Do you think a reunited GNR would make something comparable to the new Van Halen song?

ITW 2012

The GNR reunion is a bad obsession. I said I already left you and it's better off left behind.

I see what you did there.

Misquote? I haven't heard that song for 5 years. I only get so far then all doubts start piling up. Then I think Axl knows better.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last LA times interview really made clear to me why it won't happen.

I think we could get Izzy song on CD II. Maybe even Zakk or Duff featuring on it. What I mean is it's not impossible. Zakk did do something with Axl, there's that Ocean song, Duff has opened for them.

If the old line-up reunites and starts writing again, it would fail expectations.

Axl and Slash are on two different levels musically now.

Imagine we get both new Slash and GN'R albums at the same time? The forum will explode. Endless comparison no agreements.

ITW 2012 -

Never been a fan of Van Halen. A little before my time really. I listened to Tattoo since somebody posted it here and it did nothing for me. If some people like Van Halen, awesome. Good for them. Personally, I would much prefer Foo Fighters or The Black Keys. Have got some Black Keys spinning on the turntable right now actually.

MSL, go out and buy or download Van Halen I right now.

MAybe someday we will know.I like the VH songs,it sound like VH,not ones of their best,but at least you know is VH.

For the people that say that GNR would fail if they reunite and make a record,people said the same when Iron Maiden reunite,and the make Brave new World.

MAybe someday we will know.I like the VH songs,it sound like VH,not ones of their best,but at least you know is VH.

For the people that say that GNR would fail if they reunite and make a record,people said the same when Iron Maiden reunite,and the make Brave new World.

You can't really compare a band like Iron Maiden to GNR or Van Halen. GNR and Van Halen actually had a bunch of big hit songs that everybody knows.

Dave and the Van Halen boys have never been accused of being great song writers.

They make great songs, but strong lyrics have never been their trademark.

Jump? Panama? Hot For Teacher?

It's party rock.

It's beerkeg bushparties,drinking at the beach music.

Guarantee you a stripper somewhere is working Tattoo into her act as we speak.

It's just a good time...

VH were able to pick up where they left off.

Exactly.

I grew up with VH and motley crue. Party Rock is the perfect description.

I am really looking forward to the new album.

And I'm not embarrassed to say that I used to ne a huge crue fan as well. I still listen to the first album.....on with the show, merry go round and round, starry eyes were great songs.

Don't go away mad, shout at devil, Dr feelgood, home sweet home. Party rock.

And all the corbani album.

I grew up with motley and both VHs. Fun music.

You can't really compare a band like Iron Maiden to GNR or Van Halen. GNR and Van Halen actually had a bunch of big hit songs that everybody knows.

There are maaaaaaaaany people that i know, born 1986 that they dont know who is axl rose,or welcome to the jungle.Back in the 90s everybody knew that,but the new generations if they arent into rock they dont know.Back in the 90s was imposible to not know it

Guest Len B'stard

Don't think i've ever heard any Van Halen in my life...he's meant to be a shit-hot guitarist though? And Motley Crue, heard that one song, Girls Girls Girls, sounds like a load of shit to be honest.

Is David Lee Roth from Van Halen? If so i don't think i'll bother listening to em either. To me all i need to know beyond what impression i already have of em is from this Joe Strummer documentary where DLR goes:

"The thing that The Clash don’t understand, and the thing that a lot of these bands don’t understand, is that you can’t take life so goddamn seriously, honey!"

And it's like, right, OK, well that clears it up for me, on the one hand you got this well oiled stylish urgent electric and just fuckin raw band like The Clash that just eviserate their set and have a point and a purpose and something to say and then you have the opposite which is, what, hey man, lets all not take life seriously and just be "rock stars" and pretend like it's 1971 and we're fucking Led Zeppelin or something. It's OMG, somebody just stood up over there and said something, quick, stamp them out!! It's just typical fucking corporate rock fuckin bullshit, yeah, lets all just fucking not take life seriously and not actually make any music about anything that relevant to anyone and just help sell Sprite at stadiums. (and before anybody says anything yeah The Clash played stadiums...and they were the last gigs they ever did).

To me thats just like a line drawn in the sand but the members of the band themselves saying like, hey, OK, if you like music like The Clash then we ain't the band for you so it's like, OK, cool.

. I know most of the big Van Halen hits and honestly themselves only one I ever liked growing up was Right Now

No way man, that stuffs for sissys. These are the bands I listen to. Def lep. Skynyrd. Van halen ...not Van Hagar.."

-J.D.

Edited by drtydane

There are maaaaaaaaany people that i know, born 1986 that they dont know who is axl rose,or welcome to the jungle.Back in the 90s everybody knew that,but the new generations if they arent into rock they dont know.Back in the 90s was imposible to not know it

Do these people not watch sports? Welcome to the Jungle gets played at every sporting event in North America.

I don't really like this song and think Wolfgang looks strange up there on the old Jump video-styled stage. I think it's sort of shitty that Michael Anthony was kicked-out of the band.

My favorite VH related albums are A) 5150 (Sammy's debut) - Love that album. I think I wore out 4 cassettes of it from 1986-90. Sammy is an awesome musician, great singer/ songwriter, and an even better guy. B) I dig DLR's Eat Em And Smile !!!! Yankee Rose is one of the best videos of all time and the song just fucking rocks (steve vai on guitar). GIVE ME A GLAZED DONUT.... AND A BOTTLE OF ANYTHING... TO GO... TO GO... TO GOOOO (perhaps many of you don't remember what I'm talking about - go to YoutTube and watch the video).

Also, can you imagine what it would be like if GNR reunited and they created a video (like a WTTJ recreation) for their first single and Axl steps off the greyhound in Downtown Los Angeles only he's got his current look? Beta, Fernando, and Vanessa could be hanging around the bus stop. The videos on TV are a bunch of middle east bullshit and homeless Occupy Los Angeles people sitting in cardboard boxes on the side of the road. Adler's sitting outside the Pasadena Rehab Clinic on a swing with Gary Bussee.... what a video that would be.

Edited by Eddie Money

Do these people not watch sports? Welcome to the Jungle gets played at every sporting event in North America.

Here in spain,the dont put welcome to the jungle in the bullfights....jokes apart,i can listen many songs during futbol (soccer for you) but i dont know the name/artist.

I was never a big fan of VH and certainly don't care much for the new single.

However, Slash, Duff and Izzy have shown over their various side projects that they can still produce great rock music.

Axl still has the voice and lyrics and if he wanted to go back to that style I have no doubt it would be fantastic.

Don't think i've ever heard any Van Halen in my life...he's meant to be a shit-hot guitarist though? And Motley Crue, heard that one song, Girls Girls Girls, sounds like a load of shit to be honest.

Is David Lee Roth from Van Halen? If so i don't think i'll bother listening to em either. To me all i need to know beyond what impression i already have of em is from this Joe Strummer documentary where DLR goes:

"The thing that The Clash don’t understand, and the thing that a lot of these bands don’t understand, is that you can’t take life so goddamn seriously, honey!"

And it's like, right, OK, well that clears it up for me, on the one hand you got this well oiled stylish urgent electric and just fuckin raw band like The Clash that just eviserate their set and have a point and a purpose and something to say and then you have the opposite which is, what, hey man, lets all not take life seriously and just be "rock stars" and pretend like it's 1971 and we're fucking Led Zeppelin or something. It's OMG, somebody just stood up over there and said something, quick, stamp them out!! It's just typical fucking corporate rock fuckin bullshit, yeah, lets all just fucking not take life seriously and not actually make any music about anything that relevant to anyone and just help sell Sprite at stadiums. (and before anybody says anything yeah The Clash played stadiums...and they were the last gigs they ever did).

To me thats just like a line drawn in the sand but the members of the band themselves saying like, hey, OK, if you like music like The Clash then we ain't the band for you so it's like, OK, cool.

If you want to miss out on one of the best rock bands in history because of one quote like that, be my guest, but it's your loss.