Is the axl rose we have today

taylorswift

He's the same guy with time adding some contours and flattening some canyons and experience painting different shades of sky and sea.

That is beautiful, you're not a song writer or poet are you?

For conspiracy theories this link caught my attention, no idea if anyone has posted it before but guess it has been.

http://tritontimes.wikidot.com/guns-n-roses-rockstar-axl-rose-dead-at-45

Quite sick really <_<

Yes...because as we all know, people do NOT typically change between 18 and 49.

Well come on, in 2001 he was pretty much the same old Axl. 2011 Axl was a big shock to many.

The big shock came in 2002. The bigger physical frame was new in '01, but not shocking. The braids and constant usage of sports jerseys was a shock to many.

No he is fat,ugly,cant sing and cant write good music anymore

He is a fuckin loser :fuckyou:

Let me tell you something november snow.

On GNFNR.com you can say this and people laugh, which you know by now.

But on MyGNR you can do this 3 or 4 times and you're out.

Dizzy Reed wouldn't like that.

If you can't write or sing anything even a tenth as good as Mr Rose's songs that he's thrown away or appreciate that it's decent music even if you aren't fond of the direction Guns N' Roses have gone in over time then why are you insulting him? Find something else to do. I'm not interested in anything Velvet Revolver does but I can see that it's good music even if it's not for me, I don't waste my time insulting Slash or trying to make it seem crap to others because it isn't. There's much worse things to whine about.

Edited by RandallFlagg

It's funny that threads like this exist on this board, but when anything about Slash/Duff/VR/anything former-band related is posted, it's immediately moved, and people are warned... :rofl-lol: What the fuck does this have to do with anything? Other than the fact that it's completely retarded, and I guess that itself can be the new topic of discussion. :thumbsup:

Um, Slash/Duff/VR have their own message boards, even on this very site. Your post proves you're more interested in trolling than actually discussing Slash/Duff/VR. And let's be honest, a lot of people who post Duff/Slash/VR stuff know better, so that leaves only one motive: trolling. If you think this topic is not worthy, then mark it. Cry moar plz.

Now now, Popcorn. You can't tell people to do something you have done yourself over and over again. Personally, I don't give a fuck if someone bitches about Slash, Duff...or any threads being here. But you can't say and do two different things. Well I guess you can, but it's not cool....lol

You better re-read my posting history and/or post a link, liar. I have never created a Slash/VR/Duff thread in this forum. I created a Vince Neil thread once.

You're either lying or are severely confused. Dr. Brownstone's post is clearly about thread topics, so I don't know what you're on about, buddy.

No, I meant I've seen you go off on people for posting Slash/Duff/ex members stuff in this forum. I've seen you rip into those people and their threads countless times. That's all I'm talking about.

"Countless times?" That's horseshit. A few times, and I didn't "rip into" them, I just point out they post in here either to cupcake or because they know their thread will die in the VR/Former Gunners sections. I swear, some people are so sensitive. Also FYI I don't mark people when they fire back at me. I also don't get into ad nauseum debates/flamewars like other posters. A few good jabs back n forth, then I let 'em have the last word, usually.

Now, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah Axl.

I seem to remember some former manager saying fame didn't change Axl. But I can't remember where I read that quote.

Fame changes everyone. I don't think it's humanly possible for someone to go from bagging groceries to being one of the Beatles and NOT have it affect he or she in some form or another.

I think some people learn to adapt with the changes, they don't want to come across as a rich asshole, so they make efforts to keep real, stay humble, and keep doing the same thing they did when they weren't as recognized. If you had a low self esteem before you were famous, but you had tons of drive to make it, you're still going to have a low self esteem, but now you've got a bunch of people around you saying how great you are. People who want to be famous want the attention, but once they have it, they don't like what they become sometimes. I read Gene and Ace's books, and people fell in love with the guys wearing makeup, not the guys that grew up in NYC. The 3 books the GNR guys wrote detailed their accounts on how they dealt with it.

I'm sure Axl can identify with "Entourage" because he brought some hometown friends out to enjoy his success with him and tried to help them out, they're the ones he feels he could trust more than the guys he's had to deal with in LA for business.

I do think they all think about how they're going to be when they're famous when they're in the "starry eyed" dreams, and it's far off. But once they're there, it's a whole other story. It's a business, they have commitments, and that can suck the juices out of someone creative. Take a look at everyone who's made it, and everyone whose career went down the tubes. Some had a fleeting taste of fame, and to me, if you're getting absolutely no work in LA, take some of that money you made off your one or two hits or what you've saved and go to school, so you're not pouring coffee for an old friend and feeling humiliated. I think Duff's path after GNR vs Adler's was about pursing interests outside of music and just putting his money in local businesses that did well. One of the guys that used to be on MASH got out of acting and got into investing and real estate, did very well for himself. But then you have that baseball player that got into real estate and lost everything, I think he's doing time.

I'm sure he gets all sorts of request to invest in someone's business, and they either get shredded or a check's cut.

U know something about the 'axl is dead' theory doesnt feel right... I mean if orignal line up was still 2gther thn it would have made sense... U knw? Slash and duff got Axl killed and got a look alike in the band so the orignal line up could live on... But y get some1 who fires eveyone one?

In my personal opinion, Axl has aged rather oddly compared to the rest of the old guys. Kinda weird too, as he was the cleanest of them all when it came to drugs.

Axl said back in a 1990 interview that all the band members had addictions. He said his was eating too much. I think that's what it is. Duff, Izzy, Steven...most of those guys weigh the same as they did back in the day. Weight is a HUGE factor in appearance.

U know something about the 'axl is dead' theory doesnt feel right... I mean if orignal line up was still 2gther thn it would have made sense... U knw? Slash and duff got Axl killed and got a look alike in the band so the orignal line up could live on... But y get some1 who fires eveyone one?

They got Axl killed and installed someone in who they trusted, someone who had a seemingly submissive personality, and he betrayed them by firing them all. Ever wonder why they never took Axl to court for signing the name over under duress? Because "Axl" can then say, "Yeah, well, I'm not even Axl. They killed him," and then they'd be in prison.

It's so obvious. :rolleyes:

It's funny that threads like this exist on this board, but when anything about Slash/Duff/VR/anything former-band related is posted, it's immediately moved, and people are warned... :rofl-lol: What the fuck does this have to do with anything? Other than the fact that it's completely retarded, and I guess that itself can be the new topic of discussion. :thumbsup:

Um, Slash/Duff/VR have their own message boards, even on this very site. Your post proves you're more interested in trolling than actually discussing Slash/Duff/VR. And let's be honest, a lot of people who post Duff/Slash/VR stuff know better, so that leaves only one motive: trolling. If you think this topic is not worthy, then mark it. Cry moar plz.

Now now, Popcorn. You can't tell people to do something you have done yourself over and over again. Personally, I don't give a fuck if someone bitches about Slash, Duff...or any threads being here. But you can't say and do two different things. Well I guess you can, but it's not cool....lol

You better re-read my posting history and/or post a link, liar. I have never created a Slash/VR/Duff thread in this forum. I created a Vince Neil thread once.

You're either lying or are severely confused. Dr. Brownstone's post is clearly about thread topics, so I don't know what you're on about, buddy.

No, I meant I've seen you go off on people for posting Slash/Duff/ex members stuff in this forum. I've seen you rip into those people and their threads countless times. That's all I'm talking about.

"Countless times?" That's horseshit. A few times, and I didn't "rip into" them, I just point out they post in here either to cupcake or because they know their thread will die in the VR/Former Gunners sections. I swear, some people are so sensitive. Also FYI I don't mark people when they fire back at me. I also don't get into ad nauseum debates/flamewars like other posters. A few good jabs back n forth, then I let 'em have the last word, usually.

Now, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah Axl.

I seem to remember some former manager saying fame didn't change Axl. But I can't remember where I read that quote.

Fame changes everyone. I don't think it's humanly possible for someone to go from bagging groceries to being one of the Beatles and NOT have it affect he or she in some form or another.

I think some people learn to adapt with the changes, they don't want to come across as a rich asshole, so they make efforts to keep real, stay humble, and keep doing the same thing they did when they weren't as recognized. If you had a low self esteem before you were famous, but you had tons of drive to make it, you're still going to have a low self esteem, but now you've got a bunch of people around you saying how great you are. People who want to be famous want the attention, but once they have it, they don't like what they become sometimes. I read Gene and Ace's books, and people fell in love with the guys wearing makeup, not the guys that grew up in NYC. The 3 books the GNR guys wrote detailed their accounts on how they dealt with it.

I'm sure Axl can identify with "Entourage" because he brought some hometown friends out to enjoy his success with him and tried to help them out, they're the ones he feels he could trust more than the guys he's had to deal with in LA for business.

I do think they all think about how they're going to be when they're famous when they're in the "starry eyed" dreams, and it's far off. But once they're there, it's a whole other story. It's a business, they have commitments, and that can suck the juices out of someone creative. Take a look at everyone who's made it, and everyone whose career went down the tubes. Some had a fleeting taste of fame, and to me, if you're getting absolutely no work in LA, take some of that money you made off your one or two hits or what you've saved and go to school, so you're not pouring coffee for an old friend and feeling humiliated. I think Duff's path after GNR vs Adler's was about pursing interests outside of music and just putting his money in local businesses that did well. One of the guys that used to be on MASH got out of acting and got into investing and real estate, did very well for himself. But then you have that baseball player that got into real estate and lost everything, I think he's doing time.

I'm sure he gets all sorts of request to invest in someone's business, and they either get shredded or a check's cut.

Totally agree with all of that. I know if I ever become famous and make a boat load of cash, I'm saving that shit.

The sad part is that you consider my talking about those things here "trolling". I mention them because they are relevant. This is the most used board on the site, and I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the vast majority of the people on it are fans of both current/past GNR and VR. My posting current news stories regarding those things here is to get that info. (that I myself would hope someone else would post here if I don't already know about it) to the people who want to know it. But you see that as "trolling". What a lame term, too.

On the subject: yes

Same dude- and he looks fine IMHO... particularly in the context of being a rich, soon-to-be 50 year-old male who likes fine food, a nice drink or two and is clearly not overly obsessed with physical training. IMHO he just seems to be more in a "do the absolute minimum I need to do to stay respectable live" frame of mind at this stage in his life. Frankly, it's a pretty reasonable bet that he would resent the shit out of being forced to eat rabbit food and P90Xing himself to death for 6 months just so fans get a flashback to 1990 or whatever. These things can change as you go through life though. Who knows- maybe turning 50 will be an eye-opener to him- especially when he contemplates all the things he still wants to accomplish with his band and he'll get back into a "get super-fit" frame of mind...

Whatever the case- most definitely the same guy. Just A LOT more comfortable in his own skin and more at peace it seems to me...