Jones!

silkchild

I can only hope this means they cancell there appearance at Graspop Metal Meeting 2012 and are replaced by a better band. Really don' tlike this genre. :shrugs:

Generally I don't, but Killswitch is my 3rd favourite band behind Guns and AC/DC. Dont listen to Metalcore really other than them.

Like both Jesse and Howard on vocals , but not sure if I support this if it's for a reunion (if that is what's happening)

Lol @ Howard for VR! :lol:

Lol @ Howard for VR! :lol:

I don't know man. I'm asking. You probably know his vocal style more than I do. I actually saw KE live at the Taste of Chaos tour in 2005. They didn't seem like a bad band but like the other poster, I'm not a fan of that genre.

Not saying it wouldn't work, but Howard had toned his screaming down quite a bit for Killswitch. His other band 'Blood has Been Shed' Were heavier.

I just think he likes heavier music, and you would have trouble getting him to sign up, could be wrong though. But cant see him joining a rock band.

Though I'd Love to hear that!

Wasn't he out of them for a while in the past couple of years due to him getting some lass pregnant?

Not sure, Killswitch were on downtime the past few months as Adam D has been touring with Jesse in ' Times of Grace'

Makes Me wonder if Adam just wants Jesse back? He calls the shots in that band.

Howard was a great singer but things had gotten kind of stale and formulaic imo with the last two albums, not bad compared to all the other lazy scream/sing clones that came in Killswitch's wake though. Jesse has a lot more energy and rawness about him, not sure if he could do that these days since it really fucked his voice up back then.

Howard was a great singer but things had gotten kind of stale and formulaic imo with the last two albums, not bad compared to all the other lazy scream/sing clones that came in Killswitch's wake though. Jesse has a lot more energy and rawness about him, not sure if he could do that these days since it really fucked his voice up back then.

Thanks for the post! :)

I agree to a point with the last 2 albums, especially the self titled from 2009 being weaker than before. I liked Daylight Dies quite a lot though.

Jesse is in great form! I saw him with Adam in their band 'Times Of Grace' If you are a Killswitch fan (old or new material) Check out their album "The Hym OF A Broken Man"

They werebrilliant at Download Festival last summer.

This kinda made me think Adam is booting Howard out for Jesse.

Shame as I feel they had another good album in them , but we will see.

2000? They opened for Raging Speedhorn?

The guy came out and he was a manic ball of energy.

2000 Was Jesse era, around the time the 1st album was out, he was clean shaven back then.

I think you are mistaken, glad you enjoyed it though whoever they were :D

I thought ADD had some interesting things on it, My Curse, This is Absolution, Still Beats Your Name and The Arms of Sorrow are cool, like KSE have their own sound so even if you hear their kind of mark everywhere with attempted clones, you know Killswitch are just being Killswitch so I have to take that into account with any new release. I haven't ever got into the self-titled (well, second self-titled) but A Light In A Darkened World and The Forgotten showed some new life, maybe a new singer is what is needed. My favourite is by far Alive or Just Breathing, the lyrics and delivery were so honest and raw! (Fixation on the Darkness - CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGE rock2 )

I thought ADD had some interesting things on it, My Curse, This is Absolution, Still Beats Your Name and The Arms of Sorrow are cool, like KSE have their own sound so even if you hear their kind of mark everywhere with attempted clones, you know Killswitch are just being Killswitch so I have to take that into account with any new release. I haven't ever got into the self-titled (well, second self-titled) but A Light In A Darkened World and The Forgotten showed some new life, maybe a new singer is what is needed. My favourite is by far Alive or Just Breathing, the lyrics and delivery were so honest and raw! (Fixation on the Darkness - CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGE rock2 )

Alive Or Just Breathing is flawless! And I would have to say is most likely my favourite, closely followed by End of Heartache, you actually chose what I would say are the stand out tracks on the last release as well :) Starting over has good guitar parts though, and did come across well live too. But I love the title track on Alive Or Just Breathing the most on that album.

Maybe it was going a bit stale, but as I say I do feel they had another good record or 2 left in the last lineup.

Check this song out, it's Adam and Jesse in Times Of Grace, sounds like Killswitch, but you can tell that they were deliberately not trying to sound like Killswitch in a way (if that makes sense) Maybe if the shackles were off?? rock3

Let me know what you think, and I reccomend getting the album, it was my favourite release from last year :

Yeah a friend loves that release I might try and borrow it off him sometime! They definitely always had decent releases in them even if they kept it to the formula, I suppose it'll be interesting to see how this progresses as Howard wasn't exactly a poor vocalist and his stuff isn't easily replaced! I love the title track of AoJB too, it's so dismal lol.