How much do you think each member earns per show?

goldfoot

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be shitting yourselves guys! These guys are stars, hand picked by Axl. I don't think they're rolling on some middle class wage. On tour they're working 24/7 and except for the US tour, they play for BIG audiences. Guns get paid shit loads for a show like RIO or any of the other huge festivals/concerts they play.

PS: I have no facts but I was always sure that everyone in the band are millionaires and I don't think Axl would have his own jet, coming late and pissing off people unless he was loadedand I don't think the other guys would want to put up with much of the GNR stress unless it paid off.

You gotta be shitting yourselves guys! These guys are stars, hand picked by Axl. I don't think they're rolling on some middle class wage. On tour they're working 24/7 and except for the US tour, they play for BIG audiences. Guns get paid shit loads for a show like RIO or any of the other huge festivals/concerts they play.

PS: I have no facts but I was always sure that everyone in the band are millionaires and I don't think Axl would have his own jet, coming late and pissing off people unless he was loadedand I don't think the other guys would want to put up with much of the GNR stress unless it paid off.

I Think you made your point the first time ;)

But I agree, GNR is still one of the biggest bands arround, and maybe they're not al molionaires YET but I don't think that will take long.

I think it's save to assume none of them have to worry abouot money, the comming 20 years if not for the rest of their lifes

Edited by keescas

Guest Len B'stard

10p and a pound of grapes...whatever Tommy Stinson makes its not enough. He should get paid extra just for being Tommy Stinson.

That is not punk rock

Neither are umbrellas but they keep the rain off your back.

PS: I have no facts but I was always sure that everyone in the band are millionaires ....

I'm quit sure that this is not the case. The Band might get well paid but they are for sure far away from being millionaires..

At least they are all just session musicians and they get paid for that - never heard that someone became millionaire just by doing this job.

PS: I have no facts but I was always sure that everyone in the band are millionaires ....

I'm quit sure that this is not the case. The Band might get well paid but they are for sure far away from being millionaires..

At least they are all just session musicians and they get paid for that - never heard that someone became millionaire just by doing this job.

Even if they received a million dollar check for the year, because they have periods of having no money come in and might make 20,000-30,000 the following year, wouldn't be calling themselves millionaires.

The musicians in GNR don't seem to be treated like session musicians - they are a part of the show.

Even if they received a million dollar check for the year, because they have periods of having no money come in and might make 20,000-30,000 the following year, wouldn't be calling themselves millionaires.

The musicians in GNR don't seem to be treated like session musicians - they are a part of the show.

Of course they are because it would look extremly stupid if it's just axl on stage and the guys are playing somewhere in the background

From a contractual point of view they are for sure no more than session musicians - band members normally also earn money from merch etc which is for sure not the case here.

I don't know how much they make.

But let's do the math...

The record was supposed to be what 13 million in expenses? And that's probably not even counting the side expenses like travelling, girls, dope. The label paid for most of the sessions but the record didn't make enough for the contracted payback. Now they want their money back. That plus the lawsuits. Why do you think the "band" is whoring out to Best Buy? Selling VIP passes to their fans? Touring and touring and touring? Playing exclusive shows to rich saudis and russians? They need the money.

Richard has a family, yet he plays in two bands, basically touring back to back. Plus endorsements, gear reviews, music for video games and stuff. So unless he's a total workaholic, his salary in Guns must be quite underwhelming. DJ is a 39 year old emo kid - nuff said. Wealthy background or attention whore. Probably both. Doesn't look like he's in the band for the money. Ron can't even afford decent treatment for his injury. Dizzy? Chris? LOL! Beta gets more than these guys.

Don't kid yourself. Not one of these guys is an actual "star" like Axl.

"Hi, I'm Jimmy Hiredhand from Guns N' Roses". Take away the "from Guns N' Roses" part and what's left? There's your salary.

I suppose they get paid very decently...but nowhere near as much as they should considering that whenever Axl's voice is shot, they handle the show by themselves and how much crap they have to deal with...

Someone said "Beta probably makes more than these guys" and, as much as I think it's a pain in the ass : it's probably true.

That being said, Axl still deserves to make a whole lot more than them since he took part in the writing of the songs that, y'know, fill the venues.

Wasn't dizzy looking for a roommate a couple years back! I remember something about that on his MySpace ... Doubt they make millions . Dj had a lot of stuff going on that probably why appears to be doing well

A lot of people in SoCal called themselves "millionaires" when the value of their homes skyrocketed. I think because Axl chose seasoned musicians over Musicians Institute musicians, he had to pay them way more than someone like Britney or Mariah would be paying a musician. DJ's also worked with Crue and Neil Diamond, so I'm pretty sure he's going to be living very comfortably in Vegas. Odds are he'll prob. look into being a bandleader or music director while he's there, if for some reason GNR calls it a day. He has to know at least 20 guys working the Strip in some of the big production shows. It's a good place for him to be workwise, other than that, it would be heading to Nashville, where a lot of session guys also go.

I don't know how much they make.

But let's do the math...

The record was supposed to be what 13 million in expenses? And that's probably not even counting the side expenses like travelling, girls, dope. The label paid for most of the sessions but the record didn't make enough for the contracted payback. Now they want their money back. That plus the lawsuits. Why do you think the "band" is whoring out to Best Buy? Selling VIP passes to their fans? Touring and touring and touring? Playing exclusive shows to rich saudis and russians? They need the money.

Richard has a family, yet he plays in two bands, basically touring back to back. Plus endorsements, gear reviews, music for video games and stuff. So unless he's a total workaholic, his salary in Guns must be quite underwhelming. DJ is a 39 year old emo kid - nuff said. Wealthy background or attention whore. Probably both. Doesn't look like he's in the band for the money. Ron can't even afford decent treatment for his injury. Dizzy? Chris? LOL! Beta gets more than these guys.

Don't kid yourself. Not one of these guys is an actual "star" like Axl.

"Hi, I'm Jimmy Hiredhand from Guns N' Roses". Take away the "from Guns N' Roses" part and what's left? There's your salary.

Weird how obsessed a few people are with the hired hands thing.

Pathetic jealous little petty d-bags.

Call them whatever you want. They are still living their dream, getting paid to play music, touring the world, making way more money than you are.

Lady Gaga pays her musicians $700.00 per show. I'm pretty sure that she is making a little more a night.

She's still pretty new at headlining, and she sinks a lot of her own money into the show. I'm sure she's taken care of her family, she has enough to buy a house in the Hamptons, but her dad pretty much handles a lot of it (it's kind of like she still gets an allowance, but I guarantee if she had an epic flop and her fanbase bailed on her, she has rainy day money. She did go to the same school Paris Hilton did, so her dad's got some bank even before she made it big). You're talking about 3 years, and she's prob. still paying a lot of old debts off, recording, touring, etc. It'll prob. be another few years until she'll feel like she has breathing space. She's been working nonstop for 5-6 years at this, and it's prob. last year where she could start unwinding a bit.

That sounds about average for a backing musician for a pop star. The more expensive the tickets get, the more they'll get. She seems like a caring person who plays dress up and becomes the star, and just as easily, takes all that stuff off and speed past you on her bike in Brooklyn, looking like every other Brooklyn Italian girl. She's looking to people like Bruce and Billy Joel & Bowie as much as she is Madonna on what she needs to do to make this go for the long haul. Bowie did plenty of selling out through his career.