Do you think a reunited GNR would make something comparable to the new Van Halen song?

ITW 2012

I don't think Slash and Axl even like or have a desire to create the same kind of music anymore.

Van Halen is different cause Dave and Eddie still share a musical direction and want to do it whatever the reason is.

Personally, I want Axl to move forward with the current line up, release cd2 with Bucket/Brain/Robin material and then release a fresh new album written by DJ, Bumble, and Fortus guitar wise.

By now, I feel a reunion is pointless from a creative point of view. A one off thing just to see and hear the old line up on stage again one last time will be the most I'd want.

I think Eddie knows that Diamond Dave isn't worthy of being in the band anymore, but it's too late in the game for them to get a different singer, and the public just wouldn't accept it anyway.

Wow. Diamond Dave Isn't worthy of being In the band anymore. Why Is that?

I was out of line. My expectations were so high after hearing that song they played in New York that I was really disappointed by the first single and cheesy video for it. I'm sure they'll have some good stuff on the album. Diamond Dave is worthy. I feel bad now.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This new VH needs Sammy Hagar back. Someone who can write lyrics and still sing.

I would like Michael Anthony back as well, but Wolfie does a decent job.

Always liked this tune and vocally it's very much in the vein of classic VH. I think that Michael Anthony's harmonies were an integral part of the sound.

That is a good hard rocking song, and I would actually like to buy a copy of that and maybe the rest of the album, but there is nothing in that songs that reminds me in the slightest bit of Van Halen, except for the fact that two of the musicians were in VH.